Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    yay, page 2!

haha anyway, here are thse anatomy studies ive been meaning to put up

heres a little loomis
    Attachment 1089119
    Attachment 1089121

and these are from a book my mom found somewhere by a guy named "giovanni civardi". ive never heard of him before but his stuff is really good. nice and realistic
    Attachment 1089122
    Attachment 1089124
    Attachment 1089125
    Attachment 1089126
    Attachment 1089127
    Attachment 1089129
    Attachment 1089130

same thing as with the birds though, i need to apply these and draw more from imagination. i need to do some more loose gestures too. these detailed studies are nice, but i need to loosen up a bit.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    and here are some cat studies i did over the last 2 days. these went a lot better and i learned a bunch from these. these pages are from books and pictures:
    Attachment 1089137
    Attachment 1089138
    Attachment 1089139
    Attachment 1089140

and this one is from my head

Thanks
    You've done some sudden improvements!
    Great job man.

Thanks
    loathsome: thanks! im trying a lot of different things to see which way works most efficiently for me. (hmm, have i seen you around cow? )

heres a page of fish studies i did today. i already did sharks, so since their body structures are pretty similar im mostly concentrating on the heads and mouths.
    Attachment 1089604
    and heres today's photo study. a little longer, about 3 hours. i learned a lot about color again on this one
    Attachment 1089605
    and heres some of my process when working from a photo. sorry i missed the first part, but i usually lay down a flat color with the bucket and then paint in basic shapes with more flat colors (you can see that in the first step). then i basically just go straight into rendering as i have something to look at instead of having to build up colors and values like when working from imagination. hope this can help some people.
    Attachment 1089606
    im gonna draw some of my own fish tomorrow. theyre pretty fun to do

Thanks
    Your studies look great!!! Very promising! I love those different fishes!

Thanks
    *edit: sorry for another super long post :/ ill try to write less next time

well yesterday i was pretty busy and by the end of the day i was tired so i went to bed early and actually got a decent amout of sleep. but no art oh well, at least i got some done today.

here are some fish from imagination. its funny, i think some of these ended up looking better than the photo studies fish are pretty easy, once you get the base shape down, just add some fins, gills and mouth details and you got a fairly believable fishy.
    Attachment 1091173
    and heres a half-finished photo study. i spent a little more than an hour on it so far.
    Attachment 1091179
    just like with the animal sketches, i need to apply what i learn from these photo studies too!

busted out the ol' 3ch again for those of you that dont know, 3ch is a "random situation generator". basically you tweak some minor settings (just the theme really), push a button, and out come a random scenario. its for coming up with something to illustrate for lazy people. when it says "random" though, it means RANDOM! heres the one im doing now (which is one of the least random i might add): "a fetishistic small girl ignites a scorpion in fields".......yeah. not sure how or if im gonna illustrate "fetishistic; ill probably put her in some leather or something if i do O.o haha 3ch is fun in a crazy sort of way. i spent about 10-15 minutes on these 2 so far. i think ill do a combination of both. oh and i want to have her flipping/dodging out of the way of the tail and shootig a fireball out of her fingertips at the scorpion...any ideas for a pose? im kinda stuck but ill play around with it some more.
    Attachment 1091175
    Attachment 1091176
    i think my color use is getting better, but ive still got a long way to go. im probably gonna try to find a ref pic for the lighting on this. i think ill learn more that way.
    Last edited by lancer_idenoure; October 29th, 2010 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks
    eh not much done today. its halloween weekend and i have a lot of homework...:/

heres a speedpaint of the view out my dorm window. spent about 45 minutes on it. painting from life is awesome! i learned so much about bounced light!
    Attachment 1091701
    this is i think my final version of that scorpion thing. im gonna have fun with this :]
    Attachment 1091693
    and heres my start on teen challenge 100 round 3...even though i got eliminated through a tiebreaker > oh well, at least im getting better. im doing this just for the practice. topic was "dragon hunter" this is technically due tomorrow but since im out i dont really have a deadline...ill try to finish it tomorrow anyway
    Attachment 1091695
    i think this is a breakthrough with color for me. those photo studies really helped

Thanks
    The last sketches are very good. Don't stop.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 919 Posts
    awesomeawesomeAWESOME studies so far.
    it's inspiring to see how much they're helping your imaginative work.

Thanks
    You're totally inspiring.
    You're doing absolutely great, I love everything in this sketchbook so far! In fact, I'm going to try and do some animal studies like those, because I'm so envious right now.
    Keep posting! I want to see more!

Thanks
    Great work! You're kicking ass, keep it up!
    My Website / My Sketchbook / My DeviantArt

Garlunk|Human|lvl07|pvp00|E0|Siren's Well
    Tomyris|Mystical|lvl02|pvp00|E0|Killrog's Palace
    PAINT HAMMER! The Art Making RPG!

Thanks
    karantina: thanks! ill be goin strong for quite a while i hope

a la bapsi: glad i can inspire people too and heeey congrats on winning cow!!! thats a goal of mine

Elz: wow thanks ive still got a ways to go, but im getting better. just gotta keep pluggin along. hopefully there will be much, much more stuff in the next couple months/years

NickTrip: thanks, will do! it means a lot dude.

i didnt get too much done today either :/ i was up kinda late and had to wake up early for practice so i ended up takin a nap for a while. at least i was learning! i found the imaginefx workshops. how have i not seen this before!!??? these are awesome. heres a link: imaginefx workshops. i found the dragon tamer one by the Omen guy on deviantart particularly helpful

heres a little more progress on that dragon hunter thing. its an improvement from my older stuff but its still looking really monochromatic....i dont think ive painted this kind of lighting before >.< i might muck around with it a little more and then do some studies and come back to it.
    Attachment 1092183

this is going a little better methinks. spent about half an hour on the colors so far. im gonna use some ref for the lighting on this and try to render it pretty well. i like where its going so far
    Attachment 1092182

probably wont get anything done tomorrow :/ im goin out tonight and ive got homework to do tomorrow. I HATE WRITING!!!!!!

Thanks
    You have quite amazing work here. You inspire me, like you do to many others. I really need to kick it up a notch and practice to even come near your skill. I will be bookmarking your sketchbook to stay up to date. Thank you much!

Thanks
    Nice studies, i suggest you to put them in use after drawing, so that you dont forget what you've learned.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    hey whats up Lancer? diggin your studies man. I really like your window life study! I've been thinking about moving my desk over to my window just for that. Keep up the hard work man
    have a good one
    -Jamie

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast