New Avatar series! Avatar: Legend of Korra

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following

New Avatar series! Avatar: Legend of Korra

Say what?

A Non White FEMALE lead for an action cartoon series that many age groups can enjoy? (besides Dora?)

Oh hell yeah!

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Avatar..._Korra/7031789

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 833 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cool. Good to know the wait won't be too long for more when I've finished the original series...

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Time to add any images related to the show lol.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Non-white, passable, but also Female?! I don't even- will Not watch.

jk, Im really excited for it. I thought I would have to watch the sequels of the abysmal movie just so I can see more of the Uvatar universe, but now that this is truly coming, I'll just stick to the cartoon. The plot sounds really interesting, and I like the idea that the world's technology would have obviously progressed. So Uung's son is mentioned, I wonder who's the mother? and if Korra is related to Soaka or Kutara at all, other than just similar tribe

the anti-bending phase in the plot reminds me of xmen a bit, but the guys are great writers, Im interested in seeing what they'll do with that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by zwarrior View Post
    jk, Im really excited for it. I thought I would have to watch the sequels of the abysmal movie just so I can see more of the Uvatar universe, but now that this is truly coming, I'll just stick to the cartoon. The plot sounds really interesting, and I like the idea that the world's technology would have obviously progressed. So Uung's son is mentioned, I wonder who's the mother? and if Korra is related to Soaka or Kutara at all, other than just similar tribe

the anti-bending phase in the plot reminds me of xmen a bit, but the guys are great writers, Im interested in seeing what they'll do with that.
    LMAO Shyamalanisms!

Well I kinda thought of the anti-bending movement a similar theme of magic vs tech. As tech progresses there's a fight over whether or not magic should exist.

In Aang's time we didn't question the bending was limited to one's own nation. You didn't see Waterbenders marrying or co-mingling in the series with Earth benders for example. Each nation seemed to have stuck with their own kind. However, not everyone from the nation would inherit the ability to bend their element. Not all Earth tribe people were Earthbenders.

It always made me wonder about those who did decide to marry outside the "tribe" So if Aang and Katara did end up having a kid, my question is, does the kid only inherit one or the other element of bending, none, or both?

I also thought it was entirely possible for the Air Nomads to have hidden their children only for them to never bend again to save their lives. These kids while Aang was in "suspension" may have grown up in another tribe like Water or more likely Earth. Their kids may have grown up never knowing they're from the Air tribe.

If you notice in the first series the Firebenders began eradicating the water tribe next. It makes sense for 2 reasons. It was their polar opposite in bending (their weakness) just like Air against Earth. The other reason was, should the last Airbender had actually died, the next incarnation of an Avatar was through an Water bender. (Which Korra is indeed the next incarnation, so that means Aang is no longer living).

Last edited by Arshes Nei; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wait, the protagonist learns from Aang's son? To fight crime?

Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I also thought it was entirely possible for the Air Nomads to have hidden their children only for them to never bend again to save their lives. These kids while Aang was in "suspension" may have grown up in another tribe like Water or more likely Earth. Their kids may have grown up never knowing they're from the Air tribe.
    Sounds like you just gave me a spoiler. It makes that much sense and is really believable.

Also come to think of it, I always felt Zuko's mother storyline was never finished or fully explained. Anyway now that its not one nation versus the rest, the battles won't mostly be involving a firebender anymore, those earthbender vs earthbender fights were the best!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by zwarrior View Post

Sounds like you just gave me a spoiler. It makes that much sense and is really believable.

Also come to think of it, I always felt Zuko's mother storyline was never finished or fully explained. Anyway now that its not one nation versus the rest, the battles won't mostly be involving a firebender anymore, those earthbender vs earthbender fights were the best!
    Haha, well I was thinking about how it would be excessively cruel of the Fire tribe to wipe out little kids XD so it's possible they escaped. Plus it makes sense in a way for the cycle to continue for future Avatars. I could even see a story line of some of the Fire tribe soldiers feeling bad and escaping with the kids.

Zuko's mom is one big cliff hanger, so I can see why the creators decided to go 70 years forward instead of doing Avatars from the past in the new series. (Gives a better opportunity to tie up loose ends) Then again Kiyoshi hogged up, what 200 years? (She is supposedly the longest living one) and I'd like to know how someone like that was when they were young XD It would make sense to star her too in a future series since, well the next Avatar element after Water would be Earth.

Oops! I forgot this is not likely since each cycle the gender is flipped. IE Cycle before Aang was:

Airbender Female
    Waterbender Male
    Earthbender Female - Kyoshi
    Firebender Male - Roku

It flipped back to Male Airbender, so it makes sense that the next Avatar is not only a Waterbender, but female.

Then the other part of fighting is you'll probably see more interesting team up attacks with various elements.

Last edited by Arshes Nei; July 22nd, 2010 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooh awesome!, love the Avatar series, I wanna re-watch it now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope they explain how Aang died then, I think he was 12, and if its 70yrs, he would have died at only 82 while Kiyoshi managed 200. could he have been killed? He's the avatar, the most powerful fighter

I hope this sequel is being made because they wanted to, not because Nickelodeon pressured them to make another cash-cow. Those types of sequels rarely do well (matrix ). Because I remember reading somewhere that Last Airbender was it, there would be no 4th book or sequel, or anything. Then the movie comes out, and as bad as it was it still made millions, so hey there's another show!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And some more fun news for you guys...

o/~ MY CAAAAAAAAAAAABAGES!!!

http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010...orra-interview

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.