Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    I did two quick sketches, over 1am so I need some sleep. these were fun to do, but still feels to generic for me. I'll definately explore more how I can convey intelligence unit, or hacker, in the design.. as well as the "no wireless" being apparent. hah oh well figured I'd share anyway and say I'm in!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 388 Posts
    Can't sleep update

Thanks
    ChoW 207 :: Military Unit: The Hacker

This round is on people! Promising stuff there folks! I think I'll keep it black and white this time - need to become more efficient.

gtgauvin is offline 3rd-level Artist with a +1 pencil and a Printer of Scanning
    Thanks
    Sketch done while slightly drunk, still looks good to me this morning. All the fiddly little details should be a blast.
    Attachment 1027775
    "I always did want to be a hero...and a liar!"

My Sketch Thread

My Stupid Blog

Thanks
    dragon4lunch: awesome sketches, my favorite is the top right one the pose is bad ass and i love the briefcase idea

JanJager: looking good, love all the stuff hanging off her. The computer/ laptop thing isnt super clear, maybe have some light coming off it or add some wires connecting to something in her backpack

RichLyons: great sketch, love the hologram screen and all those tools, I'm jealous of your skill

here's where im at, i wanna add a wrist computer or something techy...still thinking

Thanks
    JanJager-- Her forehead seems a little too bulbous. It could be because the hairline's so high. If that's intentional, then ignore this.

I decided to go with a female version. Here are a few different variations on her outfit/equipment.

Thanks
    Next WIP

Thanks
    I might stylize him a little bit more (His shirt looks too plain) but here's the gist of it:

Attachment 1027855

Like most people here I went for the near future stealth Warrior. My original design was almost identical to RichLyon's so I removed his knee pads but I'm going to add them again because his legs look too plain and he's packing a lot less heat anyway.

LONG DESCRIPTION:

He's carrying a small computer on him running Linux; his visor serves as the monitor but thanks to the computer it's also used as a targetting aid, night, thermal, infra-red vision and low frequency sonar to warn him of anyone in his proximity.

He carries with him a thermos with coffee as well as energy bars, these two are a huge part of any coder's diet as well as an MP3 player with earbuds for extra focus (His sonar takes care of letting him know if anyone's sneaking up on him so there's no risk in listening to music, it helps him concentrate and it cancels the sounds of explosion and gunfire).

He has a sidearm but he prefers to use his blade and backup knife for stealth kills, his high caliber revolver is only for when he's already been discovered.

He has a utility vest with several screw drivers, multi-tools, and a blow torch for pesky fences and security panels.

His steel-toed combat boots have sound suppressors for added stealth, but pack a mean kick if they find your kidney, face, or preferably crotch (Nobody says he plays fair!)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maria riaz View Post
    lots of gr8 WIPS here....my entry shows a malang baba or a saint who is actually a hacker in disguise. his beaded jewellery are dangerous weapons.....its 2090 but ppl still hav taboos.
    crit plz
    Like Veshkau pointed out, you've obviously used Massive Black art too much as "inspiration". You can't just rip off someone elses art. Make something new Use photographs as ref, if you want to use ref. Not other art.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtbyWard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMoon View Post
    Sure, i'll put the Final Burning thread up early this round. If it's still to late just post you final in this thread and I'll make sure it gets to the poll
    Nice, I appreciate it. I'll have to keep it simple to fit it in, but I've got an idea I'm pretty excited about.

Thanks

ahoy

so while we are talking about ref, I thought I'd show my canvas at this early stage with reference that I find useful. Ref is a great place to start.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RichLyons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This topic is really awesome. I made a lot of sketches to get a feel of how I like the character to look like. I'll work on the final version soon. ChoW 207 :: Military Unit: The Hacker

Inspired by ninjas, Metal Gear and Tron. Since the hacker must be stealthy, he has to be a ninja-esque looking guy. His suit is really simple and lights up in the dark (if ever he needs it to). He has a communicator on his ear to keep in touch with his superiors. A utility belt is a must for anyone who has to go on solo stealth and espionage missions.

Tried using conceptart.org's uploader but it doesn't put my attachments on my reply. So I'll be using photobucket in the mean time.

Thanks
    thanx for the crit ppl, i used massive black as refernce, but i guess it looked like cheating....i m trying on new poses. using refernce from photographs wud b okay???

Thanks
    Hi got to try this one. this is mile's away from what i usually do... so must try.

RichLyons woooo man you rock hard. I can learn a lot from you I like your way. Wait a sec how that hacker unit can be stealthy with all that stuff on?

Zilrion
    and fdisk I so like that holokeyboard

JanJager ChrisProof coming up very nicely

Nonobot really digging your idea. would try a skinnier kid. something like Shorty (i think that's name) the Indiana Jones minion in the cursed temple

Saleem love it

I also pictured him as a sort of ninja. any comment or suggestion is very appreciate

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kosmo975 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @RichLyons - that is looking sick! looking forward to your next update!

nye-x
    To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
    My Sketchbook-
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=190017

SKYPE-
    nyealexandafrayne

Website-
    http://nyealexandafrayne.tumblr.com/

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast