Thanks

Art contests + nice prizes = cheaters win?

Is anyone else involved in Corel's 25th anniversary contest? There is a brutal amount of bare-faced vote cheating going on. A company called Brandmovers are running the contest for Corel.

So... how does one vote? Simple... pop in an email address and make up a password. Ah... but what if it's a bot. No problem... make them input one of those word recognition thingies. Cool.. so it IS actually a human voting.

And then I take it they receive an email with some kind of verification code to click on... you know... so they can tell if it's a reall email address or not?

Nope.... make up or use any old email address. Facebook friends not voting for you quickly enough?... not a problem! Simply vote FOR them... with their email addresses, your computer and a standard password. If they do then decide to register and vote later... they can't... unless they use your password. I have evidence for this btw... despite 8% of the world's population being on FB, some people think it's OK to admit to such stuff.

Corel don't seem interested in punishing these people... Brandmovers aren;t interested in replying.

So... vote for me or submit your own: http://www.corelquestforthebest.com/index.php?eid=80

Please no more Painter cloner things... or anything to do with soft focus and children or animals.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 755 Posts
    So you're calling everyone else cheaters so that we'll vote for you?

I'm guessing this went a lot better in your head.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Noah Bradley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    anything you have to vote on is a popularity contest, plain and simple, so lose any sense of dignity you may have and w-hore yourself out, go!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nauvice For This Useful Post:

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Sorry. I only vote for caricatures hung in really ritzy and important places, unless they're in Portugal...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Bradley View Post
    So you're calling everyone else cheaters so that we'll vote for you?

I'm guessing this went a lot better in your head.
    No. I am not calling everyone cheaters. I know that one person is cheating.

I was simply drawimg attention to a flawed system, and enquiring whether anyone else from here was participating.

The "vote for me" bit was intended to be humorous as indcated by the smiley.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    Question is, can you beat the current favourite "most liked"? http://www.corelquestforthebest.com/index.php?eid=135

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Impossible View Post
    Question is, can you beat the current favourite "most liked"? http://www.corelquestforthebest.com/index.php?eid=135
    Thanks Simon.... now I have to clean a mouthful of tea off my monitor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMalcolm1970 View Post
    Is anyone else involved in Corel's 25th anniversary contest? There is a brutal amount of bare-faced vote cheating going on. A company called Brandmovers are running the contest for Corel.

So... how does one vote? Simple... pop in an email address and make up a password. Ah... but what if it's a bot. No problem... make them input one of those word recognition thingies. Cool.. so it IS actually a human voting.
    Ah yes.. the capatcha.. that totally makes it only so humans are voting and not a bot.

Thanks
    Funny only people of certain countries can join the contest. How is that quest for the best? Rather they should call it quest for the partially decent.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Brashen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi I am in the contest as well! I am feeling a bit dissapointed as well the way the voting process is . I feel that we all should be judged not by being in the top 25 with the most votes. I tried facebook friends in my small community of maybe 5000 people. I sent the link and explained everything. I was surprized that out of 20 friends I have on facebook that they deleted it off their page. I placed it back and I am including just close friends and family and then again deleted. I was not understanding why this was happening then I asked and they felt that it maybe a virus and never heard of the company Corel at all.
    I was in the first week that I submitted was in the top 25 then out of no where I seen some paintings receiving 1000 votes all at once. It has made a very disapointing contest. I do feel that some are doing something not up an up as well. I would never think or use a persons email address without their permission at all. That is totally unfair. I did speak to the person that you posted with the top place. She said she placed flyers all over the city and malls and stores. Sincerely TMSC
    Last edited by tmsc; August 11th, 2010 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks
    I don't understand why you are so upset you have a very nice painting and also you have alot of votes. I certainly wished I had the support. TMSC
    My link for contest http://www.corelquestforthebest.com/index.php?eid=137
    Last edited by tmsc; August 11th, 2010 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    The entries for this contest are so dreadful. There has to be cheating involved or all of voters have awful taste.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    The entries for this contest are so dreadful. There has to be cheating involved or all of voters have awful taste.

Ill agree with you there, but anyways If anyone was smart enough to read the full rules they'd know that the judges at the end will pull entries (they like). to be judged along with the more popular ones so just because some one has tons of likes, doesn't necessarily mean they'll win.

With that said I entered a random recent piece when this thread first poped up
    lol

-Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

Thanks

Talking contest confused

I agree as well that even if the top has the most votes does not mean the person would be picked. I fine there is alot of art that is better than mine that have less votes.It is sad. And also there are alot that I feel should be in the top 25 and not going to place in the 25 where they should be. I know I am not the best but I thought it would not hurt to try. I am new to digital art. I did real painting before but since my spinal injury I cannot do it anymore so I am new to digital painting. I joined the contest because I wish for the tablet.