Sketchbook: b-dawg's sketchbook - updated October 09! - Page 5

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

56 days - portfolio challenge | 306 days - deathline challenge

Hi again, world! Happy New Year! ^___^
    It's early 2012 and I'm sick again. Again I have a heavy cold... facepalm.jpg
    I really need to go to the doctor because there definitely is something wrong about my immune system. But whatever... it's not my personal blog, it's my sketchook So here go some pictures from the last year. Tried to place them in chronological order.

Some unfinished guy from November 2011. This is the first "not beautiful guy" I've drawn... I think now I'm much better in drawing such stuff
    Think I'll finish that. This guy is supposed to be a judge or something like that. Maybe I'll even color it but I really suck at coloring black and white piueces >_< time to practice!

Name:  2011-12-24-martin.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  88.2 KB

Another ugly guy from Dec 2011
    Name:  BZZZZZ.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  273.5 KB

Here's a vampire faggot stuff. Vampidor, if you say that in Russia.
    Name:  2011-12-23-vamp-fag.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  173.0 KB

Another cute guy you'll always be happy to spend time with. A "cellulite man":
    Name:  2011-12-24-maika.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  194.3 KB

Colored this one sketch, http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...6&d=1319879695 it changed a lot during coloring... but whatever
    I'm not happy with the coloring result, maybe I'll work more on overlay layers, and maybe that's just my current mood...

Name:  2011-12-23-girl.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  259.3 KB

And this is the last digital work in 2011. I took this sketch http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1294851226 from January 2011 and remastered it a bit. Time to color!
    Name:  2011-12-30-papuas.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  288.6 KB

deviantart accountsketchbook

★ may your pencil always be sharp except for when you need it blunt ★
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The guy with the funky hair on top looks like my army mate, what an ass he was.
    Very solid stuff, and I like the variety you have in your sketches.
    Keep it up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rotor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates the pink lady is hot!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your new updates, especially the vampire guy! Also thank you for answering to my question. Finding a game development job sounds very simple from you.Draw and postr more!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work! Hope you feel better soon!

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rotor
    I dunno why, but the fact about your army mate made me laugh like hell... well and isn't it a sweet story that you wrote in only 2 sentences but I have a really nice feeling after it. Thank you! ^___^
    And moar, moar variety!!!

GEB: thank you! ^__^

pebbles: Well it wasn't difficult for me, because I had some skills and some random private pics in my portfolio I wish you to find a game development job yourself as soon as it is possible, you need just to start.

p sage: thank you very much! :hug:
    ---

Hello guys! ^__^ Here go some of my recent studies, some done with photos of awesome Bianca Beauchamp, some from random photos from the internetz. I also experimented with colors a little bit. Here's the result.

Will post moar studies later.

b-dawg's sketchbook - updated October 09!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! you are very well versed in so many subject matters, love the colors in the latest update.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumens For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    мэд рендер в посте 121 ))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lumens, Creusa: thank you very much!

--

Hi again, guys! Happy Christmas to all people who belong to orthodox church!

The doctor said that I have "acute maxillary sinusitis", which in simple language is "too much green snot". Maybe I'll need to have a small operation on my nose to get rid of all that shit. Of course I'm frightened as hell cos I hate all that medical stuff so I'm eating antibiotics instead of breakfast, dinner and supper I also head to give up drinking my everyday portion of vodka cos it doesn't work well with those pills. damn pills!

Sorry I have a little bit temperature so I may be writing really very, very stupid things.

Ok, some new drawings for today. Spent a bit more time on guy from post#121, colored quickly a very old sketch (from page 1 I suppose...) and started a quick Human Centipede 2 fanart.

Attached Images Attached Images      

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very inspiring stuff!Keep up the hard work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Izene: thank you very much! ^__^

--

Some updates.

Finished that "alternative poster of Human Centipede 2".

Name:  centipede2.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  273.1 KB

This is a tiny "easter egg" location for work. Looks quite stupid but that was a demand of my boss.

Name:  Snejnaya-pes7hera.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  265.6 KB

Well guys. Things are gonna change in my life. I'm seriously thinking to get a second higher education as a costume designer. That sounds strange but I'm afraid that university is the only place in Moscow where I can work during the day time and study in the evenings when I'm getting second higher education. In other places you'll need to attend classes during the day and pay for it but where find money? I don't feel myself free enough for freelance work. Also I'm a piece of shit in self presentation, can't do that at all. That's why finding clients for freelance work always was a problem for me.

I'll write a bigger post about it later.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Привет!) Спасибо за то что откликнулась. Я получил помоему более че исчерпывающий ответ). Просто у меня проблема. Я все рисунки делаю в один пресест. Редко почти никогда не возвращаюськ своим работам. Поэтому большинство имеют вид скеча т.к. потратить на бесперерывное рисование более 5 часов пока не могу. Из этого и проблема с не видинием конечного результата. Правда в последних работах я для себя более менее определился к какому результату надо стремится и делить сложную работу на несколько частей. Хотя если честно сложно ломать привычки.
    Так или иначе всетаки есть желание работать в направлении рисунка, поэтому выбор результата стал серьезной проблемой, особенно среди такого буйства стилей художников этого форума). Но в моей ситуации при постоянной нехватке времени я выделил линейный скеч в чб с последующим добавлением формы и света. Очень важно на начальном этапе заложить правильные пропорции перспективу форму. Любая ошибка на начальном этапе так или иначе вылезет в законченной работе проблемой. И хорошо если она будет замечена и исправлена, потому что глаза замыливаются уже после 2-3 часов работы. С линиями проще всего поправить нанести и они не перегружают мозги) Хотя кому конечно как есть ребята которые текстурами орудуют огого!! Поначалу было прикольно в таком стиле работать но потом просто понял что времени его заточить надо просто прорва) И как бы это не выглядело жадно но я уже сейчас хочу поучавствовать в какомнить проэкте, поэтому так стремлюсь к конкретике. По поводу корейцев: люди любят детализации и фотографическую точность это стереотип скила, таким образом проще оценивать работу)) много деталей хорошо мало деталей плохо. Ведь человеку сложно на более позних этапах от детского рисунка определить разницу между хорошей и плохой работой если нет очевидных различий. А корейцы, ну что корейцы они задроты, и кому то в голову пришло что это хорошо , а другие подхватили как бы это грусно не звучало но многократное повторение = высокий результат.
    У тебя в работах очень хороший уровень детализации, вот я и подумал что ты трудишся а значит имеешь соответствующий опыт) Вообще чем сейчас занимаешься в плане рисунка? Стримишь? Еще раз спасибо за развернутый ответ)

sketchbook
    my web Looking for a work

20. The Following User Says Thank You to n1frit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Your posts always make me smile. Good luck with the second degree @ university. And keep up the nice drawings ;^)

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

22. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice updates, great color studies! Your getting better with every new posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BTW what's written in russian on this pic:

25. The Following User Says Thank You to pebbles For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

48 days - portfolio challenge + 298 days - deathline challenge

pebbles
    Thank you! It's very encouraging to know that I'm getting better because it's the main purpose at the moment.
    And it's written on that pic:
    Beware of underground parkings of your town
    You watched it yourself? Show the movie to your friend! Or Martin will come for you.

p sage
    Ha ha thank you very much for the kind words, I'm happy to make somebody laugh What about that 2nd decgree, I'm not sure at the moment that I'll do it but I have some time before April to make a right decision.

n1frit
    Напсколько я понимаю, отвечать на подобного рода развёрнутые сообщения принято в ветке собеседника, поэтому я тебе и отвечу в твой скечбук
    Спасибо за многабукаф, приятно, когда есть с кем поговорить на форуме, а не одни сплошные грейт форк кипитап.)

--

Here go some speedpaints I did recently. I totally suck at drawing landscapes, so now I'm working on that.

If anybody tells me how to share videos here I'll share with you some music that I'm actually listening to. For inspiration

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    5 star sketchbook if I ever saw one
    Good job on the characters some of them look very solid. experiment more with different angles and poses, dont get locked on the same pose over and over, play around get out of your comfy zone once in awhile experiment thats where the progress is at.

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny_K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Спасибо за ответ!) Действительно приятно поговорить чуть шире обычного греат! Я всетаки решил что неплохо отвлекатся. Еще паралельно листаю любимых художников, чтоб глаз не замылиивался.
    http://mr--jack.deviantart.com/#/d4k17yp этот чел запредельно рисует) У него и сб вроде на концепте есть. Есть любимые художникик?
    Просвети если сможешь, не знаю у кого спросить. Вопросы оплаты всегда довольно щепитильны, но они неизбежно есть) Как реализуется оплата когда фрилансно работаешь, типа тебе на счет падает оплата и как тогда работу отдаешь чтоб не кинули. Как согласование происходит? Авторство своих работ защищаешь как то? И какокй уровень цен на иллюстрации. Ну и работ тоже по больше пости, чем больше мы рисуем тем лучше мы рисуем))

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook, love your work in colour

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 924 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    very cute work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hay

Big fan of your work, It has some amazing qualities. The last image in post # 126 is awesome.

- [- ------------- ---------- ---- - SketchbooK- - ------------ -----------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

46 days - portfolio challenge | 296 days - deathline challenge

Danny_K
    Thanks a lot Danny! ^___^ Because of you I have now 5 stars at my sketchbook - that is very encouraging! Now I feel that I grow not in my own eyes but in eyes of other people too, that's very inspiring.

experiment more with different angles and poses, dont get locked on the same pose over and over, play around get out of your comfy zone once in awhile experiment thats where the progress is at.
    Yeah, you are 100% right with that - getting out of my comfy zone is exactly what I've been trying to do last weeks, drawing notonly cute and becautiful characters but exploring other sides of art. The "ugly guys" portraits look almost the same (with same poses and lightning) because that was just an experiment, shy attempts to draw something different. Why do I feel like I'm making excuses? Because I AM! -_\ But whatver... I'll experiment more! Simply because I understand that the result won't be as ugly as I expect it to be. Now I'm braver

n1frit: Spasibo! \m/

Lav: thank you very much! ^__^

Aryeh: thanks a lot!

Obacmar: He he thank you very much for the kind words!

--

Here go some of my recent studies. I saved some steps of them, each step means 25 minutes of work.
    The girl is a free copy of a pic of some asian artist somewhere on cghub, I downloaded it a while ago and don't remember who's the author. BTW copying this pic was really helpful for me, I understood a lot about how do korean and chinese artists paint those vibrant colorful faces. Will do more because I want to improve my skin coloring a lot!

My landscape studies still suck, I don';t understand how to paint foliage so it'll look convincing but don't draw every leaf on the tree. Okay. I'll simply do tons and tons of studies...

The blouse and armor studies took me somewhat around 35 minutes each one. I downloaded Mr. Gloominati's reference pack for armors from here: http://www.cgbrush.org/2011/12/333-days-leeeft.html

Also I had a computer crush a couple of days ago. I started the EOW piece and almost finished that but then my hard disk corrupted and I lost the .psd file, only the ,jpg file that I showed to my friend saved... T__T Now I won't be able to take part in voting because I don't have WIPs of that but whatever - I have the experience! I'll show that later after I finish it.

...and here's some funny pic I found on tumblr, just wanted to share it with you guys

P.S. If anybody has any advises on painting foliage, if you have some links on process pictures or videos - please give them to me!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    О_о!!! Если бы мы играли в игру "кто запилит больший пост" ты бы определенно победила!) Что я могу сказать... Я кагбэ в шоке. Ин реал лайф с меня по меншей мере был бы стакан красного и цветы) Вобщем СПАСИБО ОГРОООООМНЕЙШЕ за просвещение! Очень очень полезная информация для начинающего художника. У меня теперь по крайней мере есть вектор небольшой, а это вдохновляет и подвигает на новые работы, так что еще одно спасибо за вдохновение!!! ТАМ ВЕДЬ ЦЕЛАЯ КУЧА КРУТЫХ ЛИНКОВ, О_о я даже не подозревал что люди так умеют рисовать! Сколько же всему еще надо научится)) такое себе маленькое низвержение на землю, чтоб не зазнавался)) Вот бы взять у одного из них мастер класс, было бы оочень круто. А то приходится сидеть и все ссамому выдумывать, а это не вегда эффетивно. В Украине я кстати наблюдаю тенденцию к развитию мат пентинга. Примитивного довольно но всетаки. В основном казуалки (их подавляющее большинство среди разрыбатываемых игр) делаются по принципу вписывания готового растра в существующую композицию. Я пробовал для меня, совершенно не выносимая и муторная работа, овер 9999 левел задротства! Люблю чтоб хоть немного свободы было. Последний портрет оч крутой и по цвету и по настроению, понравился вобщем)
    В Москеве есть школы по ЦЖ? И у тебя наверно целая куча знакомых художников) Ты маслом рисуешь?

ПС Извини что заваливаю вопросами, просто мне это все безумно интересно, а спросить почти не у кого. Друзья такие: цифровая живопись О_о не никогда не слышал)! *побежаль заваривать чай с тортиком, время листать новые картинки*
    чуть не забыл) скеч бук мистера джека
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=122981

Last edited by n1frit; January 14th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
    sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Follows
    Following

You will not believe it, but
    I had the same health problems as you did,
    two times heavy fever and cold, at the start
    of December and for New Year. Unbelievable.
    Very great work you have here.

Sketchbook
    [last update; 29th August 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW
    I just love this http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...4&d=1326025619
    Your nature pics look great as well, I esp like how you drew the snow As for foliage I have no idea but I think you're doing a great job with it, I have lots to learn from you. The last blouse study's sleeve is looking a bit strange though, I think the white line on the left side is flattening it. Fabric is soo hard to paint ;-;

Hey you! Yes, you! Crit me!

My CA.org Sketchbook 1 Last page Bashing much needed and appreciated!
    My daily art blog (all the junk and personal crap that my CA sketchbook doesn't have)

Feel free to shoot me a pm anytime~

39. The Following User Says Thank You to cloudcan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your stuff, characters and figurative work especially!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LtPlissken
    I will believe because I think it's quite a popular thing which happens to people by the end of a year, I know some guys from real life who were sick like me too. Hope you're doing better now and thank you for kind words!

n1frit Та-дам! Thanks for the link ^__^

cloudcan
    Thank you very much! ^__^

I'm not sure about the foliage because in my opinion how I draw her makes her look flat. But I couldn't find any video tutorials on how to do that (and no tutorials at all), so the only way now is simply to experiment a lot.

And fabric yeah, that's really difficult to paint and not to make it look flat with all that bouncing lights It looked normally on the reference pic and I'm now not skilled enough to make these bouncing lights look better.

Thank you for your kind words!

Conniekat8

Thank you very much! ^__^

---

At least I've scanned my moleskine sketchbook! Yay!
    My friend bought me this sketchbook in USA 2,5 years ago but I was afraid to spoil it with my shitty drawings, so I started drawing in that only 3 months ago.

Here go some of my 2011 sketches and my suggestion on CHOW - Loa of Love, a voodoo goddess which I drew yesterday.
    Well I'll change the appearance of that goddess... because I found out that that is not what is needed, this girl looks more like a priestess but not like Erzulie Freda herself.

Creatures are done mostly with references from Terryl Whitlatch books. Also I've got some studies of random ugly sculptures in here.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates! Starting to rock the enviro thing ey. Love the creamy tones on that portrait though I think the collar bones look a little uneven. And why fear the scribble? Embrace it hahahahahahahaaaa! Sorry too much coffee...

44. The Following User Says Thank You to GEB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GEB

Hey thanks, hope that too much coffee thing helps you
    You're right about the collar bones and thanks for mentioning it, I didn't see... need to make studies of that area more and more cos neck and collarbones are my weakest point in anatomy after feet

--

New updates!

My long-suffering last week EOW thingie

A quick girl's torso study... was trying to use less strokes on that, put only significant ones. But it looked too poor and airbrushed so I added some textured brushes.

Name:  boobs-study.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  131.2 KB

And some moleskine sketches from 2011

Name:  img010.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  414.7 KB

Film still studies

Name:  img011.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  171.8 KB

With this I had an idea to remaster this one painting (from 2010) of mine http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1289337658
    Not exactly what I needed, will experiment with that painting later...
    Name:  img012.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  350.7 KB

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! so much amazing work the last few days D: I dare not crit~ Keep them coming

Hey you! Yes, you! Crit me!

My CA.org Sketchbook 1 Last page Bashing much needed and appreciated!
    My daily art blog (all the junk and personal crap that my CA sketchbook doesn't have)

Feel free to shoot me a pm anytime~

48. The Following User Says Thank You to cloudcan For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1