Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    You're kicking ass, man. Keep it up! You'll be back in the swing of things in a day or two.
    My Website / My Sketchbook / My DeviantArt

Garlunk|Human|lvl07|pvp00|E0|Siren's Well
    Tomyris|Mystical|lvl02|pvp00|E0|Killrog's Palace
    PAINT HAMMER! The Art Making RPG!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey man, looks like you got some serious potential. You seem to be grasping color and values very well. Will follow this one for sure.
    /t

Thanks
    NickTrip: thanks dude

Tigermilk: i appreciate it man

ok got a decent amount done today. plus i made the best sandwich ever so i feel very accomplished

havent really been all that happy with my rendering style lately. i use too many brushstrokes and i mostly only use the basic round, so i finally got around to organizing my brush library. im gonna be playing around with them for a while.

did some speedpaints in the morning. first one from life. experimenting with different brushes
    20 mins:
    Attachment 1123579
    these 2 were 45 mins:
    Attachment 1123580
    Attachment 1123581

took advantage of the mirror i have back home. i should really get one when i get back to my dorm O_O
    Attachment 1123583
    Attachment 1123585
    this one from head:
    Attachment 1123586

did some more portraits. shading em out more helped a bunch with understanding the forms better. easy to tell which ones are from imagination :/ i gotta do more
    Attachment 1123582

and i did an oil painting!! first one in forever! went back to my old fine art class. and since i wanted to work on my brush strokes, who better to study from than the brush stroke master, richard schmid! really though, that mans a god when it comes to brush economy. i think the original painting had about 150-200 strokes on it...O_O failed at that but learned a lot. bout 2 hours:

Attachment 1123587
    Attachment 1123588
    Attachment 1123589
    Attachment 1123590

i got a lot better at oils. good to know my digital work is translating over

gonna be busy tomorrow, we'll see what i get done

Thanks
    This is the first time I visited your sketchbook and I'm impressed. That last oil painting looks amazing!

Thanks
    The last oil painting made my eyes go all boggly as it progressed, I loved the surety in the paint you were adding, how it was lively yet conveyed such a sense of realism and expression, great work!

Thanks
    Yeah that oil painting is pretty awesome. Maybe you should to many of them and utilize that type of brush work in your digital stuffins. Nice.
    My Website / My Sketchbook / My DeviantArt

Garlunk|Human|lvl07|pvp00|E0|Siren's Well
    Tomyris|Mystical|lvl02|pvp00|E0|Killrog's Palace
    PAINT HAMMER! The Art Making RPG!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NickTrip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Niiice oil painting man. Before I even read your post I was reminded of Richard Schmids process, he's certainly one of the best to study from. I'd say push the edges a little more in your digital stuff for some variation and really try to get some sharp detail where it matters. Good luck in your journey man, keep it up!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    nice stuff you got there, I especially like the landscape studies!
    Just something I noticed in the pencil faces you have in the last post,
    the two on the bottom with the upturned faces should have shorter noses,
    because in that perspective the features get really extreme angles. Does that
    make sense? If not I can sketch what I mean
    Keep it up man, you're on the right track!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to klinna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    libellchen: Thanks!

larchist: schmid duplication his stuff is so amazing!

NickTrip: im definitely planning on doing moe. some rob rey too: robreyart.com ill need to do some digital duplications as well

Jasper_: O_O woah im honored dude! thanks for droppin by yeah definitely need to work on my edgework...among many other things

mokka: i know, my faces suck :/ im not really understanding the forms very well. i need to bust out more studies. thanks!

i wasnt free until about 9pm so all i have is this start on a very tron-inspired painting. i wanna see it!!! the guy who designed all the suits for that did a guest talk at the summer class i took. awesome!

again playing with brushes and colors. im trying to find some brushes that behave a bit more like oil paint cuz i feel i can be a lot more loose with those. anyone know any good ones? :/ might end up having to make some custom ones...

Attachment 1124227

this feels like an improvement im gonna do a lot more works from imagination from now on, i think thatll help

Thanks
    been working on this some more for the last day and a half in between visiting friends. probably about 12 hours total. again, very tron ispired and im actually about to go see it

Attachment 1125345

*edit: the attachment manager kinda killed the colors :/
    50% detail:
    Attachment 1125347

first piece ive finished in a long time, and a major improvement im really happy with this but im still not even close with where i want to be. ill do some more studies later, but i wanna try to do more pieces from imagination as well. gotta tackle faces first though! D:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lancer_idenoure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That tron-inspired piece is amazing!

Geez, you really make me want to paint XD

My daily art blog

My Sketchbook

Please take a gander. =D

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Moriah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The last piece you did looks great man, I love the colors of it too. Only thing really wrong with it that I can see is that the arms seem to grow more as they reach the hands, the forearm, wrists, and hands should be smaller. Also, the legs are definitely short. Other then that it looks great mate

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Forrest_I For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Forrest I: yeah...damn thanks for pointing that out. i noticed the arm thing but not the legs. nothin a quick liquefy wont fix *runs back to study anatomy*

Thanks
    sorry for the super bare update...ive been kinda busy and havent got much done

well heres a start on chow 227. EPIC topic: 4 horsemen of the apocalypse its 3 weeks long, so we'll see if ill be able to finish all of them.
    Attachment 1127069

i did a lot of brainstorming and research before i actually started sketching, so its...just a sketch right now :/

i also realized ive been going about faces completely wrong. i was concentrating on just the individual features of the face and not the actual structure of the face like the jaw and cheekbones, which is why they were sucking so badly...dumbass! anyway, buckled down and dwent back to the basic with a ton of loomis studies. im just too lazy to take pictures of them right now.

and i started on teen challenge 101, but its just a scribble right now, so i wont post until ive made more progress.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 907 Posts
    you've done pretty good work with that oil !

and the tron man turned very good.

keep up the good work

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast