Male Renaissance Fashion

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Male Renaissance Fashion

Hey everyone

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I did a search and couldn't see anything so here I am. Short time member but long time lurker of CA and it's a continuing source of inspiration to me. This's the first time I haven't found what I've been looking for on this site hahah, so I thought I'd make a post about it.

Basically, I'm looking for high quality images of authentic male renaissance clothing. I've been looking everywhere but I keep turning up really pathetic looking costume pieces, with really cheap/thin looking materials and really inauthentic patterns. Just stuff I really wouldn't want to base a painting on.

I dunno, maybe I'm looking for museum pieces or something? I really wouldn't even know where to start, but when I google say, the history of renaissance clothing mostly what I get are black and white line drawings or very small res pics of portraits.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this, reaaally appreciate it.

Cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Can you narrow "Renaissance" down a bit? The period covers roughly 200 years and all of Europe - there's a lot of variation. Plus variation from upper to lower class. A 1450s Florentine nobleman is going to look pretty different from a 1520s German Landsknecht.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.