Thanks

L5 - Hard Science Fiction Miniseries

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that my studio is putting together the pilot episode for a hard science fiction miniseries, to be distributed online. Please take a look at our kickstarter page:

And if you believe in our project, drop a donation! What is L5?

L5 is a hard science fiction dramatic miniseries for online distribution. The series follows the events surrounding the homecoming of a crew of astronauts returning from the first manned exploration of Alpha Proxima. They return far off schedule to find vast, seemingly abandoned orbiting colonies in high Earth orbit. They dock with a colony, dubbed “L5” for its location in the LaGrangian point system, and begin exploring its expansive 30 km length, finding it filled with dead, airless cities and the remnants of human civilization. Following in the traditions of great legendary hard science fiction, their exploration of this relic of their own civilization will take them on a trans-humanistic and spiritual sojourn.
    Post here and I'll respond to any questions you have about the series (provided they aren't spoilers ).

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Producing your hard SF series for the Internet makes a lot of sense to me. If you tried to produce it for TV you (1) probably won't find a network that'll be interested and (2) even if you did, they'd probably force you to dumb it down so much that there will hardly be any science in the science fiction series.

Thanks
    Interesting....Sounds like something Arther C. Clark and Larry Niven would have come up with.

Thanks
    Very cool premise, with some definite shades of Clarke's "Rendezvous With Rama", but with nifty references to Gerard K O'Neill's "High Frontier" project.

The success of the "Battlestar Galactica" reboot showed there's an interest in hard SF (except for their FTL drives, the show was very accurate, scientifically speaking), so I wouldn't rule out the cable networks entirely...
    On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time.
    - George Orwell

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    - Richard Dawkins