Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hey there, lancer!

I really like your sketchbook so far. I think, you are very talented. I can see some fast improvement, you're getting better with those faces! nice pencil sketches and your digitals coming along very well! keep it up, I'd like to see more.

cheers,
    rebecca

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    woooaaaah page 3 already!!!!! im hopin to keep this pace going

a la bapsi: thanks! ive been workin on my linework. glad to see its paying off and im gonna guess you mean the city? that shit took me forever. still not done

Kick_me: thanks man. haha whats with the star thing btw? ive seen it mentioned buuut...

selma: why thank you. almost done with first semester and ill definitely keep you guys up to date ;(

ThomasM: im glad to hear that its not from my classes though theyre pretty basic stuff so far...next semester should be better. yeah, i like fish and no worries about critting me, thats how we learn. thanks

Eew: thank you! ive still got so much to learn though!

InFlame: thanks! a little hard work doesnt hurt either ;p
    cheers to you too!
    -lance

my ol' sketchbook's namesake, algy just posted this up over on deviantart. no refs.
    Attachment 1095401
    what the fuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk!!!!!!??!?!?!???? i just got motivated up the ass!!!

only got another page of portraits done today... meh. these are takin a little longer than i would like, but im getting faster. and better!!! these are really fun. again, top 3 and the 2 on the bottom right are from head, the rest from photos. learning a bunch
    Attachment 1095402

i need to put out more art!!!! damn i have five pages of writing due on monday.....procrastination ftw im drawing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 919 Posts
    attaboy! drawing first!
    though papers are kind of important too ;o;

Thanks
    that's a good motivation! wowww! keep up that good color studys and it will be just fine

Thanks
    bapsi: haha nah. really though i need to start that paper O.o oh and im gonna be coming back to cali in about a month. we'll see about that super sketchjam business

llex_paul: i know right!? and i hope so

ok heres a start on a creature design im workin on. it kinda turned into something different than what i was going for, but i kinda like it. im gonna tweak it some more.
    Attachment 1096484
    and here are some more portraits. all from photos except mr mutton chops on the bottom there.
    Attachment 1096485
    first portrait painting from imagination its lookin a little muddy and somethings a little...off with her face, but its an improvement
    Attachment 1096486
    and i started painting one of those enviro sketches i did. im very happy with this so far. hooray for breakthroughs!!! i think thisll make a nice portfolio piece when its done
    Attachment 1096487
    thats all for now. i need to start that paper!!! :/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    remember how much algen did in a day
    keep it up lance!

Thanks
    ryanoir: hey i didnt recognize you with that snazzy new avatar and why yes, yes i do...muahaha time for secretive art things.

i shall be back later with a shit ton of art and hopefully a start on the essay i have due tomorrow haha
    Last edited by lancer_idenoure; November 7th, 2010 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    heres what i have so far for today. i had to stop and start working on the paper (which i still have like 2-3 more pages to write) and that kinda killed the flow of things. did i ever mention how much i fucking hate writing? ill try to get in some paintings later tonight, but we'll see.

did some more posemaniacs. tried bumpin it down to 30 seconds with these. its a LOT harder, but i think im benifitting more from it.
    Attachment 1097333
    Attachment 1097334
    Attachment 1097336
    and i did some animal gestures too. these are from an aweome site i got from a la bapsi (thanks! ) heres the link: these are 30 seconds too and damn these are a lot harder than humans. i think its cuz instead of having the same "animal" over and over again it switches it up so you have to take a moment to figure out where to start. im gonna do more of these
    Attachment 1097337
    Attachment 1097338
    Attachment 1097339
    after that i did some poses from imagination, couple minutes each. these got a lot better. i need to do more of them!
    Attachment 1097340
    and heres are more portraits. this page is from photos. trying to go faster. 1-3 minutes on these (except the old asian guy)
    Attachment 1097344
    ....and this one from imagination. these suck a lot...except fo sasuke i might paint that too.
    Attachment 1097342

eeegvkdfcbrfubvrjbv!!!! i gotta finish that essay!!!

Thanks
    Great job on the new round of 30-second poses. I'm still working with 60 seconds, and I still find that rather difficult, but it's getting better. Awesome portraits, especially that of Sasuke! Can't wait to see how you paint it. And I think we share the dislike of writing. Haha!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 748 Posts
    Nice drawings, but I have a suggestion for the gestures.

You seem to be focusing too much on just shape and an outline of the positive space. And your lines on the gestures are made up of lots of little hairy strokes. Try using more fluid and longer lines from the shoulder/elbow, and don't be afraid to draw inside the outline. I find I learn more from gestures by throwing in some construction lines--an oval for the rib cage, a line marking the angle of the shoulders, line down spine/linea alba etc.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Blender914: haha yes writing sucks. thanks, i hope sasuke turns out ok O.o

Andrew Sonea: yeah i know what you mean about the gestures. ill experiment a bit with them and see what i like best.

small update today. we watched a scott robertson dvd in my industrial design class today which was about the only cool thing we've done so far. it was the intro to perspective one and thats something i really suck at (along with vehicles), so i thought id try to get better with it. heres some homework for class and then some on my own. all free-hand (if you couldnt tell from my little note )
    Attachment 1098160
    Attachment 1098161
    ^ penis ship...
    and so as not to bore you all, heres a very basic start on chow221. monkey king i used myself as ref for this...which was wierd...it looks really static though and i dont like his face. im gonna start over with no ref. thatll be better practice too
    Attachment 1098162
    more stuff tomorrow!

Thanks
    good studies keep it up you got a lot of motivation and will to improve.
    My Sketchbook

Website http://www.dannykundzinshart.com

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Danny_K: thanks again man. ive got some good inspiration

heres some more posemaniacs gestures. 30 secs each again. as promised, i tried out a few different things with these. i like whats going on on the second page. i tried making a near constant mark on the paper while keeping my hand moving the whole time and i liked how that worked. im getting almost as much done in 30 sec as i was in a minute. andrew sonea, as far as making construction lines, i pretty much just do that in my head as i go. i visualize those relations and then put them down on paper. i dunno, when you get better at drawing that gets easier and you can skip that whole step. i used to do the construction thing, but now i dont. all the studies of faces and animals ive done have been with very little erasing. i WILL try to clean up my lines though!
    Attachment 1099006
    Attachment 1099008
    and some sketches for chow. wasnt sure if i should show these cuz its almost nothing...whatever.
    Attachment 1099009
    and here are 2 speedpaints i did today. bout time i did something mechanical. ironman!!! took about 2 hours. i know its really washed out, the photo i was using was crap. ill saturate it more the next time that happens. still learned a lot though
    Attachment 1099010
    and another portrait. little more than 2 hours. i like how this one turned out the photos from this one girl on deviantart. if you have the time check out her photos, theyre pretty awesome
    Attachment 1099011
    i might not be able to do any art tomorrow ima be busy
    Last edited by lancer_idenoure; November 11th, 2010 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks
    Lancer, something I tried while doing 30 sec poses is to use one line for one edge. When doing very fast gestures like that, I noticed that I was really rushing to keep up and scribbling as a result ( I guess basically hoping that in my scribbly mess one of the lines would be right). But instead, it just ended up with lazier observation and crappier figures. So instead I tried out slowing way way down, and using one line for one edge and my drawing ability got a big boost from it. I tend to scribble less, plan out better and record more accurate forms. Plus line quality instantly improves to boot.

Hope I'm not sounding preachy here. Just a little nugget I observed and thought I share.
    My Website / My Sketchbook / My DeviantArt

Garlunk|Human|lvl07|pvp00|E0|Siren's Well
    Tomyris|Mystical|lvl02|pvp00|E0|Killrog's Palace
    PAINT HAMMER! The Art Making RPG!

Thanks
    NickTrip: no, no preachiness there :] thanks for that and i know what you mean. i do have trouble just using one line cuz i find that when i do its a LOT more inaccurate than the scribbly. im still playing around those 30 sec gestures. hopefully my lines will improve eventually :/ ill work on it.

oh. my. god. i have soooooo much shit to do this weekend. i gotta finish up a 10 page paper (so 7 pages), do a wood project for industrial design, write a 2 page research paper for my film class, research for the research paper, and make 5 posters by hand with glue and scissors for graphic design...fuuuuuck plus i have to work a meet for like 10 hours. fml!!!

now that im done bitching, heres some art.

started that chow. i do love monkeys :] i had a minor ref for the background, but everything else is from head. im getting betteeeeerrr!!! hopefully i can fit in time to finish this by sunday.
    Attachment 1100011
    (hes gonna be holding his staff, i just erased it for now)

sadly there will be very little art-making this weekend
    Last edited by lancer_idenoure; November 12th, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast