Thanks

Painter, all of them?

I've seen that many artists use painter 5,6,7,8 and classic, what is the point with that? i never got it. I only have painter 8, But what would it matter if i had the other versions too??

thanks, Calle
    Self-improvement is masturbation, Self-destruction on the other hand....

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Some ppl. use Painter Classic simply because it comes free with their Wacom. Others (e.g., Feng Zhu and Ryan Church) use Painter 6.1 because it's more responsive than Painter 8.1.

Thanks

Unhappy

Just watched another Ryan Church Gnomon DVD tonight and was wondering why they make things more inconvenient, and slower, in later versions (like the watercolors; no glazing can be done in Painter 7 that I have apart from working with a multiply layer like in PS).
    Now I want Painter 6, but I can't get it anywhere.

Thanks
    me too. please let me know if you find any where that sells it

Thanks
    Hi,

I have Painter Classic 1, Painter Classic 2, and full versions Painter 5, 6, 7, and 8 installed and use all of them when teaching and answering questions.

For my own things, I use Painter 6, 7, and 8.

Painter 6 for it's old technology Water Colors.

Painter 7 and 8 for whatever has been added.

Since we can load earlier version art materials into later versions, that's another reason to keep at least the resources available. Though we can load earlier version brush libraries into later versions, some of the brush category variants won't work the same as they did in the original version, due to changes in brush technology.

Water Colors are a good example and those brush variants from Painter 6 and earlier versions will behave, in Painter 7, like Painter 7 Water Colors.

In Painter 8, they'll use the Digital Wet Method which is also used by Painter 8 Digital Water Colors and they'll work similarly, but not exactly the same as they did in Painter 6 or earlier versions.

Some people use the Pastels variants to simulate watercolors. You might try them for glazing, though I can't say from my own experience that you'll get the result you want.

Don't be hindered by the name of the brush category or brush variant, in other words. Use whatever works.
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Originally posted by Jin
    Don't be hindered by the name of the brush category or brush variant, in other words. Use whatever works.
    Sure. As with everything else, working and working and getting used to it all helps.

Very happy with it now after a lot of headaches. Building nice, fast brushes myself and so on. The watercolor layer is still a bit annoying, but what the heck (as Bob Ross would say).

Btw; would Painter 6 work on Win2000? Would be nice to know before I start looking for it.

Thanks
    Before I got my new computer, I ran Painter 6.1 on Win 98 and it worked fine.

Now I'm running Painter 6.1 on WinXP Home in compatibility mode with Windows 98/Windows ME. Works fine.

Don't know if it would work on Win 2000 but my guess is that it would.

To be sure, try posting the question on the corel.graphic_apps.painter newsgroup and the Painter list at Topica.com where you'll find a lot of long time Painter users.

Corel Painter Newsgroup
    Add Server: cnews.corel.ca
    Subscribe to: corel.graphic_apps.painter

Painter list at Topica.com
    http://www.topica.com/lists/painter-list/
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    just to say i used painter 6 on win2000; no problem with that.
    :]