Photoshop CS5 memory leak?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Photoshop CS5 memory leak?

Is anyone else having problems with RAM in PSCS5?

I was just working on a painting at 2690x2201 at 300 DPI, with 14 layers(4 of which are adjustments). I haven't had any problems with my Photoshop, even though I haven't really worked on something this big before. I disabled pretty much every brush set, gradient set,etc. etc. from loading with Photoshop. I only use the tool bar and layers window, no Navigator or Color Palette. I don't have many brushes that are over 200 pixels. All of these changes has kept me running smooth in the past, even in CS2 with 1GB.

I have 5GB of RAM, dual-core 2.66GHz processor, and Photoshop is set to use 84%, yet I'm using 4.42GB with this painting open. Even when I close the painting, but leave photoshop open, I'm still using over 4GB for no reason. I'm monitoring Task Manager as I type this and nothing else is even close to using 1GB of RAM. Shouldn't Photoshop at least free up some RAM when the painting is closed?

EDIT: I also have the cache level set at 8, the highest. Cache tile size is 1024K, second from the highest. Only 10 history states.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the link.

I guess I'll have to wait for a patch or something. I updated it last night and tried again and I watched Photoshop go up to 600MB just from opening the file. I guess it would have grown in size if I started painting more, but again, the file size didn't decrease when I closed the painting.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.