Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    hi again, guys. here's an update on my witch and also a small pic I did for work. I'll try to finish the witch by Friday when it's my birthday

Attached Images Attached Images    
    deviantart accountsketchbook

★ may your pencil always be sharp except for when you need it blunt ★
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Privet (ain't got no russian option on my comp here so i"ll write in English)

Really cool sketch book you've got here so far, you've got some good painting skills and some cool style, i actually like how it's influenced by manga/anime in some parts.
    My only suggestion would be that you make a bit more work on your anatomy, because in some paintings the proportions are a bit off.
    Anyways keep up with the great work and keep posting, you're doing great so far.

Alex.

Open for commissions......just PM me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallenangel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The witch painting is looking good man, but a few things I noticed that might help:

The floor is a bit plain/flat, maybe add in some rocks or something to rough it out a little.
    The clouds need tightening up (i assume your not done with them though)
    The back of her hair is forming a wierd tangent with the cloud behind it. It looks like they are merging.

Apart from that its looking aaace. Keep up the good work.

PHANDY // Andrew Porter
    Concept Artist // Splash Damage

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PHATandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Haven't been here since the albino painting (which I fucking love by the way) The subtle skarf works a treat. You really are something else, this SB is solid gold! And I looooooove gooooooold! Well actually I prefer silver... But hey... Great updates too. The witch is hot! Inspiring use of colour. Note to self must stop pussy footing around the pallette... Anyway was a pleasure to visit

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GEB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hello guys! here's a final image of my witch. I decided to get rid of the background because of the perspective and the colors... and all the other stuff on it. maybe one day i'll make another picture of what i've got.

b-dawg's sketchbook - updated October 09!

and here's a quick picture of a soviet car i did for work.
    Name:  car.jpg
Views: 1646
Size:  141.7 KB

---

Fallenangel

Really cool sketch book you've got here so far, you've got some good painting skills and some cool style, i actually like how it's influenced by manga/anime in some parts.
    My only suggestion would be that you make a bit more work on your anatomy, because in some paintings the proportions are a bit off.
    Anyways keep up with the great work and keep posting, you're doing great so far.
    Hi Alex! Thanks a lot for your feedback - yeah you're right, I have some problems with proportions... especially with the head size -___- and legs' length - but I'm working on it. Hope I'll get rid of this problem soon!

PHATandy

The witch painting is looking good man, but a few things I noticed that might help:

The floor is a bit plain/flat, maybe add in some rocks or something to rough it out a little.
    The clouds need tightening up (i assume your not done with them though)
    The back of her hair is forming a wierd tangent with the cloud behind it. It looks like they are merging.

Apart from that its looking aaace. Keep up the good work.
    Yeah man you're right. I can't draw clouds at all D: and I didn't ever think that it'd be that difficult. At l;east I understood that the prspective is a lot off and I didn't want to do anything with it so I cut off the rest of the pic and changed the hair of course because straight hair killed her pin up look in my opinion. You can see the result above.
    Thanks a lot for your comment, I don't get much constructive crits so I'm very pleased with every post I receive!

GEB

Haven't been here since the albino painting (which I fucking love by the way) The subtle skarf works a treat. You really are something else, this SB is solid gold! And I looooooove gooooooold! Well actually I prefer silver... But hey... Great updates too. The witch is hot! Inspiring use of colour. Note to self must stop pussy footing around the pallette... Anyway was a pleasure to visit
    hey man, thanks a lot for your kind words! i prefer silver too and I'll keep posting of course, I'll just finish playing God of War 3... and I'll start drawing for myself at home again

11. The Following User Says Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Hi there!

Wow, a lot of work goes into your stuff, that's for sure! Really impressive technically.

I adore your witch painting - really cute and a good decision with the background! I would recommend looking at Elvgren's stuff for more background ideas, i.e. that balance between nothing and too much, etc. Not for this painting, but just in general.

Keep working hard!
    Best wishes,

Ana

Get naked, eat sushi!

CA.org sketchbook
    Twitter

Thanks
    Your work is stunning and so are you, can't wait to see more!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Think you made the right choice with the witch the BG was too much of a distraction before. The hair shape is much more interesting and the little details work an absolute treat! But I think the crow on the left looks like he's missing a bit of love compared with the one on the right. Also the back of the broom seems to be in the wrong perspective, as it looks like the front of the broom and the witch is angled toward us. While the back looks more angled away. Her right foot looks a bit too thick to me too. But like I said a beautiful image. Love your colours!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GEB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That witch is awesome i just dont like the feet but the rendering on the face i love it,GEB is also right in his some of his crits but still it is beautiful image for me.tc=))

My sketchbook.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...=203100&page=7

Awesome artist and friends

Nkristian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jansi View Post
    Hi there!

Wow, a lot of work goes into your stuff, that's for sure! Really impressive technically.

I adore your witch painting - really cute and a good decision with the background! I would recommend looking at Elvgren's stuff for more background ideas, i.e. that balance between nothing and too much, etc. Not for this painting, but just in general.

Keep working hard!
    Best wishes,

Ana
    thank you very much, Ana!
    I have some problems with composition, like I often draw the figure separately from the background and then I break my head... what to draw on the background but I'm working on it

Quote Originally Posted by RaynaCendre View Post
    Your work is stunning and so are you, can't wait to see more!
    thank you very much! ^__^ I feel very inspired now that's why I'll upload more and more... and more...

Quote Originally Posted by GEB View Post
    Think you made the right choice with the witch the BG was too much of a distraction before. The hair shape is much more interesting and the little details work an absolute treat! But I think the crow on the left looks like he's missing a bit of love compared with the one on the right. Also the back of the broom seems to be in the wrong perspective, as it looks like the front of the broom and the witch is angled toward us. While the back looks more angled away. Her right foot looks a bit too thick to me too. But like I said a beautiful image. Love your colours!

dear GEB, thank you very much for such a detailed comment and constructive critics! I think I'll come back to this image a bit later when I rest enough from it and I'm going to improve it because I think there's not enough details and some things like feet are quite strange... thanks a lot for showing me the direction of improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by strangedawn View Post
    That witch is awesome i just dont like the feet but the rendering on the face i love it,GEB is also right in his some of his crits but still it is beautiful image for me.tc=))
    thank you very much! I don't like the feet also but I'm so stiff with them D: I'm going to study anatomy and stuff and then come back to this image and improve it a bit

--------------------------------

last week I did a huge amount of pencil sketches from anatomy books, I scanned them but today I forgot to take my flash disc D: so I'll show them in a couple of days.

so here're my latest digital works.

this is my selfportrait I did from a mirror... 1 hour or so
    it was all about the strange lightning in my room

here is some stuff from work

a small upgrade on elf-pimp

and this is a sketch I did for my friend's birthday:

i promised to finish this drawing to my friend - and I'm going on working on it, at the moment it looks like this:

I'm going to make him more demonish and erase those roses, they're so vulgar... eeeew

ok guys! enough for today hope I'll post my pencil stuff in a couple of days.
    I'm very inspired at the moment and I want to draw more, especially studies, so I come home from work and continue drawing. And I can see results even after a week of such activity! This inspires more and more. Now I have a goal - how I want to upgrade my drawing skill by New Year. I'll go on working more and more and I think I have all the chances

also I'm going to Italy (I hope so...) in the end of summer and I'm sure it'll bring me a lot of inspiration. I'm going to draw like mad all that architecture and stuff

18. The Following User Says Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    as I promised some sketches I did from observation and imagination.

Attached Images Attached Images      

20. The Following User Says Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    here's an elf gurl i'm drawing for one guy's birthday.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your sketchbook is really great. You're really pushing your skills. Keep at it. After seeing your stuff, shall practice as well today. Thanks for the inspiration.

"It's not about perfection, it's about improvement."

My sketch dump

Tumblr

24. The Following User Says Thank You to zeichenwut For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1