Photoshop CS5 memory leak?

Is anyone else having problems with RAM in PSCS5?

I was just working on a painting at 2690x2201 at 300 DPI, with 14 layers(4 of which are adjustments). I haven't had any problems with my Photoshop, even though I haven't really worked on something this big before. I disabled pretty much every brush set, gradient set,etc. etc. from loading with Photoshop. I only use the tool bar and layers window, no Navigator or Color Palette. I don't have many brushes that are over 200 pixels. All of these changes has kept me running smooth in the past, even in CS2 with 1GB.

I have 5GB of RAM, dual-core 2.66GHz processor, and Photoshop is set to use 84%, yet I'm using 4.42GB with this painting open. Even when I close the painting, but leave photoshop open, I'm still using over 4GB for no reason. I'm monitoring Task Manager as I type this and nothing else is even close to using 1GB of RAM. Shouldn't Photoshop at least free up some RAM when the painting is closed?

EDIT: I also have the cache level set at 8, the highest. Cache tile size is 1024K, second from the highest. Only 10 history states.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member

Thanks for the link.

I guess I'll have to wait for a patch or something. I updated it last night and tried again and I watched Photoshop go up to 600MB just from opening the file. I guess it would have grown in size if I started painting more, but again, the file size didn't decrease when I closed the painting.