Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: crawling out of the woodwork

Thanks
    looking schweet, but again those arms are at weird angles. maybe draw form life? get someone to pose for you or failing that, just stand up and find a comfortable pose yourself, that's what i do when i animate.

but seriously jealous i need some time off so i can get this kind of serious drawing done!
    Last edited by Oatestwder; July 22nd, 2010 at 07:37 AM.
    "Simon, believe in yourself. Not in the Simon that you believe in, and not in the Simon that I believe in either. Believe in the Simon who believes in you"
    - Kamina, Gurren Lagann

My Sketchbook
    My old Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice update. I definately know what you mean when you say that you have better drawing habits because of the sketchbook, it's very motivating to have one.

Wish I had something more constructive to say though, hmm.. keep drawing? :3

Thanks
    @Oatestwder - yea D: tried to focus on it today... still stiff but i had some epiphanies
    @Devrak - thank you! and yea i really hope i keep up this pace of work..

working on fluidity! (failing still). sketchbook pages, a face study, a REALLY BAD environment study (on that note, environment studies really frustrate me, because i don't know how to approach them at all), a movie still i sorta gave up on (pan's labyrinth), and a random digital sketch.

Thanks
    looking sweet again, but poses poses. I'm gonna keep saying it. try using a bigger brush on your digital portraits to define major differences in value and then move on to the smaller brush

btw thanks for that link but I'd say to be on the safe side probably remove the link now just in case the mods don't like it
    "Simon, believe in yourself. Not in the Simon that you believe in, and not in the Simon that I believe in either. Believe in the Simon who believes in you"
    - Kamina, Gurren Lagann

My Sketchbook
    My old Sketchbook

Thanks
    @Oatestwder - will do! @_@ ahh i always subconsciously avoid full figures because of inevitably awkward poses, need to fight that. and yep, deleted it. hope that link helps though, it's like my art lifesaver hehe

i woke up wayyyy late today as a result from sleeping way late last night. didn't get much done today, was watching movies
    i did a random sketch that i painted.. remembered how much i liked color LOL. so i went to go do a skintone study, learned a bit, going to dive back into it tomorrow. however, just mentioning... picking the right colors is really hard. i always end up with a pic that has a lot less contrast than the actual image.
    didn't scan today, only did some head studies from loomis though.

Thanks
    Holy cow I really love the animal studies and the last portrait! What I think you should try out (and I should do the opposite of that) is to draw people in different ages. It really broadens your backpack of facial structures. And some characters look a bit like they have a metal rod as a spine.

I think your linework is delicious!

Thanks
    my friend taught me stuff.... and now i am on the verge of actually working on something.. big? portfolio material?

although this is fun i definitely need to get back to fundamentals though, and do the gestures/ experimentation.... even my silhouettes look awkwardly posed.

Thanks
    from the last 2 days.
    i did a lot today :3

Thanks
    i hate filling out details on the attachment manager.

anyway
    figures from imagination, then did some from refs, then did some more from imagination to see if anything stuck. the ones marked NR are noreffed and the ones marked R are reffed, etcetc.
    tried doing environments again today, still not sure how to approach them but i guess at least i'm trying.... it'll hopefully get better after time. the one at the end is something from the head, looks very 2d lol. the reffed environments are 4min each, the other one is 10.

Thanks
    awww please give me some of your motivation and free time!!!! but still, figures very stiff. there is an improvement in some of them though, and your face's look wonderful!

as for the environments - I'll try to be constructive - its sort of obvious you really don't know what you painting, you don't understand how it works and that's why its hard to understand your environments. you are just painting what you see but not understanding it, I do it with people all the time, do you know what i mean? before you can paint landscapes you need to understand the principles like perspective, atmospheric perspective ho light travels through the atmosphere etc, I'm by no means an expert but i think its similar to anatomy, don't try and draw a person without understanding how to draw them.
    hope that doesn't sound condescending, I'm by no means an authority, just want to help

but seriously looking sweet!
    Last edited by Oatestwder; July 30th, 2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: spelling
    - Kamina, Gurren Lagann

My Sketchbook
    My old Sketchbook

Thanks
    thanks oates! :3 i did spend some time looking through the environmentoring threads here on cA and learned quite a bit...
    here's a slightly (just slightly) better one i did in 10 minutes or so, i hope it somewhat makes more sense although honestly i didn't put as much effort into it as i should have
    don't feel like scanning, resizing, and uploading sketchbook pages today, i'll be updating those tomorrow
    sigh why is anatomy such a constant struggle for me... and why are muscles so hard to conceptualize?

Thanks
    sketches from the last 3 days, might have missed uploading a few pages here and there
    oh and a scribble in photoshop for fun
    trying to break down the figure into basic shapes, it's actually harder than i thought it would be.
    lol i have too much material in this sketchbook page, checking it is like sloshing through mud
    too many pictures to loaddd

crawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodworkcrawling out of the woodwork
    Last edited by zzyzx; August 2nd, 2010 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks
    Tons of work and effort going on in your studies and in so little time. Fantastic.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast