Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringling College of Art and Design 2011 hopefuls

Thanks
    It depends, Ringling is finicky with transfer credits. You can call up or email the registrar's office and they can provide you with a list of online colleges they'll accept credit from. You might also be able to read off the course description and they can tell you if it'll transfer or not.

Also, send an email to Patricia Handy. She's one of the Academic Advisors at Ringling and can probably answer those types of questions better than I can. Her address is phandy at ringling.edu.

Oh, I was a transfer student too . I took 3 years of college already and had only 39 credits transfer. Yeahhh...39 out of 96, not a very good number. I highly recommend taking some classes outside of Ringling though. The fewer classes you have, the less you'll have to worry about. Last thing you need is a paper due the same day as a major animation project .

And Hett...damn man. 7 of these threads you've been poking your head in. Just can't get away can you? . (btw, I met Hett on these very boards, graduated together and we still can't get away from each other )

Copperfire too! Lol...get back to work you! *whip crack* (I keep her in line lol). But yeah, I soooorta met copper on here too. And we're still really close even though I only knew her for a short year, *sniffles*.

It's true what Hett says, the people you meet here can be your friends for life. Work as hard as you can and get yourself noticed. Do us proud
    "So now we have modeled something that will get us nowhere in life"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to sula_nebouxi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    pfffft, telling me to get to work eh sula? ....
    Yes sir D:

Thanks
    it seems as though all of us this upcoming acceptance session are going to be Community College students. lol, i too am in CC, trying to raise my GPA and get the motivation and classes to help me make a better portfolio. I don't know though that i should be too concerned with transferring classes though. i don't want to take a class in CC, "get it out of the way", but only have a mediocre community college understanding of the information. i think i'd rather take a course twice, and make sure i have the information needed to progress in Ringling, rather than not know all the terms or have as good an understanding as some of my peers, but still have, on paper, a passing knowledge of the information.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sula_nebouxi View Post
    It depends, Ringling is finicky with transfer credits. You can call up or email the registrar's office and they can provide you with a list of online colleges they'll accept credit from. You might also be able to read off the course description and they can tell you if it'll transfer or not.

Also, send an email to Patricia Handy. She's one of the Academic Advisors at Ringling and can probably answer those types of questions better than I can. Her address is phandy at ringling.edu.

Oh, I was a transfer student too . I took 3 years of college already and had only 39 credits transfer. Yeahhh...39 out of 96, not a very good number. I highly recommend taking some classes outside of Ringling though. The fewer classes you have, the less you'll have to worry about. Last thing you need is a paper due the same day as a major animation project .

And Hett...damn man. 7 of these threads you've been poking your head in. Just can't get away can you? . (btw, I met Hett on these very boards, graduated together and we still can't get away from each other )

Copperfire too! Lol...get back to work you! *whip crack* (I keep her in line lol). But yeah, I soooorta met copper on here too. And we're still really close even though I only knew her for a short year, *sniffles*.

It's true what Hett says, the people you meet here can be your friends for life. Work as hard as you can and get yourself noticed. Do us proud
    Thankyou!
    =D I will e-mail her right away. I went to the orientation at my Comm. college today to learn how to sign up for classes. I ended up making an appointment with an advisor on the 4th because I have no idea what to sign up for. A friend of mine is doing the same thing which makes me feel a lot better.

Thanks
    Well Ill say my hi as well! A 2012 hopeful here sadly. And I as well am in the same boat as everyone. I will be starting freshmen c.c. this fall/spring to get some transfer credits and to materialize a gpa from thin air. That portfolio thing - ya...myself and I are going to have to work really hard to start producing the quality needed to advance here..so engaged.

But what you have read is true. If you stay here and we all help push each other acceptance is very possible and sometimes the scholarship winners are here as well!

Okay...off to find some references...my current sketchgroups are unreasonable lengths away and for the time being need to save the money and just reference. (2hrs in each direction 4 times a week is not reasonable...) 2400 miles a month is not reasonable..poor car. (i def have been doing this for a while..) That has to stop.

Bah. Okay..get working..yall..and start sketchbooks here if you have not/post blogs. Peace
    "If you want something. Go get it. Period."

Sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=151856&page=4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy22 View Post
    Bah. Okay..get working..yall..and start sketchbooks here if you have not/post blogs. Peace
    Yeah I really need to start one. I did awhile ago, but just completely abandoned it

Thanks
    Gabbyness i think you are the only one of the 3 or 4 of yall that actually made one..i was curious where i stood against yall but apparently no one has made one but you...which i bookmarked. =p

Get to it...Im slow on the posts atm..but will start uploading today and can count on daily posts...got to crack some whips and get myself going. =p

Thanks
    nooooo! don't look at that...darn now I'll actually have to update it...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy22 View Post
    Okay you.

Um - I can't judge your acrylics(?) posts because I have no understanding of color yet. I do see that throughout all entries there is a similarity...lack of anatomy and value(?) - lacking depth from dark to light...aka...its a grey sketch instead of 4 different levels of shading. Easy fix! We follow these anatomy books! and their free on the web! So print print print*! :: Bridgman's "Constructive Anatomy" http://www.scribd.com/doc/4461737/Co...eorge-Bridgman and Loomis "Drawing for all its worth" http://www.scribd.com/doc/2433658/An...-All-its-Worth I actually will be following this book http://www.scribd.com/doc/6641659/Th...mon-Nicolaides to learn eye-hand coordination along with line quality ...as I slowly progress through bridgman and loomis' books.

If you would like to do them along with me...I'm all for it. There is a girl here that progressed through the "natural way to draw.." who what got the presidential last year for computer animation? look into it...it will show you more along the lines of what youw ill be doing...at the end of that specific book is when the author wants you to start actually copying anatomy and learning bones/muscles...which by that time she was already about to start school. Line quality, proportion, flow, value is what I'm going to try for first...then slowly work specifics and color, perspective...

Get's a readin'... =)
    Left this on Gabbyness' sketchbook thread...if any care to follow along with for studies/etc let me know please. Thanks

Thanks
    Okay, Patricia Handy sent me this nifty page listing academic classes that are transferable to Ringling. It really helped. So far I am going to take oceanography, drawing I and US history. She said a totally of 10 academic classes are required for graduation at Ringling so I guess I will get 6 of those done this year and maybe more if I sign up for a summer semester at my comm. college.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
    Okay, Patricia Handy sent me this nifty page listing academic classes that are transferable to Ringling. It really helped. So far I am going to take oceanography, drawing I and US history. She said a totally of 10 academic classes are required for graduation at Ringling so I guess I will get 6 of those done this year and maybe more if I sign up for a summer semester at my comm. college.
    Could you send me the list? Or maybe post it here? I would be grateful .

Thanks
    You can add me to the accepted list lol

Super excited. Never looked forward to school work before

Thanks
    Ya same..interested in a list ..and

Heck Ya drd! I've been following you man..Love your stuff...i think i have the same interest..illustration right? I think i was looking at your blog today..you had some things you made for logos...all organic or soemthing..etc...

Gratz =)

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast