Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I envy your skill with drawing lovely hands.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    beth thank you
    eyestrain I'm pretty sure you meant that for Marlee instead...
    plissken here it is!

===

banged around on the piano today, taking a little rest from a week of school. I kind of regret not going on to take my diploma...it would give me pressure to practice properly.

===

I wish CA had a mass uploader not that I'm particularly prolific or anything but it would be nice. the categories make it a pain mostly.

1-4: some people from http://www.pixelovely.com/tools/gesture.html - I like this much better than posemaniacs.

5: I promised enviro studies SO HERE THEY ARE (took quite a long time on each of them compared to the figure ones) they're my first tries, pretty much, so advice and crits always appreciated

6: I have this friend. Anything she draws looks like rocks (or at least Cubist). She likes drawing hard edges and planes. While I can't draw rocks at all and like soft squishy female bodies...
    Sketchbook

NaidyBlack SpotEyestrainVK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

4. The Following User Says Thank You to krysjez For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Good so far but on the last pic the brownish water looks a bit like its flowing down like a waterfall instead of lying flat, I don't know if that was what you wanted though. Anyways, keep it up.
    "How'd you like them apples?"

->Sketchbook <-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dsacc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    some great drawings in here, keep it up! i love the fluidity of your figure sketches.

Thanks
    Your school sounds kind of scary...but that little workspace looks really nice/cute. I see a lot of good things going on here. Keep up the life drawing and all that. And I agree, I like doing gestures from photos much more than posemaniacs.

For your newest digipaints, try to start thinking more about edges if you're not already. Elwell's post is a great place to start.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 2,528 Posts

here it is!
    Well, thank you.
    You are right this pixelovely is much better than posemaniacs,
    and you did those gestures great.
    Plus you are starting to rock these environments real nicely.
    Way to go.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 896 Posts
    Oh hello again~
    The gestures are looking good, and I must say, your last studies makes me want to paint some landscapes. I'm not in much of a state to crit yours, since I barely ever touch landscapes, so just keep on experimenting.
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 6,147 Times in 4,197 Posts
    How would your teacher know you'd posted stuff? I can't see it hurting and you may get comments to improve. Studies are fine for the moment. I like your pen sketches.

Thanks
    Black Spot it's not about the teachers knowing, actually - more of if the exam board finds out there's a high chance of complications arising regarding your final grade. There's been one such case from my school, so we've all been advised to play it safe. Once bitten, twice shy. I'd love to be able to post coursework stuff here though!
    Naidy, Plissken, Brent Thanks!
    Eek It's not that bad...though I guess it can be considered a very "competitive" school. Just read Elwell's post, will print it out at school and paste it in my workspace.
    dsacc Heh, no that was not what I wanted. It will take some time for me to get used to doing environments.
    ===
    It's Chinese New Year, which means lots of food and no time to do homework. Today we have a friend from choir, looking rather unlike herself. Done from a photo. I was so worried about making the eyes too large that they ended up smaller than the ref instead...and she had a funny expression on her face which explains the slightly odd looking mouth area.
    Sketchbook

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    new year holidays are over...in other news, I got a Kindle 3
    ===
    front page photo from today's paper. I should draw from newspapers more often. The only problem is with darker areas the values are a bit hard to judge.

That and all the ink ends up on your hands after that. The ink used for our local papers is pretty bad in terms of hand-dirtying power.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    you have some good stuff here!

keep up the good work \o/

Thanks
    hheeeyyyy~!

You're really improving here! (even if you dont' see it ) My advice for the enviros is to block them in more , use a hard 100% opacity brush and really don't be afraid to go big with it. Don't be afraid to pick simpler enviros, and don't be afraid to simplify the ones you pick. Use big, accurate brushstrokes and really THINK HARD about why you're making each mark!! Make sure you map it out first, and my rule is for every 4 ref'd ones, do one from imagination! You'll get great at them , don't worry, its all in the practice.

Okay, lets see some more now!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlee. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 896 Posts
    Really like the last two posts.

And it's good to see you're evaluating your own work, something I have to get in the habit of doing myself.

Anyways, hope to see some more from you soon, keep up the good work!
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

Thanks
    Nice studies here, I like the progress you've made )

Thanks
    cool i like your studies , About the face that you drew it and said there are
    some error like the eyes too far from each other, do you know there are
    many people have wider than the one which you've drawing it

keep it up my friend

qlotzan

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast