screen res
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: screen res

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

screen res

hello,

What screen res would be best to use for your computer screen setup?

I ask this because im working on a character lineup which begins to look very different when switching between resolutions. I cant decide on whether i should transform a stretched character back to skinny in 1280x1024 or stretch an extremely skinny character in 1280x960. Is there a pretty universal res?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You should always try to work in a resolution that gives no distortion. If a circle isn't a circle then don't use that resolution.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For best results you should use the default highest resolution of your screen. If it says 1280x1024 on your screen box or manual, or whatever, then this is the resolution that the manufacturer intended for that model unless you have problems with your eyes and need different resolution. Using the default resolution means that the picture will look the same on 100 different screens if they too are using their default resolution.

And the thing that happens with your image is kinda misleading, the image doesn't change, no matter at what resolution of the screen you save it, it will look all the same on my screen. Your character will remain skinny, even if you see it as extremely skinny, because you don't change the properties of the picture itself, but those of the screen.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.