Thanks

www.photographymob.org

I had alot of hopes for this place, it is still a nice place to come to from time to time. But now its really hurting. Im sure that everyone who has any interest in it is aware of it but it needs help.

i know there is a new version coming for the Ca board. And i hope the photographymob is getting the same treatment.

The Photomob isnt as swamped with spam as it used to be, but it is still pritty bad. And the star rating system has gone haywire.

Im just wondering, is anything happening? what will happen? and if anything, when?

Im sure alot of people are going to scratch their heads at this thread but i still see the photomob as a sister to ca.org. And if i would write this in the photomob forum im afraid the thread would just get lost and unread.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crash For This Useful Post:

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Long term, I think a lot of the current problems will be solved. Short term, I'll help by posting (and would like to see the rest of the lurkers here do the same), since I can't paint temporarily, but I can use a camera. That way, you'll at least have somebody new to laugh at. I'll also see what I can do about the spamming shit--don't know if my super powers extend that far...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    Long term, I think a lot of the current problems will be solved. Short term, I'll help by posting (and would like to see the rest of the lurkers here do the same), since I can't paint temporarily, but I can use a camera. That way, you'll at least have somebody new to laugh at. I'll also see what I can do about the spamming shit--don't know if my super powers extend that far...
    I love you.

Thanks
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=193867
    Another person is concerned as well.

We need a group of people who are interested and committed to bringing life to that forum. Gather a small group of you and we can put you in as mods/admin.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    I'm usually on the internet at work so can offer my services as a Mod or Admin...erm, just not too sure what that entails, if someone is willing to guide me through the process I'll give it a bash!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    I've been trying to keep current with it recently. It does skip my mind sometimes, as the lack of traffic doesnt always warrant posting

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    I'm happy to do scut work...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    I'll pitch in to help too. It's a nice place that could be great. If we could maintain a decent population we could do some fun stuff with it. I certainly get better critiques here than flickr

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hookswords For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i'd love to see this take off, but there are too many sections. what if you have a whole series of about 100 photos that involve multiple sections? human figures, landscapes, macro shots, black & white AND color.... how would i post this? also, its a HUGE pain in the ass to upload that many photos... one... at.... a .......time.... ugh.
    fuck it. its easier to upload them to flickr all at once, add tags and comments and be done with it, then MAYBE come to the photo mob and post a LINK.
    i dunno... there would have to be a lot of changes for me to participate regularly like i want to.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,434 Times in 2,935 Posts
    that is all being updated. CA 4.0 aka the art mobs is just about done. We added some more features thus the delays but it is coming along great and once that goes live it will be solved...including the batch uploading and a lot of new goodies. Thanks for all the help. That's great and really inspiring to see.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    that is all being updated. CA 4.0 aka the art mobs is just about done. We added some more features thus the delays but it is coming along great and once that goes live it will be solved...including the batch uploading and a lot of new goodies. Thanks for all the help. That's great and really inspiring to see.
    Yay. I love that place and don't want to see it die.