Thanks

Lightbulb My "Inquisition"

Hi there! One year ago I started my new painting “Inquisition”. Now I have finished this artwork and want to show the result to you. I hate violence. Violence is main theme of this painting. Why we had tortures at all of the times? Both in the medieval times and in our time. This painting is my way to express my pain, what I feel when I see the violence. You see the tortures of the people by inquisitors.

Inquisition. The Dogs of God. Oil on canvas, 3,65m x 2,4m (146 x 96 in.). 2010

My "Inquisition"

My "Inquisition"

My "Inquisition"

My "Inquisition"

My "Inquisition"

My "Inquisition"

My "Inquisition"

My "Inquisition"

This painting has a lot of symbols and may some details that hard to understanding. As example the chain in the arm of Pope. I included that because inquisition was initiated by Church priesthood . Ask me please about such symbols.

At my previous thread you can see this work in progress http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578835

So I am very waiting for your replies and also hope you will have a nice trip into my art web gallery http://www.painterilya.com/indexE.htm

And the last one. At this time my Jubilee Exposition (to 60 Years old) is going in Kazan city, Russia. If you are able to visit this exposition I will be happy to meet you. Ask me if you have any question about this expo. You can write directly into contact@painterilya.com
    Last edited by PainterIlya; August 11th, 2010 at 06:26 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Very strong piece with lots of details!!

How did you get that out of your appartment? On Wetcanvas I see that you don´t have a studio.

Now I will take a look at your website..........
    www.ClassicalAtelier@HOME.com
    My website for learning traditional fine art on your own! --- Derived from THIS thread at CA.org
    ------------ ♦ ♦ ♦ ------------
    www.cast-drawing.com
    drawing casts (geometric shapes, anatomical casts, skull), tutorials on Bargue drawing and cast drawing, Willow Charcoal, free drawing exercises

Thanks
    Awesome! and the size of this thing is huge.
    Would love to see it in person, much respect.

Thanks
    I have a book called Russian Fairy Tales, while socially out of context for me (born/raised in US) there is are heavy warnings about clergy. I think the work done is great, it reminds me of the large scale scenes old masters would do when dealing with huge concepts.
    I will now of course have to visit your site!

Thanks
    badass. Great stuff. =)

Thanks
    Amazing effort. Beautiful painting, all in all. It is more than clear that you have a thorough knowledge of anatomy, as well as an excellent sense of form and how volumes sit in space. And yet, I can't help but notice the right arm on the bending figure on the lower left: how the extensors are attached, not to the radius (as they are in the left arm, and in all other figures) but to the ulna, instead. Given your evident knowledge of anatomy, I assume it was deliberate. It caught my attention right away, becoming, as it were, a focal point in itself. Done with such a convincing sense of form and volume in space, however, rather than looking like simply a "mistake", it somehow adds to the inhuman, yet all too human, violence that is portrayed.
    Last edited by bkkm; August 11th, 2010 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoern3000 View Post
    Very strong piece with lots of details!!

How did you get that out of your appartment? On Wetcanvas I see that you don´t have a studio.
    You Are right. I haven`t my own studio so I am working on my small flat. So the size of "Inquisition" is equal to the size of the wall:-) Also the lighting is big problem.

To get out this painting from my appartment I take of the canvas from stretcher and roll up it.