Looking for an old sub-forum

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 744 Posts

Looking for an old sub-forum

I haven't been around much in recent months, while the forums have been shifted around a bit. There was once a subforum called something like "extraordinary finds from the bowels of CA" or...something like that. It was locked, so I guess only mods submitted to it. I can't even remember which main forum it branched off of.

Sorry to be so vague, but there were some extraordinary images in there that I really want for my inspiration folder.

Does anybody know what'n'the heck I'm talking about?

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Damn, I remember, but not sure what happened. I think it was called Best of CA or something. It didn't get updated very often near the end, then kind of disappeared I think.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    There was a "Best of CA" thread.

However, were you thinking more of this one? http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92314

...my humble and uneducated opinion.

-Nate

Thanks
    I found that one, Mute, but that wasn't it. It wasn't weekly, posting to it was quite rare. There really wasn't much in it, but there were some extraordinary images. Not "images that inspire" either -- this was original stuff that had been posted to CA.

Though it may have been an old thread in Finally Finished that I've actually got stuck in my head.

Oh, well.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    No no. I am pretty sure now that there was indeed a subforum. Every now and then the whole site gets a bit shifted around--references and inspiration got merged, that weird subforum on finally finished that was just full of joke posts and dicks got deleted etc. I think that what you are looking for ended up falling through the cracks from lack of updates.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,055 Posts
    I remember that. Didn't it used to be a sticky or something?

Searching for "Best of CA" brings up nothing, though...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sonea View Post
    No no. I am pretty sure now that there was indeed a subforum. Every now and then the whole site gets a bit shifted around--references and inspiration got merged, that weird subforum on finally finished that was just full of joke posts and dicks got deleted etc. I think that what you are looking for ended up falling through the cracks from lack of updates.
    Oooooh nooooo! The "I drew a penis" forum is no more? Oh, the humanity!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.