Thread: Vetran artists?

Thanks

Vetran artists?

I have been on this board for a little while, starting to feel like the minority here. Are ther ANY freelancers here who AREN'T in college & over 32?
    Whom have familys and make a living at what they're doing? at least part time?

Every post I click on, someone is talking about classes and what they plan on doing, I am hoping to hear from those that are DOING and realised or at least mid-way through they're career.

Just curious I guess.

WK
    39 freelance concept and RPG SF/F illustrator since 1992.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

hey

Off topic, I was curious how you got started making a living at freelancing? I'm 21 and just out of school...hehe.

Thanks
    35 yrs old married with 10 and 12 yr old kids. Just became a professional artist, started the journey back in Dec 2000. It feels great to sacrifice everything you thought your life consisted of and start over, with your family backing you 110%. Does that make me a veteran? hmm.

Mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    that sounds exhilerating mcotie... sounds like you're a very lucky guy.

I am a 35 yr old mom of three. I quit art to be a programmer. I quit programming to be a mom. Now I am trying to find my way back to art... hoping to making it my er... late blooming career. :cool:

Thanks
    great to here the comebacks! Ah, its never too late, the only barrier I run into today is I ahve to know 3D ON TOP of my artwork now, so its like starting all over again. I guess when I say veteran, I mean at art in your life, not necessarily illsutrating professionaly for 20 years, LOL just past your 20's and school and you attacking the field

Thanks for responding guys/gals.