Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistoau View Post
    Riiiiiighhhttoooo... so anywho it's about 4am (again) sigh.... But yeah i'm pretty much done with this one. Just one question. With or without birds?
    I know it's only a small thing but i think my brain is too fried to figure out which actually looks right lol....
    hmm.. i think without birds, cos it looks like ur trying to portray a night scene so it makes the birds look out of place, maybe an owl would work?

@Vaejoun : yea ur right thats y im trying to put all my effort in this holiday, i got 2 months till university starts so trying to soak up as much as i can, get a headstart.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Mephistoau: Nice transition from happy to dark, I think the balloons are a little unnecessary and distracting. I think the birds are ok but put them on both sides of the picture so its not as weighted to one side. Also it might be a little more interesting if we saw a figure walking down the path or something

Vaejoun: definitely nailed the color and mood, the composition i think needs a little bit of work but I'm not sure how to fix it. My eye keeps going off the right side of the picture since there is nothing containing that bright green. Maybe if you added a few more trees running off the right side that would help.

Rusty: digging the upward angle and composition. Are those flamingos or some other creature? Can't wait to see where it goes

RichLyons: as others have said very impressive amount of detail, great colors and mood too

no_name_brand: Very nice image, love the idea of the racing hovercraft vehicles. I think the car closest too us with all the blur could be a little less blurry and maybe darken it a little so it comes forward more.

I think this is just about done, debating whether i should leave the horse as is or put a guy on him, I'm kinda liking just the horse though

EOW 146 Into the woods

Thanks
    @ Mussy and Howie

Thanks for your input guys, very much appreciated. I've ended up keeping the birds (although only on the one side as i tend to see it as a counter balance for the balloons). Probably would have added a figure from your suggestion Howie but i don't have time haha, and i don't want it to look half assed. But thanks again, was very constructive. I'll just wait for the final burning thread to post

Thanks
    May have lost my way a little,,, trying to an a little buddy story between a giant and his school pal,,,
    I have been using a combination of mashing in photos and painting in details,

No name brand - thanks for the ace feed back mate.

Thanks
    @RichLyons:
    My impression is:
    Nature works better without humans, but maybe I just dont like big, fat, school-giants.

Maybe a little nasty creature observing the kids would make it more interesting since it could imply that something might happen. (Only an idea)

Thanks
    You should put a fork and knife in the big kids hands. Dinnertime?

Thanks
    @Vaejoun: Really good use of light, I like the large leaning tree in the background.

@Howie: Love the abstract style, although the horse looks more rendered than the woodland. How about a stag instead?

@RichLyons: I prefer the piece without the figures.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gibbons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Howie:
    Thanks, you are right. I added a couple of thin trees to stop the eye there.

Lyons:
    The idea of a character or a story is nice, but the giant totally pulls all the attention away from the nice envi. So I would go for something different, something smaller ^^
    How are you doing this light spots on the trees and the boy ? When I try to achieve that effect it just looks as if I had attached a big color blop to it. ^^°

Gibbons:
    Thanks, I hope it looks as big as I want it to. ^^

This weekly really gave me a lot.
    I will definately do this more often from now on. I want to get a little more realistic flair, my pics tend to get too flashy.

Heres my actual step, getting close to finnished. What do you think ?

Thanks
    didnt had time to work on this...hope i can finish it in time....
    Nobody`s going to care how much you can think outside the box if you can`t color inside the lines

Thanks
    Man, 109# update is mind blowing. Combining almost two different styles (naturalistic forest/ cartoonish char) is awesome there. MORE!

Thanks
    @Vaejoun: looking sweet. Are those red eyes to the left of the image? If so I think you should detail this area a tad more, to show the hunters being watched.

Thanks
    Rusty, Vaejoun, RichLyons, Howie, no_name_brand, Nice entries! Scared to post mine. Here is what I have so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 271 Posts
    Last update before final.

no_name_brand, RichLyons, Vaejoun, Howie, interesting seeing the different approaches and styles, all wicked in their own unique way

~J

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    why do i always have to start in black and white?...adding color on a b/w piece gives me headaches.......anyway i`ll take a break from it dont like where i`m going with this piece of....
    Nobody`s going to care how much you can think outside the box if you can`t color inside the lines

Thanks
    @Beelow: great perspective on the gateway.

@Rusty: I love the density of the foilage in the trees.

@Pacha: I think it looks fine mate, the stone steps in the lower left corner really catch my eye.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast