Personal Project

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Personal Project

I did about thirteen to fifteen little thumbnails for this, and about 3 or 4 large sketches just to play around with poses and color. I started about 2 days ago, and I've been busy starting school and everything, so off and on it took me about five hours. I couldn't figure out what color to put in the far background. I thought about a light blue wash, but decided with a light black/dark grey wash.
    I've always had trouble trying to get the right gradients of skin tone for the shadows. But practice helps. Anyways, what do you think?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please visit http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...77#post2906977 for my new sketchbook.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Everything seems to be on the same plane, so there's little depth. There's no sense of scale since there's no way of telling how far away the background is, etc.

The tangent between the dragon and what I assume to be its reflection makes it look like that's the neck, not the reverse of its jaw, and contributes to the flattening. A little separation there would help.

The Nezumi Works Sketchbook - Now in progress

My online portfolio

Bloggity blog

"Skill is the result of trying again and again, applying our ability and proving our knowledge as we gain it. Let us get used to throwing away the unsuccessful effort and doing the job over. Let us consider obstacles as something to be expected in any endeavor; then they won't seem quite so insurmountable or so defeating." - Andrew Loomis

If that is supposed to be the dragon's reflection in the water, I'm sorry to say that you did it wrong, which as a result really confuses the drawing. I can only recommend that you study water reflections (mirror reflections) to see how they work.

Members who have read this thread: 1