Art: Logo for coffee Shop

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Logo for coffee Shop

let me know what you think. the logo was meant to resemble a traffic sign. logo done in AI.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Art Its All About The Art"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My 2 cents': The neon and bold lines are eye-catching, but the text keeps niggling at me. I feel I want it to simply be straight up and down, instead of it leaning in towards the mountain. I don't know, but I think it's because the bottom of the mountain is flat, and so I want the text to continue the trend. I think if you did then the name would be as striking as the logo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey well first i think this logo its very agressive because it has to many spikes and the color isnt really helping, going to coffe shop its supposed to be a quiet, fun or relaxing time but your logo instead of leting people know that it comes as a shock it brings a sense of warning (because it is a warning sign) i think you should think about whats the purpose of a coffe shop?, why people go there? does this logo really works for your coffe shop? and based on that you'll get an idea of colors and form, i hope i could help!

Draw until your fingers bleed!
    Arepa's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    easy fix, take the hard edges on the coffee cup and make them rounded and the text is kind of painful. Reason for the skewing? Try one with it straight across the bottom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First I want to say thanks all for the input! The coffee shop is a drive thru. so hence the idea of the road sign. in-out get your coffee and doughnuts in a hurry.
    sorry I should have stated that in the beginning. the text would look better plain .
    post the new one soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hrm, ever tried combining the mountain and the smoke?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would chose a different color scheme. Do some research on colors and their meaning. You would want some earthy colors. Like said above, colors are not inviting. I would discard the black color as well and go for the darker version of whichever light color you choose. Play again with that idea. I also second vote for the text to stand straight. Take that artistic coffee design and change around the thickness of the lines. This will make it more eye please and look more like you took your time designing and making it look interesting instead of looking like anyone can do a shape of coffee cup.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with what others have said: the pointy edges make the logo seem dangerous and unfriendly, and the because the yellow is traffic sign colored, it comes off as warning people away from the business in question.

Try experimenting with negative space; see if there's some way to suggest both mountain and coffee cup in the same shape.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the calligraphy forming the mug looks generic. Sort of like something you'd see at a gas station or hospital coffee station.

the type says B slasher movie more than hot caffeinated drink.

I like the mountain.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 682 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, as was stated, color not appealing. Analyze the color scheme of starbucks and figure why they choose that color scheme. It may help you out greatly.

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also agree with what everyone is saying. The colors are not the correct choice for a coffee shop, or any consumable for that matter. Think of colors that you would want to eat.

Also, if you're changing the color you are losing your road sign concept. I would probably go back to the drawing board and think of who this coffee shop is, not just what they do. Yes it's called mountain coffee and you have combined a mountain with a coffee cup. Not to be insulting, but this is what everyone would think of. That is good because you are correctly communicating mountain and coffee, however this is what they do, not who they are.

Also with the execution of the coffee cup, always think in terms of shape not line when doing logo design.(this isn't always the case, but you have to learn when to break this rule.) It will help the shape read correctly from far away.

One more tip, always start with words. Think of the feelings you want to communicate with the logo. A coffee shop is warm, inviting, relaxing, casual. Then figure out how to represent those things visually. This is what separates designers from people that just make things look pretty.

Hope this helps.

-Gavin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

logo dead in water

Thank you all for the great feedback. unfortunately the customer I was creating this for will not be opening. Anyway I'm happy I'm not putting my name on this one. I'm not fond of customers telling you exactly what they want! That is one of the reasons I posted it here, to get some Ideas and how to do it different. Since Everything I suggested was like talking into a brick wall!
    I will be posting some of my finished logo work soon. thank you all!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good one, perfect logo but need to something change in colours
    choose lovely theme

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To me, it's looks okay though the font and typography is a bit too plain and uninteresting. Choose something bold and rounded. Edit the typeface so that it looks creative.

I wanna be better at digital arts each day... if possible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    think the font used is'nt corporate and appealing .Also the colour scheam is not good.

Members who have read this thread: 1