Sketchbook: Ramin's SketchBook - Page 13
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, you've got better, keep going and try and maintain proportions when drawing, nice progression of shading quality though. Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook, appreciate it. Keep up the hard work man

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've made a big improvement since the first page of this sketchbook, keep up the studies man, you're doin great

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    awesome update ramin! i can see so much improvements especially in your perspective~

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good work and nice to see some perspective coming in. I want to see a self portrait next week.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Ramin! I looked through your sketchbook, really nice work, you put so much effort in you studies, that's great, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow you added some awesome stuff here since I last looked~ Major improvement!

I love those last pictures you posted, they look wicked~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet studies man! enviros are kicking ass!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    haha AWESOME WERK BROTHER I DIG THE STUDIES AN THE OCTOPUS AN THE STYLIZED CHARACHTER HALF IN POST 334

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, been a while since I've left a comment here. I've been checking back regularly,
    I just haven't had much to say, sorry

Your studies of hands, feet, and especially mannequins on the previous page were looking
    really good. I would recommend a lot more of that kind of thing. Getting the intuitive
    'sense of form' by drawing simple 3D shapes from all different angles is something that will
    always pay of big time, IMO.

On your perspective studies: Perspective is an absolutely key skill, but, beware getting
    too slowed down with rigorous painstaking calculation and line-tracing. Actual two-point
    perspective is primarily useful for environments and landscapes, for smaller things like
    characters the first skill you want to master is foreshortening.

Now, paying attention to dimunition and vanishing points is important, too, but you want
    it to be as simple and intuitive as possible, so as not to block the flow of your creative
    process. Work on sketching a series of thumbnails using different perspective schemes.
    Save the real detailed perspective rendering for a second stage: having chosen a good
    composition from your thumbnails, you can lay out a full-scale drawing, where it will be
    important to get all those details right, but you already have your ideas developed.

On your paintings: I recommend 1. focusing on values, rather than color, until you
    have really mastered your basic techniques such as brushwork. 2. Try doing some
    paintings using big, fat, bold, hard-edges brushtrokes, gradually building up your blending
    one stroke at a time, and carefully choosing a nice balance of hard and soft edges. Right
    now your paintings a have a tendency to be one big muddy dull-colored mass of softness.
    You need more contrast and variety.

Keep up the pace, man!

Last edited by BludHund; August 7th, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
    sketchbook...a kitten dies every time you don't comment

ďWhen forced to work within a strict framework,
    the imagination is taxed to its utmost Ė and will
    produce its richest ideas. Given total freedom,
    the work is likely to sprawl.Ē

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bludhund is right about the perspective things. But for quick studies I also suggest laying down a simple grid. Does not need to be anything fancy but to make sure you have the right angles. Gives a better result and better feeling.

A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didnīt come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    5 stars! Merry christmas! *****

MY DAILY SKETCHES

If you can read this, I gave you 5 stars

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, crazy improvement man.

One thing: Line of action. It will help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmiwGm32dXU

Check out force dynamics, it's an awesome book to help in figure drawing. Google images of preston blair line of action should provide some useful examples too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great progression through your pages, keep it up.

Freelance Artist Website : http://www.allyalbon.com

Blog : http://allyalbon.wordpress.com/

Black Cat Chronicles : Soul Thief now published
    http://aileenpettigrew.wordpress.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    definitely improving! great to see that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where u at man?

Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Stuff Man! Really cool to see you using the Gnomon Workshop DVD's GNomon is my dream school! Keep up the drawings man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was about to write some critical feedback but then I saw that Bludhund beat me to it

He's touched on all the things you need to focus on. I'll add this though, one thing that I noticed on your studies on the last page is that you'll do some studies and then render them as well. I would just focus on getting those basic shapes nailed. It's tedious work and some consider it "boring" but you have to nail your foundations if you want to take your art to the next level. So wait for the rendering till later (I know how tempting it can be to render, I did it all the time when I started out).

Good luck man, and keep pushing yourself!

ART. MORE. NOW.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ***answers to my page visitors***
    thank you all for visiting my page

Carlos-will's take care of proportions , got it .

Forrest_I

teapo must continue practicing perspective .

Black Spot self portrait ? hum ... let me think about it .

nixa i will try my best .

Pluscandy glad that you liked them .

tokotewhero well they are not the way they suppose to be yet .

SMILEFACE trying to have some sort of Style also .

BludHund wow, you left a lot of info in here , what you mean must mean to think about different things from different anles in 3d world , alright .understoon what you said about perspective and foreshortening , i am on it .focusing on values is important , but also must have fun with colors as well , also got what you said about having big muddy dull-colored mass of softness in those drawings .

bbwolf BludHund had good points , laying down a simple grid for quick studies ... OK .

Dark_Eyes Merry Christmas to you as well .

bobmeatbag Line of action and force dynamics book , good points .

AllyAlbon keeping it up .

aks9 glad you enjoyed .

PaintMyBrain what should i say .

Arteast sure , you too .

Mr.Pryminista Bludhund guidance is good , so what you say is render later after nailing foundations , and not get carried away by details .

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    it has been a while since i sent my last post , so many things was going on , but i am here again .
    i didn't stop drawing . more , less i was drawing . going to continue .

Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Last edited by raminafshari; January 11th, 2013 at 05:21 AM.
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first sketch and the guy with the shield are the most honest of the bunch. Unless you draw from real life, you'll never learn how form works and will only be an artist that copies pictures. A real artist innovates and is not a slave to reference. Show us you understand form by drawing from life - stop putting it off. We understand that it's hard and the results may not be great, but it's a start in the right direction.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,429 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Hello there my friend. You took six months off from posting, which is very ok, and can create positive
    outcomes in the near and far future. You have re-assessed your situation, got back to the drawing board,
    took a deep breath and made another approach. Cleary you've turned to better, and clearly more focused youíve
    became. I know, form life experience, pursuing art life beside a regular daily job is very hard, and
    dedication and steel strong will is required. So, what do I see, and what can I suggest? Remember there
    are much more skilled and better reviewers than I am, but I will try my best. Ok, the biggest issue, or
    one of the biggest issues that you have at this current moment, is that you still didnít mastered form,
    you didnít get that going from 2D flat to 3D feeling. All that you draw or paint is mostly flat, and miss
    depth, clearly a big sign that you donít understand form. Mrs. Black touched the same subject also, ok
    yes you have to draw from life. Cause referencing things from photographs is a whole different scenario.
    When you are referencing from real life, your mind is turning 3D to 2D, making a 3D illusion on paper.
    When you are referencing from photos, your mind should turn 2D to 3D, and then you turn it back again
    to 2D, with putting it down on paper. Well, lots of them, get lost here, and go straight from 2D to 2D,
    copying directly the lines and shapes as they are on the photo, totally leaving out the 3D part, which
    is most crucial in this story. So, by copying thousands of photographs, there will be still a huge chance
    that youíll never master form, and you never grasp understanding about three dimensional things. All
    your drawings and paintings will look flat. Thatís why they suggesting perspective studies, cause
    perspective is absolutely the base for everything, and for putting anything that could look nearly
    believable in 3D space, perspective is a must. You went further with the digital rendering technique
    than you should at this point. You rendered out the clothes, hair skin, shield and all that, but you
    neglected the very most important thing, the proportions of your subjects. You didnít learned the
    base proportions yet, you have to do more figure studies, the human figure is eight head high, crotch
    is the mid center of the character, you are doing some fundamental errors by drawing short legs, short
    arms etc. So, I have to tell you, with all best wishes and best will; go back to the basics. I think others
    told you this, but leave colors alone for now. Forget about them. Work only outlines, graphite pencil
    straight, draw simple objects from life, draw a chair for perspective, and work on all this even a year
    or two if needed. Cause if you donít do this Ďgo back to the basicsí step, then I have a feeling that
    you will be going round and round, not achieving very much. Hope that this wall of text have some
    sense. Sorry, I am also just self thought, and I want to help you as much I am able, and as much as
    my current skills and abilities allow. So graphite pencil, clean paper, life subjects, simple things,
    cups, mugs, ashtrays, mobile phones, lighters, bottles, windows, doors, draw them as you see them,
    capture the outlines, no shading needed for start. Thatís my suggestion. Hope that more of them will
    come and share some useful thoughts and feedbacks. Go visit other members sketchbook, leave a
    comment, ask their help, and they will surely be willing to visit your diary also, and help you out
    with some helpful hints. We'll, talk later, and till our next meeting, be good, and draw a lot.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Black Spot the guy with the shield was almost a concept although used a few references but you might be able to call it a concept . you are correct about drawing from life and explore , copying have his own benefits but i shouldn't relay on that so much .

LtPlissken wow such a long text you left me here . you are right about that flat look . leave colors behind , practice perspective and fundamentals , i got what you said .
    studies about horse .

On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude nice horse anatomy studies, my only suggestin is to keep trying to think about the planes of the object you are drawing and try to describe them in some way

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Ramin, those are pretty sweet horses! I can tell you've worked hard on them.

Like LtPlissken said though, do the basics first - simple objects and studies from life. You don't need anything fancy - just take a desk lamp and a simple object, a ping pong ball, a wooden block, or an egg or a lego brick, and draw that. Learning to translate 3D to 2D will help you a lot. Another thing that will help is learning more shading techniques. Really push your values, make the darks really dark and the lights really light.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Again light is all. On the last 2 drawings think where the light is coming from and how it shapes what you are trying to draw. The above exercise must be done if you are ever to grasp this. We only see reflected light and this is what you need to learn. It's so much easier learning from life. You keep hearing this and will keep hearing this until the penny drops and you understand the importance of it all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was in tehran two years back for a few days. I came from Pakistan. Its such a cool city.
    also went to esphahan, mashad and qum.

about your art,
    you're progressing pretty good. There are some really good art schools in Iran, why dont you join them?
    draw lots of hands. draw your own hands alot. your drawing will get much better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Alex Eh yes it took a lot of time , what you are saying is to try understand shapes i suppose . i will try to remember that.

crossmirage the image that you have uploaded is nice , but there is something wrong in it and that is using wrist while holding pencil , artists mostly avoid such a thing.

Black Spot to pay more attention to where is the light source and how it hits the surface of the objects , and also other kinds of lights , i will try my best.

kasblue i will keep that in mind.
    well well well , yes it has been a while since i haven't been here ( again ) , i was practicing
    and here are some old stuff that i wanted to upload long ago . studies about fox.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Ramin, the wrist thing isn't a hard rule I think, it's just that using your wrist too much is bad for you. I use my wrist a lot and I find that it gives me better control over small strokes.

The studies are looking good, the sitting fox looks especially nice and fluffy. I think there are more efficient ways you could use to render or suggest fur though, like what this drawing does:

Alternatively, if you want something more realistic, try something like this:

Keep drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates here, really enjoy your use of shading and values in particular. Try to focus a bit more on the proportions of your figures. Keep it going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice! the last one in #388 is really great!

I draw on paper I stole from school.

sketchbook | deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a pretty good sense of values but definitely keep an eye on those proportions. i would also try and find some new ways of rendering, experiment a bit and see what you are comfortable with. anyways good stuff!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4