Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation Gnomon DVDS FRAUD!

I recieved 2 emails from 2 different email accounts with this message... one email was deleted@itgalaxy.org ...I deleted the other email.

His instant messenger is MSN deleted@hotmail.com

Please someone..Find them and and EXPLODE their computer with many Viruses!

.................................................. ................................
    i have all the Gnomon DVDS and DVDS converted in to CDS as well..
    and real cheep price ..
    you can find all the list at our site [url]http://www.josh dont post this crap url for people to steal from gnomonurl]
    go to the tranigs section then u will find many morethings as
    well : ).
    if u want to chat with me talk to me at msn my addrres is

lame@hotmail.com "

thanks!
    .................................................. ................................

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

Thanks
    dang i just bought all of them. good deal!!! a real cheep price man. awesome!! can't wait to see these suckers. thanks!!

just kidding calm down....
    this was posted at cgtalk.com not to long ago. gnomon is well aware of this creep.

Thanks
    old news ... gnomon got already informed about it ... some guy at cgtalk got the same message about 2 weeks ago

Thanks
    just got the carlos huante dvds.

the guy is amazing, but the dvds aren't great.... the ryan church ones were a bit more informative.
    www.robertomarchesi.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

Thanks
    good.

Thanks
    That site also tried to seel off ripped 3dsmax and other high price programs....

really how stupid can people be trying to sell pirated software over the internet ?

Thanks
    sorry guys ...!
    but the thing is i already buy most of my gnomon colection from .. they r great guys i know they r not orignal but i have got the vis in DVDS same as orignal .. lot cheeper for me ... learnt alot

----edit by jason manley: if you post the link to these dvds for others to use I will ban your account. gnomon is supporting conceptart.org in the future and these dvd's are a HUGE bargain already at their current price. I can get more information from them than eighty thousand at most art schools.

i take personal offense to those stealing from the artists like this who are sharing their work.

j

Thanks
    Well, if you aren't lying then I give you a secret high five, but then again it does hurt the actual company, so thats bad. Low five (punch to the crotch).

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    I would destroy him for being an illiterate twat before he even got talking about his pirated goods.

Never trust anyone who tries to sell you something when they substitute u for you, whilst typing!!

Thanks
    People wouldn't rip them so much if they weren't so over priced. Their made for the aspiring artist who isn't quite a profession yet but would like to be. Which means they have little or no money. Its like 1,000 bucks for a package of DVDs. Hell, I could learn more by buying 1,000 bucks worth of pencils, erasers and paper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify these people's actions, but you have to admit they are price-y, especially for the people their trying to sell too.

Thanks
    Some people aren't from the US and don't have allot of money (not that everybody in the us has a lot of money) And the shipping costs are quite high outside the US. So I can understand if people who can't afford them get them illegaly. Cos if they couldn't afford them they wouldn't buy them anyway.
    Life is study

Thanks
    Originally posted by AnarchyAo2
    People wouldn't rip them so much if they weren't so over priced. Their made for the aspiring artist who isn't quite a profession yet but would like to be. Which means they have little or no money. Its like 1,000 bucks for a package of DVDs. Hell, I could learn more by buying 1,000 bucks worth of pencils, erasers and paper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify these people's actions, but you have to admit they are price-y, especially for the people their trying to sell too.

I agree... They keep pushing out a ton of videos (this isn't a bad thing) but you could spend thouasands of dollars on videos alone.. They should price them a little bit cheaper, and I would bet they might make even more money from them.

Thanks
    i would rather steal from the artists i respect than be respectful.

...sorry...i had to reword it to what you actually meant.

wake up.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    80 dollars isnt very much money looking at the dvds in terms of how much it would cost to attend a workshop(the ca.org european workshop) or to attend just one session of scott or feng's classes at art center is $200. No one ever said getting into art would be cheap or free, plus being able to see how some professionals work is priceless. then again, i'm sure you folks wouldnt think about taking a five finger discount at the book store or art store, right? just a thought.

Thanks

Exclamation

Can we please keep this site as "Professional" as possible and not dishonor this place by discussing piracy. Especially when it effects our peers.

-Joshua

Thanks
    1000 bucks expensive?????

Ever tried one of those corporate workshops where you pay 1500 bucks for a few days of crappy painter instruction?

Ever thought about how much you pay for Art School? See what you pay per year, and then see how many courses you have that year... damn...

1000 bucks for those dvd's may be expensive if you've never paid for anything in your life, but if you know the price of things, that's actually pretty cheap..
    3 - 1 - 2 - 1

Thanks
    bla
    Last edited by sic8sic; April 15th, 2004 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    Some of us have rent/car payments, other obligations and other hobbies. I can't ddedicated every penny I make to buying art instruction videos..

Thanks
    If Gnomon are getting slated for the asking price of their DVD's, maybe they should break the categories down even further? For each artist, separate the amount of info they put on one DVD; sell each categorey on it's own? It may reduce the price, and be more affordable to those who can't dish that sort of money out. I'm just trying to be positive here, because I have considered buying a DVD...

Mollyx

Thanks
    i m agree with you sic8sic

Thanks
    bla

Thanks
    The DVD's are made by some of the coolest artists out there. I've never viewed a gnomon video, but generally any video that teachers you something should be priced according to the content. They should drop them down by 20 bucks, and I think they would find better business, but at the same time you can't complain about the price just because you have other money obligations. Do you whine that a Mercedes is more expensive then your Ford taurus? Anyway, art isn't a cheap field to be in, in the first place.

Thanks
    bla

Thanks
    my opinion is, lessons like gnomon vids are not ment to be available for all of you kids, who think art is cool. if you cant afford it, there are other ways to learn, and you will find these ways if you are interessted. I also dont have enough money, but i accept it so calm down
    i mean guys like you arent really raising the quality of this forum ...
    Last edited by Miau; April 14th, 2004 at 06:10 PM.
    - Miau

<<<sketchbook >>>
    <<<gallery >>>>>>

Thanks
    Originally posted by sic8sic
    first of all no one here fucking whined....and dude if you go to buy a car...you dont just go to the first place you see and point at the car that you want without even asking for the price, do you?...all im saying is if you get a chance to afford something you couldnt before, wouldnt you get it? for 20 bucks yes i WOULD buy it but its not....its about 60 per dvd, and you need more then 1 to learn something...so there you go...

not you are right the art field isnt at all cheap, but school and dvds are different things to me, and sometimes i just have to pass on a certain thing to get another, i dont think alot of people here a rich or have rich parents, im sure you would say that if your mommy or daddy didnt take care of you, and you lived in the REAL WORLD all on your own...so please think before you try to talk down to others....
    I think you need to chill out. Crying is not going to get you anywhere Don't have the money? Don't buy it. Simple as that, Jack.

Thanks
    bla

Last edited by sic8sic; April 15th, 2004 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks
    hehe. you know what, at the thought of this kid sic8sic, I think they should raise them to 80-100. that'll mean it'll be less likely for some child to get his hands on and pirate. Feel free to continue :ranting: - until next time, eThug :cyberguy: ! :bootyshak

Thanks
    people are free to charge whatever they want for their products.. if it's cheap for one, and too expensive for the other.. well that's tough luck, but that's how the world works.. if it would cost half as much as now, there would still be people saying it's too expensive.
    This is a pretty pointless discussion, I say, 'where is the love?'

Group hug people? :cool:
    3 - 1 - 2 - 1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast