Thanks

Thumbs up Steel Battalion....

I recently picked up Steel Battalion (which was a gift from my g/f)...and i think it's fuckin great...

At a steep 200$, the games comes with a 40-button controller and pedals...as well as a VT Operation Manual, and 2 months of Live service(used for Steel Battalion:Line of Contact. sold seperately.)

It totally redefines the Mech combat genre by putting you in the cockpit...controlliny every aspect of piloting...from the start up sequence, to comabt...

The movement and sounds are so very authentic, the machines are clunky, and with bending joints, you can hear the pressure of the shocks releasing and compressing...the mechs also tilt and fall over if you are running at 100mph and trying to turn...the weapons sound fantastic as well....

Having to go through the start up sequence every time you complete, or fail a mission may become tedious to some, the novelty of it all still makes me giddy...
    Another downside to the game is a very steep learning curve of the game...you must learn to use every single lil button on the massive control...needless to say you can not play this game without, and it's only available with the original game( Linne of Contact does not come with a controller).

All in all i give this game an 8 out of 10, and when it's starts losing it's luster yu can always sell it on ebay for this game is rare and very limited...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I've had the game for about a year now, and I just put my order in for Line of Contact

The game is the quentesintial nerd-boner, nothing beats starting your mech up everytime a mission starts... and also the fact that your game is erased if you don't eject.
    I've only ever gotten to stage 12... may dad would alway walk in the room when I was playing.. I'd turn my head for a second.. the screen would be just a huge confligration.. and that was that.

I'm lookin' forward to Line of Contact, so I can get all charactery online with peeps, I need to go buy a helmet.

I would say that the $200 wasn't worth it.. but if you're a true fuckin' collector nerd guy (like I) it works out ... not only considering how rare it will be, but now (hopefully) with Line of Contact out how much replay is.

Parties are great with it... people just get intoxicated and blow themselves up :p

I was very pleased with the designwork, the mechs look like the military actually manufactured them.. ohh and that 3rd mission where you're unloaded with like 10 other mechs onto like a normandy scene.. .woo fuckin' awesome.

LOL, and the first mission with a bridge, and you discover what happens when you try to get a 60 ton mech across it!!

Thanks
    Sammy if there was anyone on these here masseage boards that would have this game it would be you....

I didn't know your game get erase if you are not quick enough to eject...needless to say, didn't eject quick enough and lost my data(luckily i was aonly on Stage 3...)

When i re-did the Stage, i lost most of my team in combat...i ended gaining amost nothig from the mission...

i'm starting to get the handle on mech piloting but haven't been playing much still working on some drawings...an excllent game let loose some steam...nothing like watching mass destruction..and mechs exploding...

Thanks
    this game sounds fun...

as a mechwarrior addict i must try this game out...
    -------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    I just got Line Of Contact! OH MY GOD ... I had to wash my pants tonight.

I had to play it at my buddies house since my Live account is down.
    It's great, you can let the speakers handle the chatting, so it's even more mech official.

But there's nothin' like playing this game with others who've shelled out so much for a game, they're all crazy seriouse about it, I expect some really tallented Leagues in a couple months.

Nothin' like moving in with some teamates on the offense to pillage a city and conquere some ground.
    Last edited by Sammy; March 3rd, 2004 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks
    Dude, when i get a Live account...

I'll join the clan...i need to get me more mechs so i could practice with them all...

Thanks
    if you order the game it comes with a free 2 months, just plug in the #'s ... altho.. I donno if it come with the software...

it gets intense online, luckily there's a 'Live Cam' on the submonitor where you can view what your buddies are up to. But when the shit hits the fan it's button clicking a-go-go.

in the map monitor there's now a map that reads out the whole level like A,B,C,D to 1,2,3,4 ... so it's easy to call orders out and expect peeps to understand what you're talking about.

I need to rehash what all the weapons did, there's lots of close combat online so it would be helpfull to get me one of those laser-batton-wack'm things in the first game.

Have you gotten to the mission where you have to destroy the battleship? That was one of my favs, but you have to make sure you call a supply hellicopter in before you get to it... but it's great sinking a huge battleship with those crazy effects and filters they have in the game, looks like you're right up next to it.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thank you much dude...nice...