Sketchbook: Loweryi's Sketchbook (of madness)!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Loweryi's Sketchbook (of madness)!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Loweryi's Sketchbook (of madness)!

Hello everyone!

I'm Loweryi, aka Nika.
    I figure I may as well preface my actual sketchbook-posting with some info about me. I actually joined CA way back in 2008, but at the time was far too self-conscious about my horrid art to post it somewhere where there were so many more amazing artists running rampant. Maybe part of me was afraid of critique, I don't know; however, I'm more willing to attribute it to the insane fact that I am far more afraid of embarrassing myself on the internet than in public. I'm odd like that.

But it's been two years, and I definitely can look back on some old art and say I've improved. However, I also know that now is the time I need the most critique and advice and suggestions. I really want my future to focus on art (specifically, one day I'd love to draw concepts for videogames and the like, but on a website called ConceptArt, who doesn't?!) and this year I'll be working on applying to transfer to an art college.

Summing up the past few years of my life in a (run-on) sentence: I was fed up with highschool after sophomore year, so I dropped out in order to go to college, am currently a sophomore in college, and while I could stay at the school I'm at for all four years, I want to simply receive my AA after these first two and afterwards go to an art school for Game Art and Design.

In a place like this, surrounded by better artists, I will take any advice I can get.

Hi!

(P.S., I apologize for the rather bad photos. Anybody have any advice on how best to take pictures of traditional art, as my scanner is currently out of commission?)

Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Last edited by Loweryi; November 4th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aaaand some more, this time with the more finished people-focused stuff. I'll get around to posting genuine 'draw in my sketchbook' sketchbook art soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool! Well thanks for posting for one...I am looking forward to future posts and hopefully the sooner the better right? =p

Posts are good...you're getting somewhere aren't ya? So! Where from here? Its nice you have done multiple mediums...And where those the eye/mouth/etc copies from casts..they looked familiar..like its a program or something. Someone here posts it...idk.

Keep posting and keep checking the ringling thread eh? (get your sketchbook link in your sig.)

Well...be back soon to check on ya. =)
    -r.z.

"If you want something. Go get it. Period."

Sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=151856&page=4

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha daaaang I somewhat forgot about this. Sorry about that! In the meantime, let me just say that I was busy working on my portfolio, but that it totally paid off! I got accepted to SCAD, Ringling, and RIT (I picked Ringling)! Crazy excited and incredibly grateful to everyone who's helped me along the way.
    Anyways, now I'm trying to work on sketch-a-day April and have just been trying to draw out quick sketches of characters from various stories I'm working on to just speedpainting things.
    Most of the character sketches are just really quick 10-15 minute things I did in between classes; the mountains were a result me kind of just mucking around and I'm not really that happy with it; the warm color speedpaint was about 20 minutes. There's a redesign of Protoman for a potential cosplay I want to work on, as well as some more character designs.
    Critiques, comments, or just anything is incredibly appreciated!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow /. lovely drawings, this one i love..
    http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...1&d=1279575277
    i wanna see mooarrrr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My favorite drawing has to be the one with the skulls (I'm interested in biological anthropology, where a lot of studies on crania are done, so I've come to find skulls fascinating).

Everything is better with dinosaurs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great start on your sketchbook. Love that last piece with the boy and girl characters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi again, everybody!
    So first of all, I still need to post the rest of my finished stuff from my portfolio here--I never actually put up the stuff that got me accepted! Some of it I already posted in my first post, so this is just the stuff you guys haven't seen before.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And now here's some more Work-in-progress stuff. The first is an oil still-life I'm currently working on. Then there's some concept ideas for a possible webcomic. The last batch of sketches is a redesign of a character whose sketch I posted in one of my above posts--he's part of this book idea I've got going on in my head. His species is based off of a whole slew of real birds; I've loved ornithology since I was maybe five years old, and I realized that I couldn't keep bs-ing his design by pretending it was some fantastical phoenix thing. The various birds I used are an Eastern Rosella, Western Rosella, Hoatzin, and a few different Macaws along the top line. I'm gonna go with the Hoatzin!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Working some more on that Hoatzin redesign.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick 2am speedpaint, on a particularly sleepless night.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man. How long's it been? Over a year since I last updated this? Holy crap. To sum it up--I graduated, took a year off, and then chose to go to RIT to get my Bachelor's. I've started delving into the world of 3D modeling (as that is my major) but by no means have I given up my 2D work. Anyways, here's some more recent artwork. Three of them are referenced off of real painting (by Aivazovsky, Kuindzhi, and Frederic Edwin Church, respectively) while the last is a character design for a friend.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.