Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 706 Posts
    Laaaaaaancer! so I thought I'd drop by and chit chat and bring some hot chocolate and cookies and marshm.. What the f.. ?! hard work and dedication to the max! Hell yes! Looking good here.. I'll have to keep an eye on you so you don't sneak up on me further
    I'd have things to add like 'watch your lines'.. but you're working damn hard and you'll get a confident hand in no time. Welcome aboard the madnesssss, you just made me want to do art for real again.

Sorry for not having anything good to add..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    why, hello there DefiledVisions. some hot chocolate and cookies sounds marvelo...whaaaaat!? i motivated you!!!???? this is madness! O_O
    ......well i guess someone has to try to keep up with good ol' hannes.....oooh shit i said it!!! now i gotta go bust my ass off and catch up to all you awesome guys!!! art tiiiiiiime!!!

and yeah my lines suck ass. im workin on it...among other things. gaaah so much to do!

bleh not much done cuz i had class all day and its finals week comin up. ima be busy till like monday! oh well, ill try to fit in enough time to finish this character of the week. i have a bad habit of not finishing things...im gonna get this done though!!! rawr!
    Attachment 1113425
    Attachment 1113426
    shitty lines again but my anatomy got better. the guys pose took me forever though. wasnt quite sure what i wanted. and my...design improved?...maybe? dunno havent done much design before haha. i need to do more stuff from imagination!!!
    Last edited by lancer_idenoure; December 3rd, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks
    damn i was busy today with final projects for school andthen i had practice and other stuff and didnt get back to my room till 8:30 but the went on an adventure with my friend to explore our crazy art building wait, no, bad! no smiley, i need to do more art! > <- supposed to be angry face!

a little more work on that chow, bout another 45-60 mins. tryin somethin new, working from b/w to color. we'll see how it goes :/ i really hope i can get this done by sunday!
    Attachment 1114198

later!

Thanks
    Great updates! Good to see some anatomy studies, you're definitely improving :>

Thanks
    Dana_T: :>

had to work on a project most of today, but now im done with classes (almost. got one critique on monday) so i can finally start doing as much art as ive been wanting to! after sunday anyway....ive got an intersquad meet on sunday. i do gmnastics btw. dont think ive mentioned that before...it takes up a lot of art time but i still like it. anyway, once thats done its winter break for a month and i go home in like 2 weeks

more chow work. added colors. not sure i like this grayscale->color thing too much, but i learned a lot about values in the mean time.
    Attachment 1114781
    Attachment 1114782
    also gonna concentrate on my edges when im painting. learned a lot from looking at other peoples stuff i hope i can finiiiiish!!!

Thanks
    Great SB!

Thanks
    lennon: thanks

so today was awesome. first off, IT SNOWED!!! this may not seem like a big deal to people, but im from southern california, so we dont get snow very often (i.e. never). im lovin chicago im also done with classes so i have a lot of free time to do artses now and then my first college gymnastics meet is tomorrow, so that should be fun. and finally i got a lot done today.

well first i realized theres no way i was gonna finish that chow by tomorrow night and that i also sucked at painting skin tones and working from b/w->color. im gonna try to finish it (ha!) but just not in time for the chow deadline

anyway, since it snowed, i felt very inspired to paint something with snow. heres what came out of that. bout an hour and some change. no ref, but very shadow of the colossus inspired. feel like i shouldve spent more time on the giant thing but i wanted to move on
    Attachment 1115455
    since my skin tones suck so much, i did some studies:
    little more than an hour
    Attachment 1115457
    45 mins
    Attachment 1115458
    hour and some change. this one sucks......
    Attachment 1115460
    40 mins
    Attachment 1115461
    im trying a new way of painting. instead of painting something, im trying to paint the shape of it. its a kind of confusing idea to put into words, but it helped me a lot. faster too i also started using a harder-edged brush. that helped a bunch

and i did another sketchbook page. another alien forest thing its way in my comfort zone, but these are sooooooooo fun to do again, working on my lines. not much progress on that :/ gotta concentrate on it more
    Attachment 1115463

oh and heres a project i did for class. not sure if i sould post it, but i thought it looked cool. i might paint it in the future
    Attachment 1115456

hmm is that it? feels like i did more. oh well, next time. cheers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lancer_idenoure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Heeey!

Looks really good!
    I especially like the girl with this bone wings Lineart was amazing, hope you are going to finish it.
    Perhaps start doing awesome stilllifes too, they are great!

And nice to see you are also Algenpfleger inspired.
    I also started a thread "tribute to algenpfleger"!
    If you have time, you can take a look

Greetings Sil

Thanks
    Silwynar: thanks, ill check it out

shiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeet i got monster hunter tri last week and its sooooo amazing i just got stuck playin it for the last like 5 days. awesome awesome awesome creatures and environments. got a ton of inspiration but nothing done...damn :/

all i have is 2 more environment sketches ill try to color in the near future, a crappy half-assed half-page of creatureish things(pokemonz), a half start on an environment study, and 10 mins of coloring that forest...dammit
    Attachment 1120081
    Attachment 1120083
    Attachment 1120084
    Attachment 1120085

im gonna kick into high gear tomorrow!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lancer_idenoure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    the weather's crazy here!!! its my first snow storm, so its pretty awesome. i dont mind it unless theres snow getting blown in my eyes...which is happening a lot

anyways, i stayed inside most of the day and got shtuff done

finished up that environment study. im trying something new; im editing parts of the photo but using (somewhat) the same lighting so i have to thnk about how that light affects the newish forms i put in. it helps a lot, im gonna do more like this
    Attachment 1120828Attachment 1120827

and heres some portrait and gesture studies. the gestures are from characterdesigns.com and are about a week old and sucky
    Attachment 1120834
    Attachment 1120835

did some sketchbook pages from head after. my faces suuuuuck :/
    Attachment 1120837
    Attachment 1120839
    Attachment 1120840

nuther photo study...
    Attachment 1120841

heres another foresty sketch i plan to paint. im having so much fun with these, theres just so much variety you can do the girls gonna have clothes (unfortuntely ;P) i just havent figured out what i want her to be wearing.
    Attachment 1120843

and i went and started coloring an old sketch. i gotta stop using that color scheme O_O my colors got a bit better though...i guess
    Attachment 1120845

not quite an algenpfleger day, but its good for me. back to art!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lancer_idenoure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 907 Posts
    good start, you're making improvement already !

i'm glad you challenged yourself and try to follow algen, a great inspiration ! but IMHO , you should challenge yourself to beat him ! of course i mean by doing more studies per day. even for one day or two, just do more (with the same quality you do now).

good luck with your nexts

Thanks
    surely getting better man!

Thanks
    keep it up man ;]

Thanks
    amazing pencil work. I love the alien forest thing. Nothing but progress. Stay loose and keep posting!

Thanks
    zou: thanks man! well thats just my goal for this year so we'll see what happens after that but man that guy puts out so much work O_o ill just have to get more out of my studies if i wanna catch up. so much to do!

hücumkedi: good to know still have so far though D:

Majora: thanks

bpic: appreciate it. i like drawing forests

poopie. just flew home to cali yesterday and the last few days have been pretty hectic packing and taking care of stuff with my dorm before movin out, so i didnt get much done :/ all i did was a painting of frank sinatra a friend wanted me to do which i spent waaaay too long on and then a pencil portrait im too lazy to take a picture of right now...O_o
    Attachment 1122944

should have more tomorrow

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast