Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Dang it. I'm just now looking at their website, and I've missed their deadline for applying for their Game Art and Design program. :|

Anywho, congrats to those who have been accepted, and good look for those applying!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    --internet lag--
    Last edited by DanialGlover; February 5th, 2011 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks
    I didn't have my ACT/SAT's so I missed out on applying for CA. I'm going to take the test sometime in the fall of this year, while having another year of getting my Math, Science, History, and English out of the way. Not to mention getting my portfolio as strong as I can get it. So, I'm a 2012 Hopeful now I guess. Is there a list of the full schedule of all four years of a typical CA student? So I can see exactly which courses I should take to get rid of?

I hope you all get in, I'm rooting for you all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mur View Post
    Dang it. I'm just now looking at their website, and I've missed their deadline for applying for their Game Art and Design program. :|
    That's too bad \: But their deadline is pretty much posted all over the place because it's so much earlier. Did you just recently stumble across GAD at Ringling?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanialGlover View Post
    I didn't have my ACT/SAT's so I missed out on applying for CA.
    Nooo q_q You don't need them for your app!! I wish you had known that!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    Nooo q_q You don't need them for your app!! I wish you had known that!
    Oh? Well I sent everything in by mail, maybe they still arrived on time. I emailed the admission department, I'll see if they got my stuff or not. If I don't get a response today, I'll try calling Monday. I just hope they got everything, as the portfolio site never works for me here, so I sent in a dvd along with my application.

I hope I don't have to wait another year, as this is my 2nd year trying to apply with complications(this year is my fault so it seems). I've had problems CommonApp in the past, concerning waived application fee's so I had to print everything out, but without the application fee it made printing it out to be...difficult. I don't mind waiting another year, as I can get my classes out of the way, and get a better portfolio than I did this time around.
    Last edited by DanialGlover; February 5th, 2011 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks
    So, is anyone going to the Open House next week? I really want to go but I have no clue what to do to get there and stay there. I've never been far away from home by myself... Never been to Florida... Once I land, I don't know where and how I'm gonna stay for 3 days/2 nights, get to the open house (or get around places).I'm really on my own on this one can somebody give me advice? I'll be flying from NY

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catsmeow View Post
    So, is anyone going to the Open House next week? I really want to go but I have no clue what to do to get there and stay there. I've never been far away from home by myself... Never been to Florida... Once I land, I don't know where and how I'm gonna stay for 3 days/2 nights, get to the open house (or get around places).I'm really on my own on this one can somebody give me advice? I'll be flying from NY

My advice would be to find a hotel or motel that's affordable and close to the campus so you don't have to worry about paying more for transportation. If you have a friend who goes there and wouldn't mind you camping out in his or her dorm for a few days that would be ideal. Hopefully you're flying into the nearest airport to/in Sarasota! Again, if you have a friend who goes to Ringling they could possibly pick you up if they have a car, but if not, you can take a bus (AHH!!) or get a taxi. If I were you though, I would have had this figured out before I booked my flight asfkjh. Good luck! Tell us about it when you get backkk {:

Thanks
    catsmeow, if you need a hotel, I suggest La Quinta. It's within walking distance of the school (it's nearly right across from it). It's one of the cheaper hotels in the area, and in past years they used to run a special promotion for people visiting Ringling College. When you call, definitely ask about discounts for Ringling College visitors.

http://www.ringling.edu/SarasotaHotels.488.0.html

Luckily, Sarasota Airport (SRQ) is just a coupla miles from the school, so you should have little trouble getting to and from it. Food's also pretty accessible around Ringling. There are some fast food places (there's a Subway next to La Quinta), and if you want to try something different, you can ask the students on campus about local restaurants. Downtown's also within walking distance.

Thanks
    most hotels along the 41/Tamiami trail strip are fairly affordable for a few days stay. If you are looking for pretty cheap eats aaaand you want to possibly mingle with current Ringling students there is Big E's right across the street from campus, tons of Ringling students go there to eat and hang out, plus it's very cheap!

I'm a sophomore Illustration major btw, does anyone have any pressing questions I could answer?

Thanks
    Are there any intern opportunities with Illustration? How much Figure Drawing is there? Are there any free figure drawing nights at the school?

If I switch majors to Illustration, when would I get a response? Would it be around the same time as the CA/GD majors in Late February and early March?
    I'm also confused on the scholarships offered, is there only 1 scholarship? Or do they still give out normal merit scholarships?

Thanks
    Do not worry! there are plenty of intern opportunities with Illustration, Ringling is a part of College Central Network and I've seen quite a few internships on there. plus, the school has companies come to recruit students all the time for Illustration majors specifically-but in my experience when on-campus recruiters come they only seem to want juniors or seniors

as for switching to Ill...there is no real deadline to switch. I applied for Illustration at the 11th hour-portfolio and everything and got accepted I got my response back in about 2 weeks.

As for scholarships...from what my experience has been the school accepts all types of scholarships but gives out very few, I'm not sure about merit scholarships. I would try sites like fastweb.com and zinch.com and look for scholarships there-I only know of a few people that have scholarships from the school
    hope that helped

Thanks
    ah, DanialGlover I completely forgot, YES! you will get TONS of figure drawing experience at Ringling-especially in Illustration
    In Illustration figure drawing is required, for sophomores we have a year long figure drawing class, juniors have a year long figure painting class! as a freshman you get one semester of beginning figure.

there is also FEWS, Figure Enhancement Workshop-its almost every night after classes are done, it costs some money but it is totally worth it if you are serious about figure drawing, there is also Portrait Night-its very informal but students come and draw each other every Saturday night-its a lot of fun!

Thanks
    Hey nilaffle! I haven't seen you on here for awhile !
    Karen still talks about you in class as one of the best students she's seen in concept/prepro and how you got an internship, etc. ;D

Thanks
    Hello guys, I constantly read your posts even though I have never posted one before but I have to say this! the wait is killing me!!! and its finally mid february!

Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast