Art: Mortadelo y Filemon - Hardcore
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Mortadelo y Filemon - Hardcore

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Mortadelo y Filemon - Hardcore

I realize that I'm waaay below the usual standards in this subforum, but kind of like the piece, so here goes nothing:

These characters are based on a Spanish comic called Mortadelo y Filemon (Mort & Phil or Clever & Smart in other countries), which is kind of like Looney Tunes spliced with some very light satire. The strip is mostly composed of comic violence and sight gags (and not really worth your time if you're over 13 ).

My dark'n'gritty makeover is not at all intended to be dead serious - everyone who knows the original will recognize that I'm being very tongue-in-cheek.

The image is clickable - if you like, you can inspect the characters more closely and see them compared to their original comic style - I guarantee it'll be quite the departure - and read some lines about what I thought when doing them.

If this is not fir for this subforum, please move as desired.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Xitu; August 16th, 2010 at 07:22 AM.
    My ConceptArt sketchbook.

My sketch blog, where I post drawings and talk about them, sometimes interesting.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it's a very decent image, I don't see why you think it's below the forums standards? I like the soft desaturated colors in combination with the red details, it seems to work well. I also like the rest of the style and the characters are pretty strong too.

It's nice!

Blog - Portfolio - My last game: Fairytale Fights

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zerial For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, i don't think you are below any standards. Those are solid characters, the anatomy works fine I'd say, the rest is a question of personal taste. If I would have to crit something I'd say, that you should try a different coloring of the old guys beard. The texture doesn't really work for me, because I don't like it if you see the photoshop brush too much. That doesn't mean I don't like it if you see brushstrokes, but I like it when it looks natural. I hope you understand what I mean, it's just my personal taste anyway, so don't care too much about it. The rest of it is great, I'd like to see some more!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GunTrouver For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.