Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    gtgauvin is offline 3rd-level Artist with a +1 pencil and a Printer of Scanning
    Thanks
    OK, things are starting to take shape. Must sleep soon, but I just wanted to post an update: my ego is hungry. Sweated bullets taking reference pictures of myself, but it helped get things rolling, and I like the direction this thing is taking. It's taking on a kind of Harry Tuttle vibe that I rather like. Haven't quite decided on how the arms will look, but t least I've decided on how the trunk of the body is oriented. I was going to try and give it a more cramped feel, but the contortions made the details of the body confusing and obscured, so I settled on this instead. And the character has my face because I'm the only reference model I have on hand ( that, and I'm insufferably narcissistic).

Attachment 1028204
    Attachment 1028210
    "I always did want to be a hero...and a liar!"

My Sketch Thread

My Stupid Blog

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    as I says I won't have a opportunity to participate in Final but topic is very interesting so I tried out. Just want to show you my work.
    I found OST from Ghost In The Shell and cyberpunk pc games and draw while listening)
    ChoW 207 :: Military Unit: The Hacker
    Sketchbook
    I'm mostly self-taught, please if you have free minute leave some crits for me!

Thanks
    I've put the Final Burning thread up early

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtbyWard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Pixeltuner - Your piece inspired me to get started on this challenge....thanks!
    here's my sketch..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Obliviongrin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Some cool ideas going on so far! my sketchies done while at work: Still pretty plain but hopefully I can get something done this week! Crits appreciated!

Thanks
    Great ideas here Loving your one gtgauvin!

Here's mine start of final piece. I was thinking that his knife(s?) would serve as kinda all access key. Cutting trough metal and stuff. I lost a bit of movement when rendering, trying to get it back...
    The face plate is a bit asymmetrical, I'll have to fix that still.. And maybe get rid of his spike mohawk..

I have two versions, one with green light and one without. It heps readibilitily a bit, but.. dunno. Opinions?
    Attachment 1028333
    Violence isn't answer, it can also be an argument, question or comment.

SKETCHBOOK
    DeviantArt
    Portfolio

Thanks
    Some great work here so far!

a small update on mine. Not sure if I like the rifle. I may change it to an SMG hanging off her side, what do you guys think?

Attachment 1028348

Thanks
    Hi guys this is my first time trying a weekly challenge.
    SO heres a rough pencil sketch. trying to find the right emotion of the character then im going to do his full body with armour and everything.

I wanna go with the 'little bit tapped' solider. creepy smile and ready to get up close and slice you up.

Hope you guys can give me some feedback. The ones already posted are fantastic.

Thanks
    IceMoon thank you very much! Now I maybe have a chance to participate!

I angled her about 7-10 degrees and is it still looks like she's falling?

Jonathan C I think it will look more futuristic. But I have to say that now she looks very harmoniously at my taste (as far as lady with great rifle may look so))
    Last edited by Sillirien; July 27th, 2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: I'm great linguist
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    LukusMaximus
    Minimum of 3/4 of character should be visible, your character doesn't really fill that.. :/ Unless you are going to continue it downwards

SKETCHBOOK
    DeviantArt
    Portfolio

Thanks
    LukusMaximus
    I think it will be nice composition if your pict will be represented like it's shot on security camera in observing room ( and it becomes a small part of big picture) - it will look like it's shot from movie about spies))...
    but maybe it also won't follow rules of CHOW.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    So this is my first ever attempt at digital painting (outside of MSPaint), my first try with a graphics tablet, and my first CHOW...hopefully I can end up with something decent.

My influences include various stealth games like metal gear and splinter cell and real life spec ops teams.

In his left hand is supposed to be a laptop type of computer or something, I haven't fully decided. I'm planning to add a background of some sort, though I'm not sure what and also I want to incorporate a bit more with electronics. and yes I know I'm terrible at hands.
    ChoW 207 :: Military Unit: The Hacker

Thanks
    @Obliviongrin. oh boy that is promising.

@Kamikazuh. definitely loose the spiky mohawk. I think the reading is pretty solid you don't really need the green lights, but dunno it also depend on how you want to play with the background and environmental lights.

@Jonathan C. mmm yea i don't see the rifle as an appropriate weapon for an agile unit.

My little update. any comment always welcome. I'm having doubt on the legs anatomy... i'v being looking it too much, maybe tomorrow will see it better

Thanks
    kosmo975
    I was leaning on getting rid of those too myself, so that was a confirmation.

I think the legs looked weird because the pose is a bit akward. I tried crouching with other tight straigth down, and it's a lot more natural if it's..not like that Tried to do a quick paintover to illustrate. Not a big change tho, but meh. (Paintovers are allowed in chow, aren't they?)
    Attachment 1028429

SKETCHBOOK
    DeviantArt
    Portfolio

Thanks
    here is a design i did a few months back. is it ok if i take the same approach and rock it out for this competition. i wanted to check with everyone here if that was ok.

there is some great work going on here folks!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast