Problem with PS+tablet how do i disable the diagonal line feature shift+straightline

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Problem with PS+tablet how do i disable the diagonal line feature shift+straightline

If im using my tablet and im drawing with the pen tool, I hold down shift to draw a straight line in the initial direction (working). But then after im done drawing the line -- if I release shift then start another shift-straight line, it automatically draws a little line to the point where i was last holding shift

example of the problem:

It hasnt always been like this, it started doing this like a month ago.

I dont have any other editor to test that this is only a PS problem (no painter or anything else).

Ive taken the nib out and put it back in to the tablet.

any idea for a fix on this?

Last edited by Limewax; July 26th, 2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Apparently... this is a "feature" for drawing diagonal lines.

Now the question is, how does one disable said feature?

edit: I have tried resetting tools to defaults. I have also purged the CS4 preference file with CTRL ALT SHIFT on launch, still no avail.

Last edited by Limewax; July 26th, 2010 at 12:54 PM.

After first straight line you need to let go of Shift button and then press it again for second, then let go shift then press it for third and so on

M

yeah, as long as you're holding shift it's gonna want to connect the lines your drawing. I'm curious as to why it use to not do this for you. I thought that it was suppose to do this by default. Regardless, I'd actually like to be able to disable this as well. It's more convenient to not have to let go of the shift key if you want to draw a bunch of parallel lines quickly.

Members who have read this thread: 1