Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks

more WIP

Here is where I'm at. I'll put it away for a couple of days and see how it looks then. any crits are welcome.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    "the Hispanic mechanic?"

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    no_name_brand: That's tight, tight I tell you! Good stuff!.
    Time for the Finals threads to go up!

Thanks
    @no_name_brand - wow! awesome effect of space, love the dynamic quality! just asking, did you try showing the vehicles going away from the viewer?

Thanks
    beautiful stuff in here, here's where I'm at ... I wanna have something going on just havn't decided what yet
    EOW 146 Into the woods

Thanks
    Heres where I am. I'm not happy with the left hand side of the painting, hmmm...

Shall come back to tomorrow with fresh eyes.

EOW 146 Into the woods

Beelow - Oh yeah! My mistake!

Thanks

ahoy

No Name Brand, looking shweet mate.

Heres another wip,,, kinda lost atm, will have another crack before I post final. It really needs something in the middle clearing area, stone structure covered in moss,, or something. I'll go have a think about it.
    Feed back welcome.

Cheers Rich

Thanks
    @ RichLyons
    I honestly had a mini freakout when i saw that update man, that's pretty epic. The lighting is absolutely stunning. My only crit would be whatever stone object it looks like you're placing in front of that tree - i would probably move it around more to the left. At the moment it seems like it's going to be too distracting.

But seriously man... wow o_0

**Edit: oh and i'm loving the almost comic book feel it has to it. Nuff gushing i'm done. Lol.

**Edit #2: Figured may as well just dump my update in here. Just been fiddling with colours and what not trying to keep the feeling of the piece relatively light
    Last edited by Mephistoau; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks
    RichLyons:

Thats so cool. Did you use some photo-pieces for the detailed leaf parts ? Or is it all purely hand painted. If so you deserve even more respect.

I totally need to train on envis too. Always avoided that topic ^^° Lets see what I can pull out of the hat.

Thanks
    Don't have a update today thanks for the comments though.

dragon4lunch Thanks man, Looking forward to seeing yours as well.

VishvaTKH Thanks, I actually blocked them in going away. However I thought that the engine at the back became too much of a focal point and I lost where I wanted the eye to go. I also liked the look of them coming at you.

Howie I like your colour a lot. I also like how loose it feels. If you put some detail in the focal point, and a little in the foreground, and leave rest as is (don't know if that's what your going for) it will look pretty cool. A lot of people, including myself over work things because we think unimportant areas are important in the final. looking real good.

xLouisax I like the depth in your a lot perhaps over lap the branch over the tree on the left. right now it's to perfect of a spacing. also watch lighting the tree on the left is light form both sides as well as the trunk on the right corner. if you want bounce light, make it blue that may work better.

Rich looking awesome man the detail is insane in the foreground. it looks real deep too nice depth. watch the focal point, right now it's kind of the tree trunk on the right. If you put a figure in the patch of light as oppose to in the shadows I think that will become the focal point. Awesome man

Mephistoau I like your colours a lot feels like Halloween. Small critic. I don't think you have to have the leaves on the left light. I think if you knocked them back it'l give the picture more depth. right now it's grabbing to much attention. looking good though.
    Last edited by no_name_brand; July 22nd, 2010 at 07:08 AM.
    "the Hispanic mechanic?"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to no_name_brand For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Arrow

Lets see: For the start I looked for some nice photos to get at least a small idea what I want to do and then made some scribbles.

I would like to show a group of people walking into the forest, not on a way but through high grass, like in the 2nd photo from the left.

Because this is my first eow I would appreciate all kind of hints, tipps and crits.

EDIT:
    I went for the bottom left tumb. After some working on it it went more to the edge of the forest than it appears in the first sketch.
    Heres where I am so far, still experimenting on it of course, but I have the feeling that I am already over the top with the saturation. ^^°
    Last edited by Vaejoun; July 22nd, 2010 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 271 Posts
    Still pretty rough atm but another day should sharpen it up.

~J

Thanks
    @no_name_brand: Nice composition, perhaps a slight amount of the blue vehicle lighting on the underside of the fallen tree?

@RichLyons: looking very cool, especially the details in the tree stump.

@Mephisto: Great style that would look perfect in a childrens book, are you going to add any figures or critters?

@Android411: Very eerie, I really like the strong green wash

@Absorber: Great scale, those are serious trees!

@VishvaTKH: Hats of to you for your first watercolour! looking great.

@Dragon4lunch: I really love the sense of motion in your image.

pretty much finished with my piece.
    Last edited by Jon Gibbons; July 23rd, 2010 at 05:08 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gibbons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    wow some very inspiring work here, im a beginner and im just getting into painting digitally, and i think from the sketches upto the final pieces everything is wicked!.. hopefully i'll be able to maintain this quality of work some day, im aiming to be an enviromental painter too... but yea just thought ill say how inspiring this stuff is..

one day ill be posting my entry too! any tips guys? thanks!.. now back to painting some apples

Thanks
    @Rusty:
    I admire your consistant stile, you could just take your Gaia-chow and put it in there and it would work.

@Gibbons:
    I love the little blue flowers near the way, they just catched my eye ^^

@Mussy: Sadly theres no shortcut, but trying things out and pushing yourself is helpfull. I messed up a lot of pics because I was just too lazy too work harder on them ^^° Just keep painting and get crits from more experienced artists.

Ok, my own again. I am making progress, this one took by far less tries to get the color and mood right then on my last pics.

Thanks
    Riiiiiighhhttoooo... so anywho it's about 4am (again) sigh.... But yeah i'm pretty much done with this one. Just one question. With or without birds?
    I know it's only a small thing but i think my brain is too fried to figure out which actually looks right lol....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast