Thanks

If you dont draw but look for sketches somewhere else, how do you find them ?

Well i am kinda in a trouble now, cause i never really draw on my PC i allways chose linearts,sketches from deviantart and till now i have allways found what i wanted, i have 100ts of lineart of anime on my HDD but i am lazy to color anime, the problem is that i dont know what to search, i sometimes just search for" Movie Sketch " on DA and just browse it and with luck i find something i will color , but now i cant find shit.,

So i need to ask how do you find sketch material.

And btw sorry if this is in the wrong section.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Coloring line art may be fun but you'll never get good with coloring unless you study drawing as well.
    Assuming you are coloring as a hobby and looking for ready made line art then you can either google up some images (I just tried "coloring sheets") or you could team up with a partner that will do the lines for you to color (I think that's what they do on most comic books these days...).

I've seen many such collaborations on DA and you may as well post a "looking for line artist for collaboration" topic with examples of you work on the Art Topic here in CA.

In any case, make sure you get the artist's permission to color his work and always give him credit when publishing the work.

good luck

Thanks
    Yes i know that, well i have learned a lot about studies by just coloring stuff, like i said i dont know what i am looking for, thats why i cant find something to paint, if i knew i would find it in 5 min xD .and dont wory about the permission, i allways name them in my DA image info ,

Also i tried your "coloring sheets" method and all stuff is cartoon- ish

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Just draw things on paper and scan them in if you don't like drawing on your pc.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,700 Times in 4,610 Posts
    There was a thread full of line drawings for people to practice on but I can't remember where it is.

Thanks
    One can open any image in an image editor like Gimp, and then do a "find edges." This turns the picture into a line drawing that you can colour; something like this:

If you dont draw but look for sketches somewhere else, how do you find them ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    Just draw things on paper and scan them in if you don't like drawing on your pc.

yea i kinda start drawing on a paper but nothing serious, only on notebooks with lines of A5 format so it would be really small,

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    There was a thread full of line drawings for people to practice on but I can't remember where it is.
    damn , well it should be in the sticky section right ?

Quote Originally Posted by brianvds View Post
    One can open any image in an image editor like Gimp, and then do a "find edges." This turns the picture into a line drawing that you can colour; something like this:
    hahha yes i know, its called Lineart and i do that for finding edges of Manga chapters , but like i said i dont know what to look for cause i am losing my motivation.

Thanks
    I'd love to see some of your work... can you post some or give us a link so we can check it out?
    And do be sure to check out my sketchbook if you have time!
    ketchook
    LinkedIn

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti Ball View Post
    I'd love to see some of your work... can you post some or give us a link so we can check it out?
    hahah easy done xD , but i only recently started paintings style, before that i used anime style

http://diablo123456.deviantart.com/