Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quick char sketch. Was looking for interesting ways to integrate time etc. See what you guys think

Thanks
    MasterTroglogyte : Watch out, Father Time should be the primary focus in your piece, and you'll have to show at least 3/4th of him. About his age, well at least he has to show age, as he symbolises the passing of time. So at least don't make him young.

Thanks
    Mephistoau: I like him a lot! No super useful suggestions though.. maybe give him a giant blingy clock necklace? The walker sides also look kind of like scythes but that's less practical..

Thanks
    Mephistoau: I really love his hair. Interesting indeed.

Missed the last deadline...here's to starting early!

Thanks
    my first time that i do the character of the week...here is my idea i just started it...

Thanks

ahoy

trying for a back/front character concept this time and try to get away from the illustration side. Anyway here is my trendy looking old father time work in progress.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RichLyons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Cool topic, time to stop the slacking for me ^^. Lots of cool sketches posted already, keep it up!
    Don't really have any crits except maybe a suggestion for

MasterTroglodyte:
    You have a sweet composition and moment going on there. Tho you might want to keep in mind that a Chow needs to be visible for 3/4 and since father time is in the spotlight, maybe cut down a bit of the female (or change pose) and show father time from the knees up. Just a suggestion .

For my own image all I know is I want him to show he has been/suffered trough time by letting his bones come trough at some points. Maybe his skin got too thin or is mergin with the bones. Gonna brainstorm and doodle some more.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ponderponder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    RichLyons Oh.. My.. GOD.. i love that design!

This is my first CHOW attempt, here are two quick thumbs, however i'm not sure if i'm going a tad too environmental with my idea?

The center triangle figure is the Father Time arms folded, with an hourglass at the back of both thumbs and then an object in front of him.

Would love any feedback

Thanks
    Woo! good to be back. Was sick for a week Missed Gaia.
    My goal for this ChoW is to put my design across in a compelling way. Its going to be hard

Kamikazuh - its a cool idea man but I dunno if dressing him up like he lives in modern society is the best Idea. In my mind he is constantly roaming through some weird demension we dont even see and he probably doesnt wear converse lol. But its up to you, all the same Id suggest doing some sketches of what you want him to look like before starting the painting, good luck, hope you finish!
    AhChu - I really like those robes man. He looks powerful! And kinda like a tombstone, which is niice.
    MasterTroglodyte - I like the shades Id make him more visable though.
    Si_Swe - Unexpected, cool idea man
    ChileanIggy - For what your going for maybe try making him look more tired, bags under his eyes. Make him look tortured. Right now he just looks like he has to take the rubbish out hehe. Oh also watch the anatomy, most of its good but that ear.
    Mephistoau - Thats hilarious dude, hes gota go all round the world killing people and he can hardly walk haha!
    ajaxplaysdice - Anatomys off, try being sketchyer at this early stage, dont be afraid to draw through things to make sure everythings right.
    dkiearth - Do some sketches of the character first, trust me! It will really help
    RichLyons - Awesome concept, looks like a boss out of a game maybe. I had the same he collects clocks Idea... Thought I was being original haha!
    ponderponder - I think of being aged as not neccesarily bone showing through but more so skin sagging/wrinkles. Maybe try that? At least in the face.
    glaudarien - The window on the right is cool, maybe leave the ground before him more blank? and just have his cast shadow there.

Now my image. Havent started ChoW on the monday yet Hopefully gives me a better result.
    My Idea is for this weird hallucination the dying suffers where all around them is a wall of hair that appears to be coming from FT's beard. Also he collects watches and straps them to his legs and ties pocket watches to his beard and other places. Having trouble coming up with a costume, I had him just naked but thats too bare. But I feel like giving him something to wear is against what im going for which is this weird trip that is other worldly.
    Please, tear my work apart.
    Attachment 1022370

Thanks

Smile

Old Man!) super theme I always like that type of characters! And my first association was Old Man from Korpiklaani's cover http://www.666-deathmetal.de/CD_Cove..._this_road.jpg(like this)a man from woods - one of my favourite object to draw.

Ha-ha, so much super sketches that I just lose courage!)
    RichLyons's character is very stylish and zooty
    AhChu's drawing reminds me about Renaissance
    MasterTroglodyte - such a drama! and he is cool as a cucumber (i found this super phrase in dictionary sorry if it's wrong )
    And I always like to see how some of your draw cartoon-like characters.

I too made 2 sketches - I'm not original)
    ChoW 206 :: Father Time
    Sketchbook
    I'm mostly self-taught, please if you have free minute leave some crits for me!

Thanks
    nice topic, I think I'll give it a try again...(after failing gaias topic...)

Thanks
    Pixeltuner....i-is he flicking us off?
    Kamikazuh Cool concept. There is always a valid reason to draw sci-fi soldiers!
    AhChu Not bad man! I like seeing how you progress so good. Everyone starts out stereotypical, try to play with the elements of time and death more. It's a great start
    MasterTroglodyte Father Time reminds me of Blade, but with a beard
    RichLyons Sweeeeet!
    glaudarien I really like your compositions.

These are some thoughts/sketches I made so far.

Think of this one as a comic book cover. Father Time in the front, the Grim Reaper appearing from behind him and a giant clock on the back.
    Attachment 1022381

Father Time, right? Why not "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned"-kind of Father? I'm still playing with this thought. Right now I tend towards this concept. The giant circle could be a big fresco painting telling a story of Time and Death.
    Attachment 1022383

Father time is pointing at his watch saying: "It's time~". From his watch smoke starts to appear and we catch a glance of the Grim Reaper.
    Attachment 1022384

Any thoughts? I'll pick my favorite tonight when I get the chance to plan the images out some more

Thanks
    Malakuko: Thanks for the feedback!

Edited the 2nd thumb using malakukos suggestion and replaced the coffin with his shadow being cast. I have also created a new thumb that focuses more on Father Time himself rather than his environment also. Really unsure which i prefer, i really like the window thumbnails though i'm unsure i can represent his age within those thumbs, thanks for any feedback!

Thanks
    here's what I made of it .

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast