Teen Challenge 99 :: The Magician - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teen Challenge 99 :: The Magician

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Frickin hot pieces from everyone this round. i'll comment properly on each one of em when we get to the voting. So I've been very busy with preparing my new room for the big move out in a week to uni. Today i had some time again so i put in a few hours. Still needs loads of work but at least I finally established where i wanna head after a change of light source just recently so mind the slopyness and the crap face. I'll fix all that tommorrow so for now bare with me with this fugly wip. Night dudes.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jordyskateboardy; August 22nd, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool topic.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more time?...hmm...maybe, maybe...
    ugh, started college yesterday an i already have to write more than a page for one class...ugh. i'l see what i can do on the weekend.
    as for now, some crits!

icophant: ok a few things: try to establish the light source better on his robe. right now its mostly one value. also, his head looks a little small. so you dont have to redraw it, if youre using photoshop you can use the lasso tool to select it, copy it on a new layer, then get the marquee tool (M) and select the new layer, then right click (or alt-click, whatever), then hit free transform and you can scale it (hold shift for same proportions). aaaand i think it could use a crop when your done to take off the right section and just a tad off the right.

jordyskateboardy: nice idea, just check his neck, its skewed off to his right. also, bring back the glow from his staff just a notch. you have it so almost 2 feet away its almost pure white. that and your outline light (or whatever you call it) is really thick.

benjie: i like your final, i just feel it could use some rimlight (THATS what its called, jordy) behind the guy. also, all his limbs seem a little short, especially his legs. great entry!

piemonster: wow...thats awesome. anatomy looks good cept for her boobies. i know we all love cleavage , but you have hers almost up to her collar bone. i also think you could push your values more, especially in her glowy-magic hands. then clean up your edges a bit (make some softer and some harder) to make things you want to stand out more. especially on your sword handles and the guy's armor. metal has really sudden highlights because theyre so reflective. hope that helps how old are you btw, 18?

vertical: your composition looks pretty cramped and right now it looks like hes looking at the dragon's instead of its face. i dont know if that was your intention, i was just pointing that out. also, if those are mountains in the background, then you'll need to raise the horizon line a bit...unless theyre fighting on a cliff, in which case its fine, youll just have to show that.. other than that, just clean up your edges and finish it

hunchback: wtf? i see no vaginas in that last one! haha anyway, wow thats a lot of work; lots of different stuff. i think i like the hippie one the best...minus the top hat/bunny thing. maybe some less cliche magic? any plans to finish that? its got really nice lighting, just push your changes in value to define the forms more and it would look great.

xinranliu: i think your values, color, and anatomy (ref on his right hand?) are really good, your edges just need cleaning up. the chalk-brushed fire's not really workin for me. define his face more and maybe lighten up some highlights on it as well and i think youd be set.

sarynroth: nice concept...hmm not much to crit on it yet. id like to see his right arm be more visible. and maybe lose the white background. good stuff!

sorry if these are a little on the harsh si-WHAT AM I SAYING!!??? last teen standing is next week!!!(maybe) this is a really good round though...like REALLY good. keep it up dudes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crit lancer! I doubt I'll be finishing it though. There's just not enough time, and I didn't really give it any thought before painting so I got bored of it..but now I know what it will to make a super awesome picture for TC100!

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lancer thanks for the crit I don't think I'll be able to finish as I am having to sort out sooo much stuff for uni. That being said I should be able to do TC 100 as I should have everything sorted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.