Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

This is a god damn roller coaster

So I've been watching these boards forever. Too long. Time attempt participation once again.

There are a kajillionbillions sketchbooks out there that I cannot even remember the names of but that I owe props to for inspiration. There are many others who I have reached 100 that are worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Philosiflo; May 20th, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philosiflo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Awesome. The toned paper drawings are sweet.
    "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasum." Cliff Blezenski

Thanks
    What i would suggest is gesture drawing. Observe (study) figure for 30s then draw it from memory in 30s to 3 min.
    Draw them every day.

Good luck

Thanks
    damn man, your drawings skills are already amazing
    just start make illustration and paintings you like to do and you'll improve in no time, keep it up!

Thanks
    Something about how you handled the tone on those first heads make them look exactly like textureless 3d models, but you didn't carry that to the skulls and I really like the first one.

The posemaniacs quickies look good, and the only thing I might bring up about the bottom piece is that maybe the division between demon-thing and human is a little stiff and jarring- incongruous, like they've been glued together. Would it look more natural if the human half followed through with the direction and gesture of the beasties spine? Just a thought.

Thanks
    Its been a long time since last summer when I posted. I moved to a new city and got set up and didn't know what to do. I studied a little anatomy, and took a couple of painting classes and started to learn color for the first time, and learned how much I didn't know about value.

I also took some figure drawing classes, and got a sweet new camera for Christmas as well as a shopping spree at an art store. I have no excuses left to "prepare" anymore. Its all been given to me.

I have promised everyone 100 paintings this year. 2 a week, 1 being from life, another from imagination, and reference building.

Here are some self portraits I did at the end of last year, and the final one was last night. I apologize if their a little big.

After so many I still don't know why I don't like them, any critiques would be auwesomeness.

Thanks
    Good luck with the super-thread! Off to a fun start on these.
    For the self portraits, I think you need to ugly yourself up a bit. Put a bit of flaw and texture in your skin, try and get some of the more subtle plane breaks in there. Unless you look like a china-doll in real life, and have perfect smooth flawless skin... If so - carry on, and what products do you use?

Thanks
    Great drawings here, post more often

Thanks
    Hello again, another week.

Some step by steps, a bougoureau study, dammit that guys' colors were subtle and intense. A work in progress called, "with sprinkles" and a detail shot.

@Rhubix - Thanks for the crit, I definately started to notice that too, I will try to work on that.

@in2eternity - Thanks a lot, will try to keep at it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,522 Times in 2,459 Posts
    man something already clicked, you drawings are wicked
    nice work
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Big goal! Thanks for sharing your journey! I think the "something" clicked is what Betty Edwards named "drawing on the right side of your brain" but on a higher level with understanding of how you take your concept of a subject to the brain of the viewer's and to trick his/her eye by faking 3D on 2D (faking because our brain thinks the rest and adds the illusion after understanding perspective, shadow and so on of the shown drawing/painting).

I think it won't take you 40 pages to make that moment happen. You're on a level, which contains many of the stuff, others (including myself) have to learn.

Keep on posting pencil pages, especially if you want to get on that pencil skill level of Algenpfleger. Rock on!

Thanks
    Fantastic portraits, those digitals rock.

Thanks
    Your art IS ALREADY very good. I went through your drawings and (ok, I am by myself a beginner, but) I am very sure, that the 'click' will come before reaching the magic 100 thread pages.

Keep up posting, go on! Steffen

Thanks
    Thanks everybody those are very kind words.

Here's another couple of studies from the past two days.

I have been drawing anatomy studies every day on loos leaf, I just dont have a scanner to add them to the fray since I moved. I was using the one at work . If I get one maybe I'll add them one day, but they are quite fast and loose and many mistakes.

Feel free to point out flaws or mistakes you see. It only helps me realize what I need to avoid when I'm working on the next one.

Also, I tried to make these all the same width, 1024 pixels. If you guys could let me know if that is too big or small, I was shooting for normal sized monitor viewing.

Thanks
    Here are some Velasquez Studies, with step by steps.

Heres to art

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast