Poll: Time is running out to sign up for THE ART DEPARTMENT SPRING SEMESTER!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Will you be a new student in TAD starting in Jan 2011

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Full-time POD

10 18.18%
  • Yes, Full-time Online

14 25.45%
  • Yes, Part-time POD

3 5.45%
  • Yes, Part-time Online

17 30.91%
  • Yes, Single Class Online

11 20.00%

Thread: Poll: Time is running out to sign up for THE ART DEPARTMENT SPRING SEMESTER!

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,573 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Poll: Time is running out to sign up for THE ART DEPARTMENT SPRING SEMESTER!

Full time program registration begins today for next semester starting in Jan. If you are intending to be with us, please let us know in the poll. Sixteen courses are available for part time and single class selection. TAD is also launching a full ENTERTAINMENT 3D program with instructors from across the most important companies in the industry. The time is now. Seating is limited so sign up now if you can and want to guarantee your spot. The majors include:

Foundations
    Fine Art
    Entertainment Design
    Entertainment 3D
    and
    Illustration

Be sure to check out the links to student work, testimonials, classes, and more below!

All classes available for full/part time and single class study are listed in this link. http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194944 and that includes the new classes below:

a. Digital Painting
    b. Cast Drawing
    c. History of Illustration with Terry Brown
    e. Using Reference
    f. Color and Composition 2
    g. 3D One
    h. Figure Two
    i. Sketchbook Two
    j. Head Painting
    k. and all first semester classes!

We will be releasing the updated website this week but Registration is officially open. There are scholarships available for new students of merit and the results of the first semester have been stellar.

Here are what some of the other students have had to say about TAD's Online and on site programs so far:

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194277

Here are some student works from the first semester in foundations (and pics too..so scroll down):

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194350

The below TAD poster was created in class last month by first semester student Jama Jurabaev.

Watch www.theartdepartment.org this week for the update and more information!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jason Manley; August 23rd, 2010 at 06:28 AM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hell yes I'm starting in January! I applied this spring and got accepted, but decided to wait for January to save up some money. I was informed that I could save my spot until next semester starts, and I hope this still stands. Or am I just 'accepted' without a spot until I've made my first payment? If so, what are the payment deadlines to secure a spot in the full time online January semester?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Serpian, That is awesome news. We are going to push you to do your best and you will be swamped with the information and knowledge you need to level up. You will want to secure your spot as soon as you are able so you guarantee your spot. Shoot an email to thegatorATtheartdepartment.org and David Degeyter will assist you. He handles all tuition matters here.

JM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Jason, I expect no less! I just chatted with Scooter and he said that by telling him I'm going to start in January I would be all set, and that the first payment will be due in January. I can't wait to start! With a little luck and a bit of money, I'm hoping to be able to go to the Amsterdam workshop too! In my situation right now it's a fool's hope, but I know I need it as I will definitely not be able to go to America for three weeks in the beginning of the year... Regarding that, will the three-week workshop be filmed so that us Europeans can look at it too?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I'm gonna apply next year actually. Right now I don't even have the money for tuition, so I'm gonna try and get a job and save as much as I can and try for that scholarship. Here's for hoping

Last edited by Eico; August 24th, 2010 at 05:36 AM.

I live in England, I live partly in Dorset but mainly in London as im studying Acting there at Uni.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

I live in London and Im interested in apply to one of your Full time Online courses for Jan 2011. However I cant seem to find the way to apply? Could someone help me?

Thank you

Joshua Dunlop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! I live in Brazil, very interested as well, but I also couldn't find the information for online courses...

What signature?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the heads up!

All of the information up currently on the next batch of online classes are here http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194944 and the first semester classes are here http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=221

To apply you simply go to www.theartdepartment.org and push the APPLY NOW button atop the site.

Thanks and see you in class!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, my name is Amilton and I’m from Brazil too !
    I was looking at TAD courses and I'm a little confused.
    Long time ago i started to save some money to do the summer program of Illustration academy thinking it was 3 moths length, but looks like its 4 weeks length right ?
    Well I wanna do a course that’s full time.
    To me is a lot easy to get lazy or carried away when doing any online classes.
    Could you tell me what course fits better with my profile?
    Also, if it's face I will need to travel and it will get me lots of trouble and money. There's anything I can do to get a discount or something?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Mr. Manley! I'm starting in january and will be a full time student at the Austin pod.

This is without a doubt the most exciting thing I have ever done. I am 33 years old and I guess I finally had the realization that without putting in the hours and hours of hardcore practice, I would not reach my goal of making art for a living soon enough. I simply don't get enough time after my job and other responsibilities are done. I decided to bite the bullet and take a chance, so I'm literally selling my house to have the funds to go to the POD full time and not have to work a part time job so I can concentrate on improving my skills.

Getting the acceptance letter was an unreal moment for me. I cannot wait to get started. Going from being able to make art for 8-10 hours in a M-F work week to creating for 8-10 hours a day will change my life for the better more than I can convey to you guys. I am beyond excited.

See you all soon, and thanks for the opportunity!

John M.
    (I usually finish off all my posts with my initials but I think sticking JM at the end of a post in this thread might be a little confusing.) =)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to swervdriven For This Useful Post:

drd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry won't be attending this spring. would love to attend at some point down the road.

this is the problem im facing; i have a dream of being the best artist i can be, learning new styles/techniques and getting my work 'awed' at but what's getting in the way of this is moooonnnneeeyy~~. i have found out that i work best hands on and one on one in person and best motivated this way. the economy is having an effect on me with only a part time blue collar job and unable to get the job i want to be in a local studio around here. seems like it's all about who you know and not about giving people a chance and im terrible at keeping in touch when i just want to work.

so my question to you is this; with hundreds (maybe thousands) of artist on CA.org that are probably in the same situation that i'm in, how can someone, like me, get into this amazing education with lack of money?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueVon View Post
    sorry won't be attending this spring. would love to attend at some point down the road.

this is the problem im facing; i have a dream of being the best artist i can be, learning new styles/techniques and getting my work 'awed' at but what's getting in the way of this is moooonnnneeeyy~~. i have found out that i work best hands on and one on one in person and best motivated this way. the economy is having an effect on me with only a part time blue collar job and unable to get the job i want to be in a local studio around here. seems like it's all about who you know and not about giving people a chance and im terrible at keeping in touch when i just want to work.

so my question to you is this; with hundreds (maybe thousands) of artist on CA.org that are probably in the same situation that i'm in, how can someone, like me, get into this amazing education with lack of money?
    BlueVon,
    Here's what I would suggest. First, start a savings account. Put as much as you can in that until you can attend TAD, perhaps in the Fall Semester.

Practice drawing now and stick to it everyday like a schedule.

Thats what I'm doing. Hope to see you attend TAD.
    Pce, Dan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The deadline is looming to get into TAD this semester. Here are some great pics from the TAD 3 week workshop that happens between each semester too: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...d=165960454633

If you are looking to improve your art and grow to a better career or improved professional quality work, you still have time to sign up for any of the 13 available classes on www.theartdepartment.org

You can reach us directly at infoATtheartdepartment.org or in the live chat that is available on the tad website.

Get your apps in folks. The time is now.

If you have not seen the student work, check out the student work threads here: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202256

Incredible stuff...

We hope to see you in class. Those who are coming, I look forward to personally working with you to help you with your career and art.

Jason Manley
    President
    TAD
    ConceptArt.Org
    Founder
    Massive Black Inc.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.