Recommend Schools with an Illustration program
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Recommend Schools with an Illustration program

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow Recommend Schools with an Illustration program

Looking and canvasing through a few potential Illustration schools for next year. I'm leaning towards Art Center College of Design and Californa College for the Arts..
    Please suggest schools and if you attend these schools please say something about them as well. \

<edit>
    can anyone give me feedback from AAU (Academy of Art University) on campus experience, as well as online programs (specifically illustration)?
    If you took the online program, did you find it helpful or just a waste of money?

Last edited by carriejo; July 24th, 2010 at 06:23 AM.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. " -Albert Einstein

Please check out my Sketch blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

TROGLODYTE is offline 4th Yr Illustration - Ringling College Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I attend Ringling College in Sarasota, FL. Entering 3rd year next month. Just plain excellent all around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SVA has some really really strong illustration faculty to learn from.

here are some of my favorite faculty websites:
    http://www.yukoart.com/
    http://www.fineartportrait.com/
    http://www.stevenassael.com/
    http://www.thanuka.com/
    http://www.shannonassociates.com/art...=tristanelwell

I went there last year for computer art and ended up dropping out, wishing i'd been in the illustration department. If you have the money and the opportunity, go to SVA illustration and take the honors humanities courses. The head of the honors department is a really fantastic guy and he will do all he can to make your education perfect for you. Plus he teaches a kick-ass philosophy class to honors freshman

Or I guess I should say this: SVA Illustration seems to be a safe-haven for some artists that you wouldnt expect to see in any degree program. Steven Assael and Marvin Mattelson I would expect in Ateliers, not a BFA.

I've heard really good things about a lot of illustration schools: ringling and RISD to name a few, but I know to reccomend SVA.

good luck with your search!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks anymore answers would be welcomed :

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. " -Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you want a list of good illustration schools, just look through the archives of this forum. If you want more specific, personal advice, you'll have to post what you want in a school besides having a strong illustration program.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    can anyone give me feedback from AAU (Academy of Art University) on campus experience, as well as online programs (specifically illustration)?
    If you took the online program, did you find it helpful or just a waste of money?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by carriejo View Post
    Do a google search for "site:conceptart.org Academy of Art." There has been quite a bit of discussion about it over the years.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.