Art: X-MEN Designs, and Black Panthers Designs

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

X-MEN Designs, and Black Panthers Designs

Renditions of the X-Men by Ismail M Wamala

A little backstory behind them as well.

Henry McCoy Codename: Beast

From the streets of Yorkshire, UK, here comes Henry McCoy! Not one to conform to the standard etiquette expected of him, he chose a path contrary to his parents’ expectations.

Foregoing a career path of science and diplomacy, instead, he chose a path of wandering the globe doing his best to meet others like him. A wandering “Beast” some would call him

Fred J Dukes: Codename:BLOB
    His mutation kicked in at the most in appropriate time.
    One night he sat on the couch next to his girlfriend, reaching over to put his arm around her shoulder, he all of a sudden increased in size. His skin started to sag, boils exploded from his back. Suffice it to say, she ran, and he sat alone with a broken couch. Only him and his goldfish left in the room.

Magneto has use for Blob, because the fluid from his exploding boils is more corrosive than any known acid.

Elard Escobar Codename: CYCLOPS

A branch of the CIA (Covert OPs Team) found him huddled in a corner after bombing his town. The small team came with the intention to end their agreement with one of their local "assets" in Peru.

They found Elard, eyes bandaged, one of the operatives removed the bandages, and was launched 30 feet across the burning rubble of the town. Elard was then considered a strategic asset.

Upon discovering about the use of Mutants in low intensity conflicts, Professor X set out to liberate him from his captors.

Elard now works with Professor X making sure mutants are not manipulated into partaking in unjustified conflicts.

Emma Costa Silva: Codename: Emma
    Diamond hard skin activated at will. Initially there wasn't much shine to her mutation. Between the ages of 6- 12 she would practice Capoeira with the local students.

She entered tournaments , the better she got the more fights she’d win. Other people started to notice that she rarely had a scratch on her. When she turned 16 she started to notice her skin would sparkle like diamonds. She hid the fact by putting glitter dust on her self before a competition fight. She was aptly named “Diamond Star”

Diamond Star got the attention of local gangs looking to expand their operation, and one night the leader of a street gang, tested out her toughness.

He shot her, she got up, she kicked his ass. He sent the gang after her family, She took care of them. Yet the police had a different opinion of her actions. Professor X came to her aid, set a mental suggestion to make her disappear in their and her family’s minds. She’s the second recruited member of the X-men.

Bobby Drake: Codename: Iceman

Hailing from Oahu ( part of the Big Island known as Hawaii)

An avid surfer! Lover of the Ocean. His carefree attitude and love for life has yet to encounter the nefarious team ready to scoop him up and utilize him for their own needs. Professor X has yet to recruit Bobby. Magneto has his eyes on him as well as covert special ops operatives.

Jean Grey: Phoenix

Magneto got to her early. As the Phoenix started to rise in her, Magneto saw the opportunity to build the Brotherhood with Jean Grey as leader and recruiter.
    She still struggles with the Phoenix personality, and yet around Magneto she is able to contain and use it’s powers without being overwhelmed. As Jean Grey she is still unsure of her place in the scheme to reshape the world.

Master of Magnetism a.k.a. Erik Lehnsherr

A former colleague to Professor X. Their views on humanity and mutants is a wedge that separates them.

Magneto holds a deep secret about his origins and powers, only time will tell whether he reveals it to the rest of his Brotherhood and to the world at large.

In the end, he and Professor X may not be that different after all.

Professor X. That’s all he/she goes by and speaks very little. Most communication is telepathic images. Was he born? Was he created? No one knows.

They only know what he puts into their minds. A drum major to protect those who are unable to protect themselves from injustice and exploitation.

Rogue a.k.a. Momoko Yamada

“Fast and the Furious” anyone? A big fan of Drifting. A style of driving originating in Japan by Kunimitsu Takahashi in the 1970’s.

Momoko loves fast cars. One of few women Drift Racers on the street racing scene, she utilizes her powers to get out of particular jams with the local police in Tokyo, Osaka, Hokkaido.

Try to write her a ticket, put her in cuffs, skin to skin, no one stands a chance.

The thrill of the chase and the drift keeps her excited about life. It’s her way of coping with the inability to sustain long bouts of skin-to skin contact with others.

She’s on the radar of more than one agency. Magneto considers her a liability,
    he sees a reckless individual who does not utilize her power to the fullest extent.

Sabretooth

Enraged albino male! He was rejected from the Weapon X program trials due to scientists classifying him as a mutated mutant.

His albino nature had them suspect that he may not be able to stand up to the rigorous trials. Against their judgment he took it upon himself to try everything in the lab.

The result, he lost all his hair and gained a love for mayhem. (read that as going CRAZY) Magneto took note of a rampaging mutant and enlisted him in his cause. He utilizes Sabretooth as his one man wrecking crew, and sedates his rage with low pulses of a magnetic field.

STORM: Ororo
    Considered a goddess by some a and a menace by others. Ororo, is married to the King of Wakanda. T’Challa. She co-ordinates often times with Professor X and the X-Men whenever she is able to. Her royal title as Queen of Wakanda drives her to be an ambassador of goodwill for she is a symbol of hope, and power.

WOLVERINE

Adebayo Babasola: Codename: Wolverine / Weapon X

Known as the first surviving test subject of the Weapon X program.

Adamantium came to the attention of the Wepaon X program. They traveled to Nigeria. Under the impression that the people of a small village who had stored the precious metal had an idea of it’s use, they,Weapon X program co-rodniators started testing the local youth for any mutant attributes.

Many did not survive. Adebayo did. His healing factor kicked in upon the final stages of adamantium bone grafting, leaving large scars on his forearms. The pain is still there every time the claws come out. Yet, he vowed to seek justice for those who came to his small villa and used it’s local population as test subjects.

Another thread for these two later on

Black Panthers of Wakanda T’Challa and Shuri.

Alternate version for T’Challa

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by IsmailW; August 19th, 2010 at 02:10 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This does not look anything like the xmen...or is it just me.
    I do like the Black Panthers...

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tgfx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a re-invention of the X-Men, and I think it's kind of cool.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your panther work is WAY better than the x-men stuff, I like those. The x-men stuff seems a little rough around the edges anatomically. I love the idea though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wgrace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tgfx: A spin on the X-Men.

Dahami: Many thanks!

Wgrace: Thanks. Please elaborate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great designs man!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1n5ane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Ismail,

Nice designs. I like the Black Panther the most. Keep it up!! and thanks for sharing

13. The Following User Says Thank You to facosta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those are some cool (re)designs you got there. There are a couple of anatomical issues that jump out to me right away: the hands and heads of your characters, which are admittedly some of the toughest things to draw from memory. The hands are decent. Your best examples are of clenched fists. The fingers of your open hands are very sausage-like. The best (worst?) example of this is in your depiction of Storm. Her hands are open, fingers extending, but the fingers all seem very lumpy, and it appears that there is little structure for the skin to conform to. I think that the more complicated you try to make the hands, the more lost you might be when it comes to deciding how a hand should look.

Bringing us to the other issue with the heads. There is little variation between the structure of the skull among these characters. Cyclops, Emma, Jean, Iceman, and Rogue, all have the same robust cheek bones and the same square jaw line. I think you might be getting too caught up anatomical structure (this goes for your hands as well) and not focusing on developing a character. Blob, Wolverine, and Beast are more successful because you approached them in the opposite way, focusing on character.

I think you should sit down with an anatomy book, some issues of National Geographic, and maybe even a few different body building magazines and study. I wouldn't go with Bridgman right away for anatomy. A good one to start with is Human Anatomy for the Artist by Goldfinger or find a copy of Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist by Peck. Even if you are studying Bridgman its a good idea to have one of these (or something similar) on hand as a reference. Bridgman can be a bit much if you're just starting out.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Overtow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In5Ane: Thanks!

Facosta: Hey Fernando! Thanks for commenting!

Overtow: Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with the crits so I won't jump in to that.

I really like the Black Panther suits, especially your alternate one. Looks like there is some 'Predator' in them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting style. I like your characters very much. Maybe just some anatomy dispropotions seems me to be over there - for example Cyclop's legs seems me too long...

http://www.human-anatomy-for-artist.com/?ref=c03

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Liquidspider: Thanks for commenting. When are you going to update your sketchbook?

Lobster007: thanks for the link. Though I prefer this link more. -------> http://www.classicbodybuilders.com/

Members who have read this thread: 2