Art Schedule?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art Schedule?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Schedule?

I kind of feel like I would improve faster with my art if I had a set schedule instead of having to think "What should i do today?".. Is there any art schedule ideas I could take a look at to see what I can fill my day with? I know theres anatomy studies, value studies, color theory, etc.. but I would like to incorporate as much as I can in a 7 day week!

thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think you'll improve faster if you just do drawing, instead of thinking if you need a schedule to draw. It might make things...I dunno ...more fun that way.

Just a thought

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's kind of hard to do that when you are consciously trying to think of a time to do it (let it come naturrraaalllyyy) *lol*. If you have something you want to draw but don't feel like drawing it at the particular moment write down the thought and come back to it. Especially if the idea you have is something that you think you will not be able to produce the way you see it in your head right then. For example: When I have a dream or something and it gives me an idea for a drawing/painting/etching/whatever I write down a title/ or describe it on paper. For most people I would assume you do art when you can since school/work/other miscellaneous must do things take up so much time. BUT If you have nothing to do DO WHAT YOU WANT lol.... Sorry if that is not a good answer. But I think unless your already a descent payed freelance artist who can afford to do art all day it might be hard to "schedule" a session.... Or maybe not idk just a guess.......

Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I prefer to set myself ridiculously ambitious projects, and learn stuff in the course of working on the projects - it's more fun for me that way.

For instance, I might plan a complicated comic project, and in the process of completing it I get to practice anatomy, perspective, composition, etc. Or I'll plan an ambitious series of paintings, and learn - well, everything - as I try to complete them. Since I have this unfinished project sitting there, there's no question about "what should I do today", I KNOW what to work on, I work on the project. (It helps especially if there's a deadline or some kind of goal attached, like "I want to finish this by August", that gives me motivation.)

Getting involved in contests and online challenges is a great way for me to get practice, I find. Built-in deadline and extra motivation to do the best I can!

However, if you're really a schedule kind of person, there was some discussion of that in this thread (with a sample schedule that you could adapt if you want) - http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=192710

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 681 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I am taking an at-home art course, which allows me to do the assignments within 2 weeks.

Once the assignment is done and mailed in, I read, watch anime on my comp, apply what knowledge I've learned to my sketching. (but my learning doesn't stop with those assignments) I pratice composition & layouts and anatomy by applying them to comic book characters (since I wanted to draw comics at one time) & I play with drawing figures in just shadows. I also play with color in markers (which I should do more often!)

Until the critique comes, I see my grade, and start the next assignment (we're in the beginnings of graphic design right now).

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Vinicam is offline Five percent inspiration and ninety five percent transpiration.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I made one based on the Dave Rapoza schedule... You can see it in my sketchbook thread. But honestly, I'm not following it right now. Is just too much for me, but you can adapt it if you like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks all! im goin to try to create a schedule i think based off of dave repozas schedule and see how that works out

Members who have read this thread: 2