Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Your work is strong, and i take it your studying some form of art too by the sounds of it?
    not quite sure i like the over analising of your own work, i admit it can be a good way to learn, but i dont know if its the best option for you as such!
    i just found in the first few pages more loose drawings, seemed more exciting than your more recent stuff. just a thought :] keep up the work tho!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Awesome , you did a great work at the environment in post #154

Thanks
    qlotzan Really? I'm sticking too rigidly to proportion guides then...
    Providenc wow I never thought about that before. I don't really feel too 'tight' though :/ but you are right, the enjoyment factor has gone down a little when i draw.
    Marlee thanks for the advice!
    Everyone else Thanks for stopping by

===

little blobby today. I love this, it's so cute. Really quick photoshop doodle with the school's gigantic intuos (the kind with the screen as tablet). This one has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity yet it feels a hundred times smoother than my new intuos4 (2048 levels)...not sure why. Have to muck around in the settings a little.
    Sketchbook

NaidyBlack SpotEyestrainVK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Thanked 2,801 Times in 2,521 Posts

Little blobby - simply wonderful.
    Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Thanks.

===

Sorry no drawing today, haven't had time to scan my notes. Anyway I am currently torn between two ideas for my coursework. Idea A is more 'normal', illustration and books and stuff - good for showing off technical chops. Idea B is a bit more experimental, involves film (cameras) but due to the nature of the installation I have in mind it won't "do my skills justice" (as a friend put it). Help please. Need to choose one really soon or I will never start on my coursework and subsequently neglect my studies while trying to make up for lost time. I like both ideas equally.
    Sketchbook

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    'Help please. Need to choose one really soon or I will never start on my coursework and subsequently neglect my studies while trying to make up for lost time. I like both ideas equally. '

hello :-),

not sure about the context or your particular situation, but i would say that you're probably not 100% ready to display your drawing skills just yet, unless you go for something that isn't too ambitious. personally it depends on your own confidence.. you should have a gut feeling about which is the best to choose.

good stuff anyway. keep plugging away - it takes ages, i know..
    my collaborative

join to me to make beautiful drawings.

Thanks
    your photo studies looks good .
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Thanks
    I like your pen drawings! And the blobby is cool too. Keep it up, you've got some neat stuff going on.

Thanks
    Everyone thanks
    Almost immediately after posting that I picked idea B.
    ===
    In school now, which means a scanner and an essay test tomorrow. Am going to try just understanding and not memorizing the notes for this test - don't think it will result in a good grade though. It's ridiculous how Economics is graded here...also, 800+ words in 45 minutes? That's insanity!
    ===
    doodles on my notes:
    1. Disney-inspired girl (uploaded it after 4, sorry)
    2. umm...this one looks pretty weird
    3. based off a split-second glance at my friend
    4. ???
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Learning to draw
    ^ quick piccy posted in featheredface's sb
    ===
    computing assignment+quiz+presentation due tomorrow, interview on monday, general paper essay to write first thing in the morning...

my brother is hitting my piano! and he doesn't want to stop!

my pianooooo T_T
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey Krysjez, Thanks for posting here. I think that the most skill a young artist can develop is excitement and passion for making art. Studies are definitely good and I can already see improvement. But one thing I can tell you from personal experience is to not let art become a chore. Always make it fun.
    For Science- Sketchbook!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ForScience For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    good studies , i see you are working hard , #4 drawing in post #176 is so cool and familiar .
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Thanks
    1. sort of looks like someone I know...
    2. some random
    3. entry for contest, painted over photo
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    read through the Hunger Games trilogy yesterday instead of...I dunno. Wrote two essays today though. Standard econs ones, but still.

I've somehow managed to win myself two book prizes from the school. It's quite ironic, since my test results aren't all that fab right now. Still, math is just like drawing, and if I practice enough these two weeks I should be able to do all right in my upcoming exams. There's a general paper one this Friday, then a week of school holidays (just a study break really)

It's terrifying to think I'll be taking A levels this year! And I'll have to magic my art skills up by October if I want to send in Art Supplements for uni applications in time. Maybe even earlier, if I decide to apply for early decision.

===

right, enough ramble, a quick drawing from photo:
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 4,112 Posts
    As you can only give us sketches, they're pretty sweet. Good luck with the exams and study hard.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast