"Day Of Vengeance" microbudget short film needs 70's style poster,font,wallpaper art
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: "Day Of Vengeance" microbudget short film needs 70's style poster,font,wallpaper art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation "Day Of Vengeance" microbudget short film needs 70's style poster,font,wallpaper art

Thank you for interest. We are in post production of our microbudget short film "Day Of Vengeance" (DOV).

Warning: DOV is a controversial film about racism and revenge. It's an action drama loaded with white supremacists, shady lawyers, tons of offensive language.... and a bible-thumping vigilante welding a shotgun

To be different from other short films, we made DOV similar to old-style TV cliffhangers, in 4-10 minute episodes. We think the subject matter and style make our short unique.

We plan on having an aggressive film festival run... and then "go viral" releasing DOV via social media. (YouTube, Facebook, etc.). The goal is to find investors for our NEXT project... a feature film.

We want hire and build a relationship with a talented artist. As cash-strapped filmmakers, we know we can't pay some of you what you are worth. It's our hope that the person who come aboard digs the film and see it's/our potential.

THE BASICS

Deadline: 10/1/2010
    Max price: $500 USD

5 items
    1- Official Movie Poster
    3- Wallpaper Art (1920x1200) (also used in T-shirts, promotional pieces)
    1- Logo/Title Font (to be incorporated all artwork & animated in the titles of the film)

Style: 70's
    Output format: digital copies & originals via mail
    Copyright: Work-for-hire = full transfer (with permission for portfolio)

NOTE: We have ideas for our artwork (parameters), but our style is to allow the artist the freedom to create.

Payment: 1/2 on approved sketches, 1/2 on delivery of final materials.

THE DETAILS

Here is a draft of Episode 1.
    http://dayofvengeance.com/withmusic/EP1Revised.mov

This is a WORK IN PROGRESS (color correction, audio mixing, additional music, etc.... yet to be done), but this should give you a jist of the project.

Your Logo/Title Font will replace all the title cards in the film.

One of our ideas for the Official Movie Poster

Title says "Let There Be Redemption in Blood..."

In this movie poster, we see the gunman from behind. Gunman is wearing black boots, brown pants. We don't see his identity. We see from just the waist down. He holds a smoking gun or shotgun.

Through his legs, we see a victim (male or female), pleading for his or her life. This person can be bloodied (shot) or not. Victim is wearing business attire, like a lawyer. There could be other victims shown.

This scene is taking place in a hallway of a lawyer's office.

My name is Derek. I can be contacted at lasvegasvideoproducer [at] gmail [dot] com. I will also check the PM here.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Additional Information... per request

Thank you all who have responded thus far. The talent field here is very deep and we're extremely honored if you are considering our project.

I'm adding additional information, per request... that I feel will benefit all by posting publicly.

OUR DECISION
    We will continue to take applicants until Aug. 17... and select the "winner" on Aug. 19. (most likely via email). I live in Las Vegas, so it could arrive late. Check your emails.

IDEAS FOR WALLPAPER ART

IDEA #1- Emmett Forrest

Title says "Let There Be Redemption in Blood..."

We see an illustration of the main villain of the movie: Emmett Forrest. Face does not have to be same angle. He could be frontal or profile... or partial face... we leave it up to you.

We aren't sure of the expression of Emmett. But we want to show a creepy "confidence" , "boldness". Think Micheal Douglas from Wall Street or Al Pacino from Devil Advocate. This man has a presence.

The focus of the image are swastikas in the pupils of Emmett Forrest's eyes.

I'm not opposed to other imagery present if it seems too basic (or too Avatar DVD cover... which I DO NOT want to emulate).

NOTE: Another idea for the Emmett Forrest image could be a variation of the "Two Flag Hate Speech" scene (Episode 1)... whatever we think has more IMPACT. I want people to HAVE to see this movie, when I hand out a flyer with this image!

IDEA #2 & 3

On the last 2, we decided NOT to pigeonhole ourselves with our own ideas. I believe part of the fun in a project like this, is the discovery of NEW ideas. You guys have so much creativity, I would be foolish to stifle it, put it in a box.

So basically... we want our artist to watch the episodes and come up the final two concepts (...which we'll approve of, of course).

One will be wallpaper/apparel/promo art... the other will be have an even more significant role... Cover Art for our DVD release.

CREDIT
    We have no problem crediting your work/linking your site:

1- In our film
    2- On our updated website
    3- On Facebook, YouTube, or any social media DOV joins

No biggie... We're glad to help. Make a video of you creating the assets and we'll edit it and add it to the DVD/website.

Hope this info helps...

Derek

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.