Help with finding a school(Toronto area)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Help with finding a school(Toronto area)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Help with finding a school(Toronto area)

Hi, I'm new to drawing. I've never taken art courses in high school but have taught myself from reading books at home for the past year or so. I would like to know if anyone can recommend a college in the Toronto area that I can go to, to get professional training.

I've been looking at a course at George Brown called "Art and Design Foundation Program" Course code:G108, but I don't know if that's the best course to take in my current situation. I am worried that I'll be put into a course where the teacher expects you to draw well from the start. I see the requirements for this course is only a high school diploma so I think I'll be fine taking this course at George Brown. Is there another college that also offer courses in drawing, for beginners?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Fire Dragon. The schools I know of in the Toronto area that have programs like you say are, Sheridan's Fundamental art program as well the Academy of Realist Art. I have heard many good things about both programs.

Both accept artists of any level and both will help you build your basic drawing skills.

Hear is a link to threads that are on Conceptart.org about the said schools.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13760

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59275

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I took a two week workshop at the Academy of Realist art and it was an amazing experience. They have very flexible hours and costs. I would really recommend going for a tour and see what the program is all about.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Thanks for the info

I've looked at the two schools and I'm liking the programs offered. The Academy of Realist Art is closer to me, so if I were to choose that, then my expenses will be lower. I guess the George Brown Course I mentioned isn't all that great? Oh well, I'll definitely visit the two schools mentioned to see which is better for my situation. Thanks for all your help, I have never heard of the ARA before, so the information you provided is much appreciated.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.