Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hope everyone gets in. Maybe next year I'll be in the school with you all.

I'm compiling a long list from the past 10 years, of who's graduated from the CA course at Ringling, and what they're doing now. Hope it keeps you guy's motivated.

Nick Pitera - Graduated 2008 - Works at Pixar

Ben Beech - Graduated 2008 - Works at Pixar

Cat Hicks - Graduated 2009 - Works at Pixar

Lindsey Olivares - Graduated 2009 - Works at Dreamworks

Liron Topaz - Graduated 2009 - Works at Dreamworks

Jorge Garcia - Graduated 2009 - Works at Rhythm and Hues Studios

Jin Kum - Graduated 2009 - Works at Sony Imageworks

Yezi Xue - Graduated 2010 - Works at Sony Imageworks

Shane Cauchi - Graduated 2010 - Works at Sony Imageworks

Jill Hackett - Graduated 2010 - Works at Blue Sky Studios

I'm still working on the list, trying to get all the way back from the early 2000's. I'm only working with the ones on the portfolio page, and others I have found already.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    DanialGlover,
    cool idea!
    maybe you could list the area they're working in too, like animation or lighting, etc.

Thanks
    Ahh. I just got a postcard from Ringling that said they don't have one of my transcripts, even though I sent it two weeks ago. I emailed them but obviously won't get a reply until monday. Trying hard not to stress out.

Thanks
    Rocky Marciano is best !

Thanks
    Rocky Marciano is best !

Thanks
    Oh man, the time draws near, good luck to you guys !

Also, for anyone considering pre-college, they only have about 40 slots left for CA D8 and that was a week ago.... CA goes VERY fast, so if you're considering it, apply now! And even if you're not, still apply early, because the people that sign up early on will be the first folks to pick the courses they want for their schedule

Thanks
    Just wanted to say goodluck to everyone!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angel6539 View Post
    Ringling does not offer MFAs
    yet

Thanks
    When does Ringling usually send out the acceptance/rejection letter? 2-3 weeks after you complete your application?

Thanks
    One more question, do you receive a scholarship with your acceptance letter? This is my first time trying out for a scholarship so I'm not familiar with the whole process. :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catsmeow
    When does Ringling usually send out the acceptance/rejection letter? 2-3 weeks after you complete your application?
    It depends on what you applied for. If you applied for CA/GAD, your acceptance package or rejection letter should come sometime this week or next week. For all other majors I think you get your answer 2-3 weeks after you apply.

Quote Originally Posted by catsmeow View Post
    One more question, do you receive a scholarship with your acceptance letter? This is my first time trying out for a scholarship so I'm not familiar with the whole process. :/
    Last year in my illustration acceptance package I received a scholarship, so I think that's how it works.

Thanks
    Good luck to everyone! Hope to join you some day.....we will see..
    Sketchbook: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...=208471&page=2

ArtBlog: http://bengraceart.blogspot.com/

"If it was easy, everyone would do it"

Thanks
    Well I got the CA acceptance letter from Ringling... but they want me to start in Fall... this is not good. Maybe it's because they are changing around the first year schedule? This means I have to pay for an extra semester... If they don't give me a decent scholarship, Ringling is not looking likely.

Also @ pandadeux
    I would like to say, money IS an issue and in multiple ways.

1. I cannot get any more than 5k or so in loans from the government. I am not eligible for parent-plus loans. I can not get any private loans because no one will co-sign for me and I've tried everyone I know. I've tried for scholarships online but those don't really amount to anything. I am basically left up to Ringling to give me some financial or I can't afford it. My parents payed 2k per month payments my first semester at Ringling and were nearly dirt broke because of it (could barely even afford food). They tried, but they can't make those high payments anymore. And to make things worse, my EFC for this years FASFA doubled and I have no idea why, which means I will be eligible for even less aid than before.

2. Debt IS something to consider! Right now I'm in about 20k+ worth of debt AND I'm going to have to pay for 4 full years of Ringling now (+interest). That's a LOT of money. Now it is to ask myself. 'Is this worth it?' Luckily the job turnout for someone who works hard at Ringling is good, but there are still many that remain jobless. (Ringling does not put all their student films on their website you know) However, there is cheaper ways to reach the same goal. Animation Mentor also has a very good track record of students joining into big companies like Pixar and Dreamworks, the same as Ringling. And it's only 20k for the entire thing. I'm starting it this month actually in case I cant return to Ringling (which is probably likely due to money). Now to say, money is not an excuse to not pursue your dreams, YES I believe it, but Ringling isn't necessarily the only path to the goal.

Thanks
    Also @ catsmeow
    For CA and GAD, my friend who got in CA last year said it came a while after she got her acceptance package. It was also after she received her first bill. Now it might be different for Ill and the rest since you get notified for those much later past the March 1st deadline for submitting the FAFSA.

Thanks
    all you people interested in animation should look at Hett's thread from '05 if you haven't already. It is full of absolutely great stuff and if you are interested in animation you really should read through the whole thing.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38716

Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast