Rivers of Inspiration

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Rivers of Inspiration

I was browsing through my inspiration folders when my brain made a funny whirling noise. I thought this set of Pietro, James and Jones was really cool. Kind of like a river of inspiration flowing down through the ages. The first one is from around 1290...

Obviously I don't know if the above works were part of Androids inspiration for his beautiful piece, but when I saw the feather patterns in the first painting; I immediately thought it might be how Mr. Jones would have painted, had he been around at the time.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here feels like showing some of their work alongside paintings and/or images that inspired them? And maybe dropping a few notes on what their initial inspiration was (colour, composition, mood etc... ). I'm not talking about direct studies here, but it would be fun to see a bunch of references that formed part of a final image... like a certain pose, a piece of armour, clothing, a lighting situation etc...

Any takers?

"You have a taste for drawing - I trust it will improve." - Melmoth, The Wanderer

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Munin Raven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Regardless of any inspirational connection, those images do flow well together, and share an aesthetic sensibility. Love that central one - first saw it on the
    h cover of "The Fatal Englishman". I shall try to collect some images - I like this idea.

CRITIQUE AS YOU WOULD BE CRITIQUED
    http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59
    THE ABOVE LINK IS ALL YOU NEED

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=200044 <- Sketchbook - filled with unhappy things.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.