Art: Valor Troop Concept

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Valor Troop Concept

Concept Art of a standard Valor Troop. Im sorry thats its really light.The sketch was dark but it has gotten lighter after scanning. Valor Troop Concept

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all, the image has no impact. It lacks context, uses negative space poorly and has no visual hook or way to draw the eye. Greater contrast, line weight and at least some basic shading would push the values into a more interesting zone and draw attention. Human anatomy is a chant you will hear consistently across the board, but its importance cannot be understated - your understanding of it is rudimentary, but needs to be improved. Visit Fineart.sk and make some studies. On a design level the concepts dont read - these are troops, but they carry no insignia, seem to have worried expressions unworthy of military men (although this may be deliberate) and have extremely odd, stilted poses. The weapons on their packs would benefit from studies of actual weaponry, especially modern firearms, of which there plenty to be found on google. The cloth on their armour (I assume it is cloth) is far too undefined, and needs folds and textures to help us visualise it. All unreal weapons, characters, creatures etc. can be improved beyond measure with a basis in reality, a foundation of lighting, anatomy and reference upon which one can build a tower. In critiquing your work I mean no offence. I liked your optimism and amicable tone in previous posts, and want to see you succeed.

CRITIQUE AS YOU WOULD BE CRITIQUED
    http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59
    THE ABOVE LINK IS ALL YOU NEED

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=200044 <- Sketchbook - filled with unhappy things.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mordus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did up a crappy redline to point out the more glaringly obvious flaws. You got AIM/YIM/Trillian, kiddo? If you want, I could explain the intricacies of doodling tacticool.

Valor Troop Concept

Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Falchion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Falchion View Post
    Did up a crappy redline to point out the more glaringly obvious flaws. You got AIM/YIM/Trillian, kiddo? If you want, I could explain the intricacies of doodling tacticool.

Valor Troop Concept
    I don't have instant messager. But you can contact my email to give me tips,advice,etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I suggest you start posting your work in a sketchbook before posting in this forum simply because you're going to first need critiques on general drawing and art techniques more so than to focus on whether you are making quality concept art. I really suggest working with each element on it's own right now: illustrate nude bodies from life and sketch the fundamentals of anatomy over and over until you can easily identify proportional problems as well as awkward angles, etc. Also work a LOT with still lifes and fabrics because right now those elements are really hard to read. so just keep drawing the basics before moving on to more advanced ideas!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.