Prismacolor pencils and markers
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Prismacolor pencils and markers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Prismacolor pencils and markers

I hope this is the right place to ask this about. Please move this thread if it dont fit inside here.

Alright, Ive been looking around all over it feels like. I have been searching for prismacolor pens and markers to buy within EU or pref. Sweden. But I havent been able to find any stores that sells them, Ive looked on storesboth online and normal stores.

If anyone have any idea were I can buy them I would appreciate it alot.
    Also if someone have any suggestion of other brands that are similar to theese I would also be very grateful

Im mostly after thicker markers in different gray scales for concept sketching in my sketching block.
    so please if anyone knows. Let me know
    Tank you!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im not sure if its in the right section either.
    I dont know about prisma colour markers. But I just bought some copic markers (white greys and black ) on ebay this morning. Pro markers also have some grey shades in packs, theyre not too bad.
    So try ebay or maybe you have a hobby craft shop (or something close to that)close by?

edit: Yeah this is would probably do better in art discussion or something like that.

Last edited by Nonobot; July 19th, 2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: correcting

zephyri is offline professional guacamole maker Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Nren, you can't get Prismacolour products in the EU anymore. They used to have a EU-only brand of pencils called Karisma, but they discontinued the line a couple of years back. I use prisma pencils myself, and the only way I've managed to get hold of them is buying when I've been in the states. I think you can order them from American online stores like dickblick.com, but you might want to check what taxes your country adds to good bought outside the EU, as last time I ordered from them I had to pay a very hefty tax on top of what I'd already paid for the products.

I've not tried the markers (though I have a basic grey sat of letraset markers and they seem okay thus far, but I'm new to the medium), but I've not been able to find any pencils in the EU that have anything even vaguely similar to the same feel I get from Prisma, which is incredibly frustrating. Ebay might be a better bet, if you can get the seller to mark the products as a gift, you won't have to pay taxes (at least thats the case in the UK).

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh great thank you all for your help and information.

Its sad that they dont sell the pencils in EU anymore
    I tried to search for markers in the craft shops but so far only found the real colorful ones. Not exactly what im after.
    I didnt think about ebay so thank you alot. Ill try to update my searching when I found some that looks decent

If any moderator sees this thread and want to move it to the right section please do
    I thought this was the best place since my use for the markers would be concept art.
    And sorry if it caused any trouble.

BIG THANK YOU all of you. Love this forum. Its such a great place with a great atmosphere.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! If they sell Copics in the EU, or Tria, both of those have greyscale packs you can buy, and in my experience both are better quality than Prisma (though Tria can have a lot of unwanted bleed if you're not used to them).

Failing that - you want to look for markers marketed for 'comic' or 'manga' artists, they will be the most likely to have the colors you're looking for. Even water-based markers can work fine for sketching, really, and some brands offer useful chisel-tip styles that can be used for a variety of line thicknesses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you for your help ill for sure have a look into copics and tria. Thank you so much

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a look into the copic markers and I think im going to order one asap. I saw they had an offer for gray markers and it looks pretty good. Thank you and all others for your time to help me.

Members who have read this thread: 1