tablet equal/better than wacom bamboo?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

tablet equal/better than wacom bamboo?

I am new to digital art and for the past few weeks i've been searching for the right tablet for me. I've considered getting the wacom bamboo pen and touch at first, until I stumbled upon something that might be equal/better than it. It's called the Monoprice 8x6 drawing tablet.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

The specifications are roughly the same as the Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch: 1023 psi, 2540 lpi. And it has gotten good customer reviews from their website. The greatest part about this tablet is that it costs less than half the price of a bamboo (40$ as apposed to 99$). Has anyone used this tablet before? How does it compare to the Bamboo? Would you suggest the Bamboo or the monoprice tablet?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm no advertiser, but WACOM is the top notch tablet producer right now and it has almost 0% competition.
    Wacom is the most secure choice, you know you don't spend your money on garbage and you know it'll last longer and give you the right precision you need.
    The bamboo tablet is great in my opinion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I second Dinamo.

If you're looking for any tablet, go with WACOM.

Ask around on anywhere and you'll receive the same answer .

I've got an intuos3 9x12 and a first edition bamboo (medium sized). I can't really say I spot any difference on performance and handling on the Bamboo compared. Except for the fact that the Bamboo (at least the early editions) don't have tilt sensitivity. But that ain't no biggie.

When I was looking for tablets, I googled around and tested some models, and at least in my opinion, everything other than WACOM is crap.

And no, I'm not an advertiser either

My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossi View Post
    I second Dinamo.

If you're looking for any tablet, go with WACOM.

Ask around on anywhere and you'll receive the same answer .

I've got an intuos3 9x12 and a first edition bamboo (medium sized). I can't really say I spot any difference on performance and handling on the Bamboo compared. Except for the fact that the Bamboo (at least the early editions) don't have tilt sensitivity. But that ain't no biggie.

When I was looking for tablets, I googled around and tested some models, and at least in my opinion, everything other than WACOM is crap.

And no, I'm not an advertiser either
    Don't believe that guy, edwarzo.
    He is an advertiser.

Just kiddin'.
    Get a Wacom.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If you don't mind replacing the battery of the stylus, then it can be a good entry level tablet. A Wacom tends to be better because it's cordless and battery free. In a lot of cases driver support is usually better with a Wacom (though to be honest with you, they seem to be slacking off as of late with some driver versions).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm i heard that the bamboo wears down pen nibs very easily because the paperlike surface causes more friction. is there a fix for this? or am i going to have to buy lots of extra nibs..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've had the Bamboo Pen & Touch since last September or October (which ever month they released it) and I've already gone through 4 nibs, so ideally I change the nib every season. But I also seldom use the damn thing. (I bought it more so for the touch element) But If I used it as much as I use my Tablet PC, I'd probably be changing nibs every 2 or 3 weeks.

I usually find the nib gradually wears down on one side, and you can still use it for a while so long as you take note to hold the pen so you use the less jagged part of the nib.

Thankfully I still have a stash of extra nibs from old tablet PCs, and earlier Intuos and Graphire tablets. They may not match color wise, but they still work fine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats not cool.. considering one nib is 3$.. i think ill take my chances and get the monoprice tablet. cheaper + nibs don't wear as easily

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i would stay away from 3rd party stuff, they just arent as good. if youre into cheap stuff then look into previous bamboo models... should be cheaper.

as for nibs, you either have to have a hand heavy enough to use the thing near breakage point or throw away the nib after slightest wear.
    ive been using 3rd party tablets, bamboo, intuos 3 and 4... bamboo is fine enough to compete with all of them (3rd party doesnt even have a chance)
    i havent changed any nibs even once and i used each tablet for over a year (intuos also comes with lots of nibs, dunno about bamboo)

very valuable lesson in life... dont waste your money, buy the good stuff.. .and bamboo is super cheap for the features.. you dont need all the inches anyway, even the smallest surface is enough (at least i prefer small over big)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.