Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey keep up the good work.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha oh a hat well stop erasing stuf! nice studies and ur digital work is getting alot better. great job

Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good bunch of studies here, great job. My suggestion, try to balance between studies from observation and your own imagination ones, just to check your progress.
    Keep doing good Ramin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more more MORE!! I would like to see some colorstudies/stilllife paintings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! How are you doing? I can tell your making good progress! Keep doing these studies, they will continue to pay off!

"Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city."
    Sketchbook】【Blog】【Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You seem to be doing all the right things when it comes to studies and you have some neat ideas in your imaginative work. I don’t know what else to ad that hasn’t already been said at this stage. Keep up the hard work and it will continue to pay off.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates you have!
    About lines: they usually thick when in shadow and thin in the light, also generally they more soft when away from us... Just keep experiment )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ***answers to my page visitors***
    thank you all for visiting my page

teapo i looked at those books they are good and have some interesting stuff .

Satupeikko .

PaintMyBrain i hope to do better than that by passing each day.

Ricardo Robles what you just said is really important and i will try to keep that in my mind .

DStraX .

whisper_wm i will try my best .

Bergulf i believe one of the most important part of our progress is studying in a right way .

in2eternity i will keep that in my mind .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    in past a few days i did some studies about cows , bulls and such .
    some of these are from my mind and some of them i used reference , i experienced using references in correct way can be really useful .

Attached Images Attached Images          
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For post 270, the Jackal study, remember that the bones are not ALL that make up the Jackal's anatomy. There is muscle and fat and bulky layers of fur that also compose the animal. For example, the neck should look bulkier because of the ruff of fur along it's neck, the back of the hind legs should be more thick with the powerful muscles that compose a canine's hind leg and allow it to run and jump so fast, and so forth.

Keep going with these studies! You can do it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow you've been working really hard man, but i think that you've benefited most of all from your life studies. Try to steer away from using photos they can limit your ability to draw proportions better. Keep up the hard work!

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” Albert Einstein
    CLICK ME!!! My "Baby Soft" NEW SKETCHBOOK
    MAYBE ME? My "Humble Beginnings"
    Facebook & Google+ Friends? Yeah you want to be friends
    Email: mail@jeremyswann.com
    Blog: www.jeremyswann.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ramin, keep up these good work ethics.

One thing.

I see in your still life's many objects, focus down to one perfect object. Its all about learning to "see" correctly. You are naturally getting better over these past ten pages. Perhaps try this.

Take one drawing, maybe from anatomy book or a picture of a still life. Draw one part of that drawing. An Arm, or a leg, or a hand. or a skull, or if its a still life, just one object, the coffee cup, the orange, the banana, the onion.

Take 1.5 to 2 hours to draw. Really slow down. Some of your drawings look very rushed or hurried to get done. Don't worry about time on this one. Use pencil and paper on this one. Don't stop until it looks exactly like it.

If you messed up, start over, there are no art police but you. You get better once you are the one who can say, "there is nothing more to fix on this picture." Maybe try a few of these.

When you start looking for you own mistakes and become a better problem solver you will become a better artist.

One Luv

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi Raminafshari

Thanks for your comments dude, that's very kind of you
    I love your studies that you do, thumbnails and colours very cool.
    Love the caveman. Keep posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Ramin you're making good progress I really like this last beasty, looks good. Well done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks good but as Philosiflo says. take your time, quality over quantity

Where bears with balalaykas are on the Red Square
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep practicing mate. Spend some time to learn 1-point 2-point perspective rules. Also - more anatomy studies. If you have problems with proportions and poses try to imagine figure as a complex of a simples shapes, like cubes and spheres. Maybe that will help. Cya.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good too see u drawing many diffrent things .

ah how do u controll ur inside then ?? cause i don't got a feking clue how to .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great studies ramin! i see that you're still exploring different subject matters which is still good! would like to see the life studies coming back again :3 i'll try to be on MSN this weekend

keep at it!

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The cow study looks fun to do. Watch out for the overall shape of the cow. The front view shows it being very bulkly in muscle. Cows do have quite a bit muscle on average, but not to that extent.

I do like the design for the imaginative beast. Keep going.

--------------------------------------------
    "It's pointless to hate people . . ." - Gale from Digital Devil Saga 2

CA Sketchbook | CGHub Gallery | Portfolio

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Philosiflo about slowing down. You need to really study an object and draw it as accurately as you can. You've seen the Brague studies I've done; the langest I've spent is 6 hours on one, and you're supposed to take 30 to get it 100% correct. It's not easy to slow down when you want to explore everything.

The one thing with the animals made after the cows is the position of the legs. Watch how animals move. At the moment you have the two from the left side in the air - it'll fall over it they were real.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ***answers to my page visitors***
    thank you all for visiting my page

Featheredface i know first are bones then muscles and then other stuff . since i couldn't find a reference in that moment for jackal muscles i tried to guess them from some photos , i do more researches about animals anatomy , you are correct about those errors in that study .

Jeremy Swan i sure do more life drawings later they are so useful , at this point i am focused on something else .

Philosiflo i took your advice , i will do that after my current studies .

Dazzamataz cheers .

Marian Rowling .

DStraX quantity comes first , i got it .

Seraph Fawkes hum , OK , i will remember what you said .

oma I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control what goes on inside .

teapo sometimes mind needs to rest and since i dont like to stop then i change subject and experience different stuffs also . i will do life studies later after my current studies .

orochigenocide maybe you are right about the size of muscles .

Black Spot you are absutly right , OK , i understood all you said .

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    studies i did about fishes , used some reference also .

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by raminafshari; March 20th, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raminafshari For This Useful Post:

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice studies on those shark tails. Its great to go species specific to try and identify certain features.

Good stuff

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can definitely tell you've been working hard, you are really improving! keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mate thanks for looking at my sketchbook, Ive just looked through all of yours. You can tell that your working hard as theres some clear progress keep it up, arts just one of the those skills where you have to practice every single day to get better at it.

As for specific comments, for the anatomy try to think about the forms, and the underlying structure before you worry about placing the muscles etc.
    Try finding one structure building technique that works for you, mines sort of a mish mash of the reilly method and vilpuu for instance.

Then just practice it until you feel comfortable, draw the structures at different angles, views, over the top of figures, draw them interacting, and so on.

Then get an anatomy book and focus on one part of the body, laying in your construction lines, the bones with the muscles on them, the muscles by them self etc. Then just keep drawing them over and over until you feel comfortable, and repeat this with all the other limbs, areas of the body etc.

Dont get discouraged if the drawing doesnt turn out how you want, just look at why it didnt work, really take a step back and anaylse what you have done wrong, or what you think you can improve and then attempt that in the next drawing.

If you arent already, it is really worth investing in lifedrawing lessons, they are a great place to practice drawing and someone will be on hand to guide you. Also go to coffee shops and just sit and draw, if you have friends that like drawing its a great social activity to do and great practice.

Draw your arms, hands, get a mirror and do a self portrait etc. Spend 2 minutes on some drawings ive spent an hour just doing 1 minute drawings before you will be surprised how much you learn if you do this everyday, 5 on the next, try 30 minute drawings etc

For enviroments, and animals, etc keep up with using photographs to study, if you can go out and find these things to draw from life. The reason everyone says things like this is due to how the picture is essentially what the camera sees when you take the picture, alot of small things like subtle curbs, receding shapes, and so on, some times do not show up in pictures, moreover a lot of reference photos are touched up so your not get getting a realistic impression of what colours are in the skin, how a person looks, and so on.

Heres a couple of links that are really helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CGArtSuccess some digital painting tutorials, and also the only video ive been able to find on someone showing the reilly method of construction. This is his website: http://www.freshdesigner.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveRapoza He has tons of youtube videos showing his techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vilppustore theres a bunch of advice if you sift through the videos on anatomy and vilppus techinique.

http://www.fineart.sk/ All of the andrew loomis books are on this site and theres lots of anatomy pictures aimed at artists.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bugmeyer These tutorials are some very basic functions in photoshop and how to apply them to painting but they are essential to learn if you are serious about doing digital.

Heres a bunch of other tutorials. Im in a bit of a rush so im afraid I cant give descriptions for all of them but they are all very helpful, especially fengzhus and Daarkens youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/daarken#play/all
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MikeCorriero
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/matthew39arch

Also try getting copys of george bridgemens constructive anatomy, and any of his other books. Alot of them are available as pdfs. They are a great resource.

Anyway hope you find all that useful. keep up the hard work, it will pay off

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey ramin,

thanks for stopping by my sb again! really appreciate it!

wow, so many studies man. this is a good work ethic! but I totally agree with Philosiflo! take time to "look" closely at your objects and then draw. sure, you have to draw many things to learn to draw and you even HAVE to do mistakes. but once in a while you should take your time and just look. what material is your object of? where is the light? where are the shadow parts? what colors does it have? how does it feel (hard, soft... etc.)? those things are important to transport your object in a realistic way to paper. your drawings doesn't have to be ready in a minute, don't get yourself under pressur. good work needs time!

ramin, you're doing very fine! just keep going on, draw, draw, look and draw!

cheers,
    rebecca

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    dude your rendering has gotten a whole lot better and i enjoy the shark in the first image-- great foreshortening!

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice shark sketch, looks like its gonna eat me ha ha. and your rendering in that sea creature is a big improvement keep it up.

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” Albert Einstein
    CLICK ME!!! My "Baby Soft" NEW SKETCHBOOK
    MAYBE ME? My "Humble Beginnings"
    Facebook & Google+ Friends? Yeah you want to be friends
    Email: mail@jeremyswann.com
    Blog: www.jeremyswann.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ramin wow! sorry for being lazy. Ur last stuf is amazing. I am so happy u have dveloped so much the last time. The shark is awesome! Cool u are both going digital and traditional. keep up the good work m8!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook ! Cool to see also animal studies. Keep progressing, but I'm sure you will !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    man thank you for your nice comment in my SB! ^^

so long
    Seb

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GREAT studies my friend! Also liking the bull concept. Keep it going!

Thanks for dropping by!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4